tw@t's on the field .. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: tw@t's on the field ..

Take it as a compliment, center of mass and all that!

Gotta say, the air would be rather blue if that were me. Taken one to the 'tip' before, HOLY HELL! Had to inspect the damage in the bog. It wasn't pretty.

Remember the leech scene in Stand By Me? That was my face.

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
      Are you sure he wasn't asking in case he had and needed to apologise and reassure you that he wasn't intentionally going for people's balls?
      I suppose it will depend on how he said it.

I was playing in a CQB environment and popped round a corner surprising a stack of people. The kid at the front had his finger on the trigger of his moscart and I took it full in the balls from about a foot away when he jumped up in surprise. He then asked me if he had got me in the balls and when I said yeah, he burst out laughing (fair enough), then spent the rest of the day bragging about it, even claiming it was intentional.

As a player, he was caught ignoring hits, and not going all the way back to spawns throughout the day. He was often not listening during briefs, and was full of smack talk.

Lovely chap.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormin View Post
        If I could 'like' that post on here I would, Ritchie!

I think I know which one the nutshot kid was. He had a bright blue camelbak on and a very poorly spray painted helmet.

To give you an idea of this dude: he got told off in the safety brief for using his mobile phone right in front of the marshal speaking o_O
        Getting told off at The Mall just proves that you aren't a robot. Even I got told off. I know they have a lot of crap to deal with compared with other sites, but I do wonder whether treating their players like children is actually part of the problem. I got wrong of a marshal for something that is apparently in the safety brief I've hear 6 times now (don't move cones), but that item must have appeared some time after minute 35, when I, someone who has the focus to complete a six hour karate grading and builds highly detailed 28mm scale models from scratch for fun, had tuned out.

Oh, btw Stormin, you have done a bad thing to me, I used to hate AKs, and now am in the final stages of legally marrying my £600 TM. I fear your AUG may have set my feet on the path that ends in a new addition to my collection, you've done a nice job.

I'll still never own a G36... (I keep telling myself)

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
        Are you sure he wasn't asking in case he had and needed to apologise and reassure you that he wasn't intentionally going for people's balls?
        Yes, written down the question is ambiguous. It'd be nice to give him the benefit, but unfortunately the tone wasn't one of concern. That added to the proximity of the bruise on my thigh, where all I can say is it was a good thing it was a cold day.

But you are right, I can't conclusively say it was deliberate, and the end result is that mine and everyone I know's nuts are fine, which is always heartwarming knowledge, so we don't need to round up the kangaroo court and the lynch mob on the nipper, we can just hate him for the usual reasons that he doesn't yet have any financial responsibility and life hasn't yet taught him the dark cynicism that rots a festering void in your soul.

However, I still think that there is merit in establishing a consensus that anyone deliberately trying to neuter a stranger because you think its funny is wrong.

Comment

Oh, another tale from yesterday. My mate (who does acknowledge that he doesn't wear full face) got a peach of a bruise on his cheek. He said he knows it was from an AK because he recognised the feel of the flash hider as it was pressed against his face prior to the shot. This happened while he was passing the chap on his way to re-gen while calling out "dead player".

Sounds like I'm having a whine about the day, but I had a cracking time. The high tw@t ratio on the day was something we were laughing about pretty much the whole time and my buddies and I all have the attitude that we get to shoot the tw@ts, so its all good. Only person who can ruin a day for me is myself, if I let myself get cross. Didn't happen: I got to play airsoft while enjoying a bit of a human zoo.

Comment

you should probably mention these things on the day to us you know. as much fun as it is reading about them here that is.
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I did mate. Mentioned a couple of things as they went on early in the day, but didn't want to come off as a whiner. Was very impressed with one of your marshals who legged it up the escalators after a lad who blind fired me in full Somali pirate mode on full auto over the banisters, but nipper knew he'd done wrong and scarpered and it was too dark to describe him.

As for the above testicular episode, I figured the kid had so much plausible deniability that it'd run like this:
              "Figjam says you are aiming for the nuts"
              "No, it was an accident"

Thought I'd save my complaints for things that were cast iron. If the nipper was doing it on purpose then its more an attitude issue: putting it out into the community that nutshots are not cool is what I reckoned was the more effective route. But I'm just some guy. It means I get to write some stuff that amuses me while I'm too sore to move.

Comment

nah aat that point we'd keep an eye on and if he was seen doing it then wouldve been talked to. if it was the kid i was thinking of, hes not that tall, and was likely aiming for what would've been his center mass
                (and in that case it wasn't relayed, and as such, i shall be having words!)

Comment

Talked a lot, helmet.

As said, more about him than you guys (apart from my dig about the briefing, but you've all heard that before. Does nipper have to elaborate so much on his points? I think no, you guys think yes. I think I look good in a beard, so whatever). I had a great time and will hopefully be back in January as a bunch of my mates had to miss out at short notice this time round because of the requirements of her majesty.

EDIT:
                  In all of this I have not mentioned my admiration for Richie's poetic skills above! Like the Vikings, I think you should compose a saga to commemorate every airsoft game!

Comment

wasn't taking it as such, and yes tabby talks too much. we all know this. (and because of player safety i can't turn the radio off :c)

Comment

Originally posted by Figjam View Post
                      a bunch of my mates had to miss out at short notice this time round because of the requirements of her majesty.
                      Were they banged up at her Majesty's leisure for their roles in a secretive airsoft vendetta codenamed 'Tchaikovsky', led by a secretive mastermind known only as 'The Nutcracker'...?

Comment

lol. I like your story much better than the truth.

Comment

• tw@t's on the field ..

From the Files of Police Squad: Brawling Douchebags

Comment

jesus. Time to be pressing charges for assault methinks.

Comment

Oh wow

Comment

Just came here to post it, saw you got here first. Pretty unbelievable. Although when dude was going "who's going to square off to me?" I'd have loved to push my hat up and given him my best "I'm your Huckleberry..."

But seriously kids, this is awful and should be condemned in the strongest possible terms. I had a very brief exchange of less than savoury words with a lad this weekend, and then we made our peace and shook hands. Swinging over airsoft? My guns might get damaged!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X