tw@t's on the field .. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: tw@t's on the field ..

I've got my worst situation just yesterday.

near a bridge, I found a contact, at about 5, 6 meter from me, who gives me the back. we use to say "on my sight!" in this situation, to avoid the risk of bursting at short distances.

me: "on my sight!!!"
    me: more loud "hey!! I said on my sight!!"
    contact: nothing...ok, there was some engage at 10, 15 meters, but...

ok, then, I fired 3 or 4 single shots at his legs. this one turns to me and say: "ouh! what the fuck are you doing??"
    and me: "I said to you two times 'on my sight', and you don't listen to me, then I shot..."

then, I went on my way, when I feel two clear shots at my left leg.
    I turn back, and found the "hit" player with her gun in his hand. he told me: "ops, I accidentally shot...what I can say...shit happen!"

just because I'm a gentleman, I said to him just a "fuckoff!" and went on my way...

Comment

Originally posted by snuff View Post
      I've been follwing this thread lately and TBh I think the issue is ICOG's use of language.
      He/you may have a genuine gripe but there's are ways to raise it and ways not to.
      Ranting on a forum is not the way IMHO,and threatening to "rip" someones face off isn't really a way to get people to take him/you seriously.
      As said before the issues should be raised at source,you had an ideal oppotunity to deal with it but instead you packed up and skulked off.
      I personally would have approached the other person involved and appologised with my mask off,I would have taken the time to explain what happened,I think then you would have enjoyed the rest of the day,you would've cleared the air.
      Cheating occurs on most sites,the marshall should sort that and if the offender knows it's been noticed they usually don't re-offend.
      As for issues on the site it's the site manager you need to approach.
      I'm not jumping on the bandwagon and ganging up on you but I don't think you handled this well.
      Deal with at source when required and enjoy your days out.
      Snuff, I dont have any ill feelings towards anyone in airsoft. I expressed how I felt about someone being verbally abusive to me at that moment. Did I act on it? no. Let me say this why I believe my actions of walking walking away were warranted.
      Im a new person at a site... The only person I know at this venue are the people I came with. I see blatent cheating from both sides.. The marshals seem like they dont give a frig nor do anything about it, even when it is happening right in front of them. So in my mind, no help there bringing the attention to them. Someone who I dont know from Timbuktu, starts blatently curing at me because I made a mistake and double tap them. Not off load a full mag like some people do, and he literally cursed me out. Which I expressed that I didnt know the game was over and he still continued. Not to mention, He had to tell his OWN team mates that that game was over when they came around the corner guns blazing. Now he went back to his group and starting talking to them about it and pointing me out to them.
      So hers the layout: Im upset, the day is full with cheating and some turd has unleashed a ton of CURSE words to me. Of course I feel like tearing his face off.Who wouldnt? Im not going to apologies to some idiot who dealt with me like that. Im my thinking Im not going over there to have some idiot hype up on me, as he has proven that he doesnt have any manners. Im heated a bit, not having a good day, this could have potentially caused a big argument or maybe not, friends get involve and we possibly get get out. Instead of risking it.. I walked it off and waited for my friends.. tell me how Im wrong? DO you think Im going to fight over Airsoft? really? I do not like people screaming much les cursing at me. I've heard people make racist jokes and call me racist names in airsoft and have yet to lift a hand to them. Do I feel like tearing their face off.. yes... but I go on my way... Ill still stick by my decision of walking off was a better one for me.

Originally posted by demoncase View Post
      I've been playing airsoft for 10 years, and I've come to a zen-like conlcusion that would stand all those people getting 'wound up' about situations in game:
      1. The only person's behavior you can have direct control over is your own. Period. If you behave courteously, and within the site rules, fairly at all times then there will never be an issue. Bitching and whining about how people play, the kit they use, the magazine type in their guns and other such trivia does nothing except make you feel wound up. Provided they are playing within the site rules, weed your own garden.

2. It's just a game. You lose, win, get hit every 10 seconds or last the whole day and waste the other team and it matters precisely the same in the grand scheme of things- zip. nada. bupkiss....Will anyone care next month? Next year? Nope. So the only choice is to have fun or not to have fun. AGREED.

3. If someone hasn't had .2 filter into their brain enough and they feel the need to cheat to 'win' or enter into a screaming fit, then laugh it off/smile and walk away- it obviously matters way too much to them.... If the way they are behaving is affecting the game (as opposed to just annoying you) then report it to a marshall with a clear description of the player and the event.

4. If you find yourself coming away from airsoft angry and upset then maybe you need to remember it's only a game you play for fun.You know, enjoyment.
      If you aren't enjoying your current site- try another one.
      If you find you didn;t enjoy that, then maybe find another hobby or or look to your own self
      Demon, thanks for your mature answer. It's a relief to read a post that isnt filled with a condescending tone like what HAwke as clearly brought forward in his posts about the topic.
      In any case, why I do agree with your post sometimes someone having a bad day and bringing it into the game can affect other people on site too. Some people can manage this quite well but, theres always some idiot that will go far and beyond to piss everybody off, either by cheating or just having a stink attitude.

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
      In fairness, incognito never once said he got threatening or threatened anybody, he commented what he was thinking, I'm sure many of us have had nasty thoughts of what we wanted to do to a douche.
      So people, read the post before ranting about him getting violent when he didn't.

THANK YOU!

I've noticed one or 2 comments still about urban assault being good and my comments are unfounded.
      You are right, my comments about urban assault are wrong, I've never been there. However my comment stands when Ultimate Airsoft is concerned, which is the UA I was talking about.
      Crossed wires on many fronts.

Comment

Condescending? No. If you've taken it that way, I'm sorry.

Cheesed off with a pointless digital argument though? Oh yes. It's just a game. I have to remind myself of that, and that this is the internet, so not real.. (I'm not really a middle aged balding middle manager by the way, I'm actually a 17 year old cheerleader called Candi.)
        Last edited by Hawke; 11 June, 2012, 15:49. Reason: Middle aged grumpiness,
        Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

lol@Hawke. Like I said Earlier, my intentions was NOT to blast a site.. However, I dont have a problem about hiding which site did what , as I believe things like this will keep most sites vigilant about how they deal with things. I think what blew this repeated argument up for me, was when people started judging my character and pissing on me for how I felt about an issue. The important thing I believe is that, I dealt with it with out causing an incident and went on my way. Alot of people cant see past this and all I can see over this forum is people riding a high horse, or at least their attitude comes off that way

Anyhow, I do believe we're beating a dead horse here, but what ever, so it goes.

Comment

Incog' forget this appauling incident and move on,I still believe you could've handled it better.
            People myself included obviously judged you on the outburst which in my defence is all I know of you.
            There are idiots in all sports the more "pro" they get the more they "push" the boundaries.
            Because you didn't sort it out at source you ruined your day and have left with bad feeling,the opposition carried on regardless and enjoyed his day,I prefer the face to face approach and not in an aggressive way,it's amazing the response you get when masks are removed...the inominimity(?) dissappears,some people become really sheepish,embarrassed at their behaviour..
            As far as sites go vote with your cash and go elsewhere,none of us like to of hear instances like this but it happens.

Comment

Some kid who was already dead got caught in crossfire and tried to play hard, pulls his pistol (desert eagle, what else?) n empties the mag in the chest...... shame that his mighty .50 cod deagle apparently had less power than blowing peas thru a straw:D
              my toygun is better than your toygun

wtb: kwa atp auto, kwa atp ptp

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                I've been to urban Assault once. Earlier this year, and I can tell ya, while I know they wont be missing me, they have more than enough players to fill their roaster, but I wont be wasting my time going back. I can understand one or two players cheating a bit, but it was quite a few on both teams. I had to call out my "team" mates for not calling hits, and they looked at me like I was wrong. The marshals were too busy talking on their phones and to each other to even see some of the sh*t that was going on. When they were actually watching the game, they didnt call crap, as what one didnt do, when my mate and I unload 4 mags on one idiot who was supposing dodging rounds by rolling on the ground like rambo.

Another incident:, Its a pretty big site and its hard to ear when someone calls end game. I was in one room on the far end and saw an opponent with his gun up, walking through the building,So I shot him, not knowing the game ended. So he starts swearing at me. I was like wtf? I can understand being upset, especially when the game has ended, but directly swearing at me is another thing. I was so pissed off, he ran over to his other buddies while I started to get heated. I wanted to rip his face off.. After that I just packed my stuff up and waited for my mates to finish. Shit day.
                Ive highlighted the bit people are ignoring in his bad day.

Incog' forget this appauling incident and move on,I still believe you could've handled it better.
                People myself included obviously judged you on the outburst
                which in my defence is all I know of you.
                There are idiots in all sports the more "pro" they get the more they "push" the boundaries.
                Because you didn't sort it out at source you ruined your day and have left with bad feeling,the opposition carried on regardless and enjoyed his day,I prefer the face to face approach and not in an aggressive way,it's amazing the response you get when masks are removed...the inominimity(?) dissappears,some people become really sheepish,embarrassed at their behaviour..
                As far as sites go vote with your cash and go elsewhere,none of us like to of hear instances like this but it happens.
                Ive also high lighted where Incogs post has been either misconstrued or just totally ignored to add a better spin and make him the bad person in it all. Where does it say he had an outburst?
                It doesnt, he got heated, Weve all been there, end of a bad day, dehydrated, hungry etc etc. I think anyone would be a bit wtf if someone got in your face, last time I checked we dont live in soviet Russia circa 1984, which means we can think anything we want.
                Im sorry but if anyone says they have never thought about doing something nasty to an asshole whilst airsofting, then they are lying, simple.
                Weve all had moments of tongue biting and to be honest it seems he did that a fair amount but soooo many people on this thread and slated him for having a bad time and have plucked random 'facts' and 'threats' out of the sky, which means they obviously fell out of a Cornflakes packet the morning of the replies.

My tip? Read the f**king posts properly before jumping on someones case for no reason.
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Right at my first post I said that his choice of language was wrong,I did judge him on his choice of wording.
                  The outburst refers to the wording used,"rip his face off".
                  Perhaps some of us have thought that but we don't declare it on a public forum.
                  He was right to do what he did if he was happy to leave the site,but as I stated I'm sure if he had handled it differently the day may have produced a different outcome.
                  I never ignored any of his posts but my point is remarks however tongue in cheek they are form the foundation for for the rest of the discussion.
                  For instance shortly after his first post he was called a keyboard warrior,purley because he came on here ranting rather than addressing it at the time.
                  Try to understand the sentiment behind my comments,as I said I'm not jumping on the bandwagon to beat him but purely casting my opinion based on a statement.

Comment

Righty ho, think we're all done now.

I'm off to start another thread, "Lovely blokes on the field"
                    Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Right at my first post I said that his choice of language was wrong,I did judge him on his choice of wording.
                      The outburst refers to the wording used,"rip his face off".
                      Perhaps some of us have thought that but we don't declare it on a public forum.
                      He was right to do what he did if he was happy to leave the site,but as I stated I'm sure if he had handled it differently the day may have produced a different outcome.
                      I never ignored any of his posts but my point is remarks however tongue in cheek they are form the foundation for for the rest of the discussion.
                      For instance shortly after his first post he was called a keyboard warrior,purley because he came on here ranting rather than addressing it at the time.
                      Try to understand the sentiment behind my comments,as I said I'm not jumping on the bandwagon to beat him but purely casting my opinion based on a statement.
                      Great, but you chose pick the wording out of the context to shed a bad light.
                      Just look back the other pages and see how many people have expressed the thought of what they wanna do! Quite a few really, but no one picks up on that, it was used in such a way that he was telling us how angry he was at the situation. He also did mention that the marshalls were lack lustre (to which I can't comment having never been), so his only course of action at the time was to walk off otherwise tempers might well have flared.
                      Tbh, if you have got to the point of thinking how much you want to 'rip some ones face off' and manage to control that urge then good on ya for holding back and leaving it be.
                      It might be worth reading back a few of the other posts and see how many say things like 'I really wanted to punch him in the mouth' or 'I was so close to sticking my gun up his arse', which in my eyes is no more or no less harsh than this guys statement, yet they all get congratulated for keeping cool.
                      It seems many 'regulars' to the site have taken offence and decided to assassinate his character over something he's fully entitled to do, think!
                      section 24 of the 1968 Act
                      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I did write an reply earlier but it didn't seem suitable.
                        I never set out to assasinate his character and to be quite honest I don't see where I have.
                        I did take exception to his use of certain wordings,but that's me,I highlited the use of certain words on a public forum.
                        I don't read every thread,just the ones that catch my eye,this one did but I'm not sure why.
                        I will admit that I've never experienced the feeling of inflicitcing violence on another player so it's alien to me,I've never been in the situation described,I've not seen it escalate as far.

Comment

Can we take one thing away from this, each and every one of us?

Using BOLD does nothing to help anyone when you highlight an entire post...

Comment

• Wow we're do you guys play? I've been playing for two years and I had some issues at the site I started t. I was shot from close range with a sniper buy a guy whom I know used hot guns. The site doesn't have marshals at all do I started playing at Ground Zero and haven't had any issues at all. The occasional guy not taking a hit but i haven't had anyone blatantly taking the piss. I guess I'm not playing enough!

Comment

Originally posted by matt [DWC] View Post
                              I was shot from close range with a sniper buy a guy whom I know used hot guns.
                              WHY THE HELL DID YOU PLAY WITH HIM/LET HIM PLAY IF YOU ARE GOING TO MOAN ABOUT IT!!!???

If I had a pound for every time I heard somebody say "I KNOW his gun is hot", I'd be bloody wealthy.

Comment

Good grief, how did I miss this thread? It was an epic read to accompany the cup of tea that I forgot to make an hour ago.

I've only really had one bad experience at Urban Assault. Some unsavoury fellow wearing boxing gloves/wraps (or whatever they're called) upset me slightly- shooting someone in the side as they run up a staircase only to follow them up and have their smg poking you in the face doesn't make for a happy experience. The result of which was a few nice welts and a sit down in the safe zone. Wasn't terribly pleased. Relayed my concerns to a marshall and that was the end of it. That was a few years ago and haven't seen the person since.
                                The regulars (many are my friends, lucky as I am to know them) are on the most part, a genial bunch who will take the time to help people out, especially if they're new or have gun troubles. Mind you, I'm not exactly a shrinking violet and have no trouble sidling up to people and starting conversations so some other people might not feel comfortable approaching a bunch of strangers (many of whom look very strange indeed).

Still, it has it's good days and bad days just like every other site in the country- if every experience was the best, then there wouldn't be any "best experiences".

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X