X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seansamurai1
    replied
    Re: tw@t's on the field ..

I'm not confusing that fact at all if you read my post correctly.
    A shoulder barge is deemed an action of violence, to that end that shoulder barge is a hard physical contact done to either cause injury or to place somebody in a position of further threat or to knock them to the floor.
    In return reasonable force would be putting the other person into a position where they are of no further threat, this means reasonably I could suppress them to the floor in a controlled manner as to not inflict serious or life threatening injuries.
    If that person was to stand there and shout threatening language to me, my only course of action is words.
    People at that site do know me and also know I have a pretty good temperament BUT I don't take kindly to physical or verbal threats of violence, and I certainly will not stand there and be assaulted either.
    I work from an ROE everyday and for that fact I have a very good idea of what 'reasonable force' and 'self defence' is.

Leave a comment:

• BioShocked
    replied

No you cant use whatever force you deem necessary. Force used must always be reasonable. This is determined by a reasonable man test, would a reasonable man think that the amount of force used was reasonable. Hitting someone because the shoulder barged you would not be viewed as a reasonable amount of force. Yes the dude was a prick but don't confuse that with the ability to attack at will.

Leave a comment:

• psirus101
    replied

As long as you can justify your actions use whatever force you deem necessary. If someone was getting aggressive and acted upon this aggression with physical intimidation I'd be well withing my rights to defend myself.

Leave a comment:

• BioShocked
    replied

Yes but it has to be reasonable and necessary Which is where law gets stodgy.

Leave a comment:

• Figjam
    replied

Real situation on that self defense issue is the site owner or marshals are going to hear at least two different versions of the events and are going to take the easy route and kick everyone involved off site and likely ban them.
    Better to turn the other cheek, then the story has only one bad guy and you get to stay on site and carry on having a nice day. Winning without fighting.

Leave a comment:

• Boo-Sabum Ben
    replied
    I've only ever seen that happen once (the surrender rule, not the people knot tying, I see that far too often)

He jumped out and got 3 people to put their arms up in the air, before they realised what should have happened and went for their guns again, and filled him full 'o lead!

Leave a comment:

• psirus101
    replied

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
    Yes it does.
    Seconded.

Leave a comment:

• seansamurai1
    replied

Yes it does.
    Self defence is used when a threat of or an act of violence has/is taking place, self defence can be from a verbal warning all the way to restraining and controlled submission.
    It is however relative to the action carried out by the other person.
    If he is to barge me I can construe that as an act of violence towards myself, to which I can react accordingly to stop any further threat to my personall well being.

Leave a comment:

• BioShocked
    replied

Self defence doesn't quite work like that dude

Leave a comment:

• seansamurai1
    replied

I think my patience would have snapped at the shoulder barge, that to me is assualt and it would have been treated as so, no 2 ways that guy would have been tied in knots as self defence.

Leave a comment:

• felix80
    replied

unfortunatly they bought it back, good job you wasn't there sean, think even you would of seen red

Leave a comment:

• seansamurai1
    replied

That's the reason our site got rid of the bang rule.
    Too many people shouting at each other rather than shooting, saved on ammo though.
    Went as far as snipers trying to bang kill at 20m.

Leave a comment:

• felix80
    replied

which bit lol

Leave a comment:

• god84
    replied

@felix, that sir is a classic.

Leave a comment:

• felix80
    replied

had a couple of T**ts the other week at my site, shining touches into peoples faces and then firing point blank into the said faces. now i don't mind the odd face shot but when they were doing with every shot then that just takes the biscuit, then to top it all off 1 of them banged killed me and then shoved me a couple of feet back, at that point i had to walk out of the playing area before i decked him into the floor. after i calmed down i decided to play the next game where the same guy charged into a room which was held by about 5-6 of us and shouted "bang bang bang you're all dead". was explained at the start of the day that no matter how quick you are on the trigger there is no way in hell you will get more than 2 people with a bang kill. wot a complete T**t

i found out later that they play the hostage rule where you can capture a small team all on your jack jones no really that is true cos a small squad will come quietly if 1 person jumps out on them and shouts surrender

Leave a comment:

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
X