Collapse

The perks of an RC-XD.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think people should stop comparing Airsoft to cod.

Comment

Re: The perks of an RC-XD.

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
      I think people should stop comparing Airsoft to cod.
      Please. I am, and have been sick of this skulduggery since it became "mainstream" (I know, I sound like a hipster), but it p*sses me off beyond belief.

Comment

I'm not too proud to admit to hiding in a toilet (well, technically on a toilet) at Dragon Valley one game.

The object was to hold the building for as long as possible and the team which cleared it fastest won.

I was happily defending a doorway when I realised I was about to be over-run, so I backed into the room behind me ready to make a last stand. Realising that behind the door was the entrance to a toilet stall I had a look in and it was obvious that this was probably the most defenceable position in the whole building. By crouching on the toilet, nobody could see me, nor could they bring a gun to bear without showing some target (unless they blind fired).

I fully expected to get into a contact within seconds, but people just kept looking in rather than round the corner. Eventually one person poked their head round the corner and I bang killed them. From then on, I had a few guys calling for me to surrender before they came in on full auto. I told them no was so they got a marshal to offer a surrender, which I turned down again, pointing out that they could only get to me by blind firing.

The marshal stayed outside the door as player after player poked body parts round the door and got hit with my gas shotty. This lasted a few minutes till my shotty ran dry and I got laced-up before I could get my pistol out.

Was I camping (AKA hiding for those of us that detest the COD comparisons in airsoft)? Yes I suppose I was, but I felt (and still do) that I was simply taking advantage of poor room clearance, not hiding under a load of boxes waiting for end-ex.

To the OP, while I wouldn't like to see that sort of tactic in a regular game, in a zombie game that's more than reasonable in my mind. BUT, the camera played absolutely no part in what you did. If you'd got bounced, the camera may have saved you getting killed by giving you a few seconds warning, but nobody came near and they wouldn't have done even without it.
        sigpic

Comment

Lol. I Sid the exact same thing at the outpost last weekend I went.

Timed game to stop the dirty bombs count down and kill the terrorists in possession of it.

I took it to the toilet block, sat on the toilet with it, pdw on one hand, flock in the other.

One guy found me, got killed, and his two team mates took so long plucking up the courage they opened the door just as the timer finished!

Comment

I recall one game at the Mall where someone had used a RC-XD fitted with a pyro. Drove it into the store we were all in and set it off. Got a good 5 or 6 kills I think (me included). I saw the thing drive in but was too busy thinking 'wtf!' to duck behind cover. I thought it was an excellent idea especially at that point in the game where it was getting very boring and tiresome because both teams were stuck in a stalemate - all we could do was shoot back and forth. Someone 'disabled' the RC-XD in the end by turning it to its side to take it out of play. Worked really well though so my hat off to whoever it was.
            Democracy: Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
            Liberty: A well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

TM M4 CQB-R SOPMOD, WE M1911 SILVER x2, KJW MK1, KWA USP .45, KWA MP9 (soon)

Comment

I must say, OP has peaked my interest in this not only to use as an explosive delivery tool but perhaps also to implement as a gameplay mechanic in some way... (I'm always thinking of odd gameplay scenarios)

And as far as dictating how someone should and shouldn't play airsoft, this is just the kind of condescending attitude that I think is the cancer of the airsoft community.

Comment

Originally posted by iNK View Post
                I must say, OP has peaked my interest in this not only to use as an explosive delivery tool but perhaps also to implement as a gameplay mechanic in some way... (I'm always thinking of odd gameplay scenarios)

And as far as dictating how someone should and shouldn't play airsoft, this is just the kind of condescending attitude that I think is the cancer of the airsoft community.
                Likewise too. I was told at the Mall I wasn't allowed to use the remote control devices I had brought (used to set off electrical mark 3/4 flashbangs) because of insurance issues so thought that was a royal waste of £50 or so in getting them. Then I saw this RC-XD someone had used and I realised the potential of the devices I had brought. Mount one on these RC-XD's and you have a great tactical tool. Been looking to get one since that day but not come across one at a half decent price yet (for someone who is no longer working might I add).
                Democracy: Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
                Liberty: A well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

TM M4 CQB-R SOPMOD, WE M1911 SILVER x2, KJW MK1, KWA USP .45, KWA MP9 (soon)

Comment

Honestly, if I saw a remote control car coming down the corridor at me, I'd stamp on it. This is airsoft not Call of Duty.

Diplomacy is overrated.

Comment

Eley -
                    Well airsoft is a real world representation of war and COD is a digital representation of war.

So why not? Just makes a challange..

Though tge RCXD should be 'destroyable'

Comment

Originally posted by eyley View Post
                      Honestly, if I saw a remote control car coming down the corridor at me, I'd stamp on it. This is airsoft not Call of Duty.
                      Exactly the sort of attitude that whould most probably see your face also stamped on!!!
                      Certainly if the RCXD was my own.

So would yo do the same to a remote det claymore?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Slumzy Find out more about Slumzy
                      Working...
                      X