X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanBeresford
    replied
    Re: tw@t's on the field ..

On the flip side of Black Templars story (nice username by the way - Purge the Unclean!) I had a similar situation occur wherein I was out of ammo completely apart from a moscat I'd completely forgotten about (d'oh!) and I stood up out of cover in front of about 5 enemy players and said "consider me dead guys, I'm dry" and got plenty of congratulations for managing to stay hidden for so long and get so many kills as I had stimmied an enemy advance single handedly (and no thats not bragging, I really did).

So it's not all doom and gloom!

Leave a comment:

• FullMetalAsh
    replied

It's all well and good saying that the bang rule doesn't work, but it only doesn't work because people don't take it on the grounds of "it's unrealistic". Sometimes people are ridiculous with how they try and use the bang rule, and under those conditions then I would agree, you shouldn't take it. If you walk into a room at an urban site or into a building, then you shoot as many as you can before you get shot yourself, fastest reactions wins. But if you sneak up on someone and they have no idea you're there, saying BANG from withing 3 metres has the exact same effect as a knife kill, and you wouldn't argue that. My home site is XSite and they don't play the bang rule, but if someone came up behind me and tried to get a bang kill from a metre or two away, I'd take it, purely because;

A; I don't want to get shot from a metre away.
    B; The guy has been a gentleman and has given someone the option to take a hit with minimal fuss.
    C; He's been a good enough player to get to that position without exposing himself, just because he bang killed me rather than knife killing me, the effect is the same a knife kill, as I've said.

I guess the game is different for everyone, and if people don't agree with the bang rule then it's their place I guess, I just don't think turning around and shooting the person who got the better of you is very honourable in a game based on honour.
    Last edited by FullMetalAsh; 5 January, 2012, 21:49. Reason: Grammar Nazism

Leave a comment:

• Digger
    replied

Hmmm I wonder what his excuse would have been in A and E when asked how his pistol ended up in his rectum?
    Your sportsmanship is to be commended though well done you!

Mark

Leave a comment:

• Bristol Recon
    replied

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
    The flip side is Bristol Recon, fantastic guys, really friendly and very good airsofters
    Cheers for the feedback, we do our best

Leave a comment:

• Mavrik
    replied

Its a shame that my generation (young) seems to be stuck on COD not only is it strangling any inovative games it spawns a whole load of genral nitwits. I promise you not all young people are idiots. That said i was once playing were me and a team mate stormed into a room watched as the guy occuping it emptyed the clip of a baby hi capa into the door above my team mates head and then moaned saying that he was hit despite even if it had hit it would have been immediatly noticeable as they were head shots. Im young not thick

Leave a comment:

• phatboi
    replied

Originally posted by Black Templar View Post
    Here's a thing. Few weeks ago at the Stan found myself with no working M4 - brand new battery had gone flat in about an hour, empty side arm that was clearly out of gas also and surrounded by opfor Santas as had I had come from a room as I was pretty much last chap standing... One of said Op For asked what the story was, so I let him know, both guns U/S and I was out now. Chappie placed the barrel of his pistol against thigh, said 'Unlucky' and shot.
    It was an epic battle of will power not to break his nose really.
    Even telling some people your out simply does not sink in sometimes.
    good lad for having the will power for not breaking his nose,

as that's poor sportsmanship knowing a guys out and point blank him when a simple "knife" kill would suffice.

some people need a good slap imo.

Leave a comment:

• Chosen-Man
    replied

[QUOTE=Black Templar;918489] Chappie placed the barrel of his pistol against thigh, said 'Unlucky' and shot.It was an epic battle of will power not to break his nose really.QUOTE]

He sounds like a cock, fair play to how you handled it though. Quite a few people would throw toys out their pram if it happened to them.

Leave a comment:

• druid799
    replied

One of said Op For asked what the story was, so I let him know, both guns U/S and I was out now. Chappie placed the barrel of his pistol against thigh, said 'Unlucky' and shot.
    Well done for acting like a proper sportsman , take consolation that hes a p*ick and one day he IS going to get a slap , and you never know you mite be lucky enuf to be there to watch !

Leave a comment:

• caffin999
    replied

Here's a thing. Few weeks ago at the Stan found myself with no working M4 - brand new battery had gone flat in about an hour, empty side arm that was clearly out of gas also and surrounded by opfor Santas as had I had come from a room as I was pretty much last chap standing... One of said Op For asked what the story was, so I let him know, both guns U/S and I was out now. Chappie placed the barrel of his pistol against thigh, said 'Unlucky' and shot.
    what a twat!

Leave a comment:

• Black Templar
    replied

Wattsy, - Charlie knew about it so I think wisdom was passed as only Charlie can. One of those things I guess.

Leave a comment:

• wattsy
    replied

templar. i hope you told stig or charlie about that when it happened. if that had happened at tean or madeley when i marshal there the person who did it would be in for a bollocking!

Leave a comment:

• DanBeresford
    replied

HAH! If someone does that to me they are going to get it right back from my WE SCAR - and that DOES hurt.

Idiots like that require a slap.

Leave a comment:

• Black Templar
    replied

Leave a comment:

• wattsy
    replied

the bang kill simply fails. if your in touching distance of your oppo go for the knife kill (or two fingers on the shoulder) thats an unquestionable kill.
    we have the surrender rule. you can give your opponent the chance to surrender and take the kill without a shot being fired, but you need to be in a position to take the shot if they decline the offer, if you get shot whilst offering a surrender to someone then more fool you for not being ready to shoot!

Leave a comment:

• Wølf
    replied

Ground zero have hit the nail on the head as far as the bang rule is concerned imo, basically if you do manage to get the drop on someone then you tap the other player on the shoulder and just say "knife kill", there is no minimum engagement distance (unless your sniper) so its something less for people to moan about, none of this "oi mate i bang killed you"
    "no you didnt cos i got class 4 armour on that is impenetrable to bang kill bullets"
    "im so telling a marshall on you and getting you done"

Quite often though i will say "you can take the hit or i will pull the trigger" and 9/10 people take it without issue.

Leave a comment:

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
X