Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: tw@t's on the field ..

Originally posted by RiflemanLizard View Post
    I honestly just don't get it. If it's immersion you're after and you want to look the part, start by immersing yourself in a calorie controlled diet.

A few of my friends are self-confessed fat bastards, point is they don't try to look Delta, SEAL, Marsoc, PJ, SAS, SBS, Dirk Steel.
    The truth is guys, it just doesn't work... and like watching a midget climb a rope; it can get pretty sad.

Still, whatever floats your gravy boat.
    I have to agree, there's just something inherently "strange" about seeing a 20-odd stone guy in full Delta/ DEVGRU "operator" gear, but as you say, everyone is entitled to load-out how they see fit (or unfit).
    Originally posted by Scotty Dog:
    I usually just keep a turd in a drop leg holster, then if i'm cornered I just sling it and at least one person will get a faceful. It's great on ammo too, especially if i've had a KFC on the way there.

Comment

Rare SBS footage taken at a Hereford based leisure centre.

Operator as Fook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-CaC_43cZI

I don't mind the husky lads. It's an inclusive game and it should cater to everyone and anyone... but come on, some effort wouldn't go amiss.

Comment

"Get out of line of fire" guy made me very unreasonably angry this morning, so much so I had to walk away from the internet for a few hours or I'd have written things that would not have represented me in the best light.

So so so glad to see the the comments from Mall staff on the youtube vid that have gone up today about this berk getting a company ban. I have only ever had good experiences there and suspect this approach is the reason why.

Comment

Just noticed he then proceeds to fire 2 more shots, likely at another teammate.
          For Sale
          Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

Originally posted by Vex View Post
            Just noticed he then proceeds to fire 2 more shots, likely at another teammate.
            We have literally just noticed that ourselves, he does shoot the gentleman all in black in the back briefly after shooting the cameraman.

Comment

Hey, cameraman here. I was quite shocked to wake up today to see this video has 1500+ views haha, as i only put it in my universities airsoft group.
              I am glad that i wasn't alone in thinking that this kind of thing/these kind of players ruin airsoft for everyone else. I put it up as unlisted because i didnt upload it to stir anything in the community, but i am glad that it has made people willing to ban these kind of people from their site.
              If EVERYONE had cameras running in airsoft, maybe people would think twice before being a douchebag, eh?
              Anyways, thanks for people commending me on my restraint on the player. I really wanted to unload my mag into the back of his knees, but i didn't want to stoop to his level.

Comment

Mate I tip my hat to you. I wouldn't of kept my cool like that.

Very well done.

Comment

yeah, he'd have got some serious verbal from me had I been in your position.

Comment

Likewise. I would have reacted the same way initially ("Did someone on my own team just shoot me in the back as I was moving up to engage?") but I would have had a hard time keeping a lid on it after that. Zen-like cool in keeping your words to yourself!

Comment

Very very infuriating. And well done for remaining calm. But its not something i havent experienced myself before. It happens more often than you think.

Also loving the insinuation that he must own a very expensive gun if hes a badly behaved cheating wossname. Less of the reverse-snobbery please people... G&G raider owners can be bellends too.
                      AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Ah, I recognise that guy, same game. Was coming up main stairwell from basement in the mall, he was sat in the corner a level up, 3 of us cleared the stairs on the way to the level just below him, all 3 fired shots at him, saw a couple fall off, no hits called from him, or at least someone from his team. In fairness, they're wearing a lot of gear so may not have felt it, but after arsery like that in this video... I doubt it.

Should probably lose the gear if they can't play the game properly.

Comment

Never subscribed to that one. Even if you cant always feel it (and even through real plates ive felt hits), you CAN hear them. And if in doubt, just take it. Most airsofters could do with that extra run back to respawn to work off their McDonalds breakfast anyway. Id not want people to think i wouldnt take my hits just because im wearing a bit of kit.

Besides, in The Mall i tend to cover up as much as i can anyway. I had several bits of missing tattoos from that place on my first visit. I quickly learnt from that one.
                          AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenriz View Post
                            Never subscribed to that one. Even if you cant always feel it (and even through real plates ive felt hits), you CAN hear them. And if in doubt, just take it. Most airsofters could do with that extra run back to respawn to work off their McDonalds breakfast anyway. Id not want people to think i wouldnt take my hits just because im wearing a bit of kit.

Besides, in The Mall i tend to cover up as much as i can anyway. I had several bits of missing tattoos from that place on my first visit. I quickly learnt from that one.
                            Not defending non hittaking, but I've found that with comtacs/peltors, it can be hit or miss with hearing (especially cheap replica ones). Also, if you've got some hard material behind the nylon like mags/radios/solid plate etc it'll make a noise, but hitting a soft bit of cordura or if you have a foam plate it becomes a lot harder to hear and you have to concentrate a lot more. I go by the 'flinch' rule now. If a bloke doesn't react in the slightest, he's almost definitely not felt/heard it. It's if people move about, look around, get cover or flinch/say ow etc that I get pissed off.
                            Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                            It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Thats a fair point. I have some genuine Sordins and i dont think ive had an issue (yet). But as i play at UA mostly the engament distances are so close you havent much choice but to feel/hear it.

As said though, if in doubt take it. It doesnt cost you much, and might make someone have a little more faith in other airsofters (something im seeing less and less of - its ruining the hobby for me). Itd be a rare thing to literally have no clue unless youre running full bore through the woods. And in those cases HOPEFULLY the shooter might be mature enough to take that into account and not blow their stack (and of course thats assuming they could guarantee theyd hit their target).
                              AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

I experienced some excellent marshalling under Portsdown Hill a couple of weekends ago. Marshall approached me "you were hit then", "crap, was I?", "It was right in the mag pouch, you'd not have felt it", "crikey, sorry, HIT", "No mate, its ok, we could all see you'd not have felt it".

Rather embarrassingly I then shot hit later as he came round a corner :/

But yeah, I have been at both ends of the kit-preventing-hit-taking issue. Its vexing, but as long as its not someone deliberately wearing so many clothes they can't bend their arm (I'm talking to you 2nd-game-two-Hoodies-under-your-market-dpm-rental boys) it's understandable.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X