X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanBeresford
    replied
    Re: tw@t's on the field ..

Aye, I agree with both Jamie (as he's my team mate) and madwelshman, on various but not all points.

The tunnels isn't a perfect site but I have a lot of respect for the marshals there as it cannot be fun trying to marshal such a large, unique site.

If the teams seemed unbalanced I am sure it wasn't done on purpose - I didn't realise any more F&O teams had been put on the Orange team other than the Immortals, but I don't frequent The Outpost so I wouldn't know.

Is this the first time you've been there Madwelshman? The first time I went I had a similar experience with poor gameplay from a select few ruining it for everyone and this last time for me was a COMPLETELY different experience.

One thing I did notice though, and getting back to the topic of this thread - was from certain members of the Green team who I am told are regulars there (who I will not name as I do not do the name and shame game) was the age old favourite of cheaters - "I cannot see where the shot came from so I'll ignore it."

One fellow - the very same one Jamie mentions in his post above as I was the prone player in his tale - I had the opportunity to shoot again later in the day from a concealed position (along with 13 of his mates, but I digress. :D ) and I shot him as he stacked up on a corner with a double tap. Feeling the hit and not seeing a shooter he bolted for the nearest cover and I hit him with six more shots before he reached it as I was literally about 5 metres from him at the time.

Thankfully after our first encounter with him the Marshals had agreed to watch him and his team for the day, and one of them was to hand to tell him he'd been hit - several times - with a "please stop taking the piss' tone of voice. On his way back past his team one of them had a bit of a discussion with him that went something like this:

Douches friend: "Where did you get shot from?"

Douche: "I don't know, I didn't see anyone so I think they were blind firing!"

Marshal: "No, you just got hit by someone you didn't see - back to regen, now!"

This guy was part of a team who had several shining examples of poor airsoft sportsmanship all day. This guy was just the pinnacle of douche, but examples of some of his mates:

1 of them tossed a BFG into the corridor we were in, we all scattered into hard cover. Marshal shouts "BFG - ZERO KILLS!" as is the custom when they are used. This guy comes advancing toward the corridor and one of our guys popped out from another position away from us and shot him. So he calls his hit, goes to gather his BFG, and as he does he stopped for a few seconds to tag EVERY single one of our team before going back to his regen, and it was obvious that's what he was doing cos he looked at each of our guys in turn - who were just emerging from cover. At this point we were right by their regen so he knew he'd be back in the game in a couple of minutes.

Another example was a fellow who tossed a BFG that WASN'T LOADED around a corner then called a marshal to complain that we didn't take hits from it. As we didn't want to cause problems we took it, but then he did the same thing later in the afternoon and this time I called him on it. With no marshals around to hear him he said "Yeah I know - I knew exactly what I was doing when I tossed it." Using an empty BFG as a scare tactic is perfectly valid, but to call a marshal over after doing it once to complain about non-hit taking from it is just low.

From talking to the marshals about these guys I heard that they have been warned multiple times for this are are very close to being banned.

On the flip side, from my concealed position in my first example I did manage to tag FOURTEEN green players with my GBB SCAR without any of them spotting me - with a marshall stood ten feet away watching it all happen. I have no idea how they didn't spot me as my SCAR isn't exactly quiet! I eventually called a hit from a ricochet as I was practically out of ammo anyway - was quite satisfying to so blatantly ruin their advance when a their little group had been cheating all day. :D

Leave a comment:

• Heath
    replied

Worst guy i saw was some guy with a union flag bandanna. He snuck up of 4 of us, and shot 2 of us pretty much point black (me in the side of the head), then held a solid wooden 'knife' (god knows how he managed to get away with using it) to another guy to keep him as a hostage. The other guy with us who hadnt been hit politely told him to surrender, so mr bandanna shot him a few times point blank. Safe to say we never saw him again.

Leave a comment:

• madwelshman
    replied

totally agree fella, marshals cant be everywhere...

What if one is 6 ft away, watching you get shot at 2ft, then watch the same player shot another team member at point blank, without even an appology...

Not going into the "in's and outs" of it fella, i'm sure you had a great day on the orange team glad us "wombles" could be of service...

I've sent an email to Felix, with my number if he would like a chat. I run a very succesfull paintball site cant stand paintball myself) and would be happy to share some tips that would simply and drastically improve the outpost with next to no cost at all!

Totally agree, dont break up teams, but balance the two teams rather than put everyone with a F&O patch on one team, and the rest on the other... there were clear pockets of smaller teams on each side, if they were balanced evenly, at least then we would have had a slight chance in knowing wtf we were meant to be doing or where we were going!

I've played at many a site where you play 2-3 games, but sunday was so vague, drawn out and confusing, we simply went out and shot anything that moved, much easier

I liked your post, because its your view, your entitled to it

Leave a comment:

• Jamie s
    replied

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
    Lol, I was at the tunnels yesterday, worst site I have ever played at... Such a shame!

Only 3 games all day, epic fail!! Scenarios so complicated, even the marshals contradicted themselves trying to explain them... F&O members near all on one team, convenient.... Rude marshals, possibly one of the longest and yet pointless "off the cuff" safety briefings ever witnessed.. Though still managing to miss key important points!

Won't be going again, waste of a day off and £30 for what? Barely half a day of actual play and 15 luke warm French fries and a fried sausage... Fail

If any F&O members read this, consider this an open invite to come play at urban 6 at night, single shot, see how it should be done! Feel free to tell felix to drop me a message if he'd like to discuss any points raised, cos the majority of his marshals couldn't give a frack...
    all places have the odd problem pal, yeah the food isnt that good but its better than nothing,

they generally try not to break up teams of friends and such like the Anzio immortals (my team)

Quite a few places run games that last for quite a while at anzio we have played from start till dinner then after dinner to closing time without coming back to the safe zone unless you really had to. it does make everything a bit different.

If you have a problem with a marshal, talk to Felix, also the marshalls can't be everywhere at once, not unless we had 1 marshal for each player which would be ridiculous.
    and as for the safety breif, they try to get the points across seriously but the occasionally miss the odd thing, if they miss something and someone realises they have (as i did with the weapon hits) someone will mention it

apart from the things I mentioned in my post before this one, I loved the day even more than I did the first time I went there
    Last edited by Jamie s; 5 December, 2011, 13:57. Reason: bit more stuff to say

Leave a comment:

• madwelshman
    replied

Lol, I was at the tunnels yesterday, worst site I have ever played at... Such a shame!

Only 3 games all day, epic fail!! Scenarios so complicated, even the marshals contradicted themselves trying to explain them... F&O members near all on one team, convenient.... Rude marshals, possibly one of the longest and yet pointless "off the cuff" safety briefings ever witnessed.. Though still managing to miss key important points!

Won't be going again, waste of a day off and £30 for what? Barely half a day of actual play and 15 luke warm French fries and a fried sausage... Fail

If any F&O members read this, consider this an open invite to come play at urban 6 at night, single shot, see how it should be done! Feel free to tell felix to drop me a message if he'd like to discuss any points raised, cos the majority of his marshals couldn't give a frack...

Leave a comment:

• Jamie s
    replied

well, where to begin?
    the most recent one,

drakelow tunnels- me and about 4 other people are defending a area of a tunnel, 1 of us is lying down in a position where he can hit people but hardly get hit himself,
    some enemy runs past into the area we are in and despite being hit in the legs about 6 times by the guy laying on the floor starts shooting at us, so we each shoot him several times he then takes the hits (no medic, straight to regen) he waits for a minute or so looking exactly where we are, then starts going towards his regen, he gets about 5 meters away.
    then he comes back over to us and goes "i hit you definatly" to the guy who was lying on the floor despite 5 guys knowing that he definatly didnt.

later, same guy 'throws' a BFG at me and a few others it doesnt go off about 1/2 a second after it would have gone off he shouts for a marshall and tries to get all of us done for not taking a bfg hit. several times during the day we heard a bfg go off then straight away a shout for a marshall.
    and each time it was 'captain bfg' as we took to nicknaming him.

there were a few other instances of idiocy, but other than that it was a damm good day

Leave a comment:

• seansamurai1
    replied

Originally posted by GhostDivisionAirsoft View Post
    I'd guess that was the UA weekender at Luslgate, I was there too, sadly on the side of the greens, outnumbered and outgunned all day by the Aces and co. One of the worst weekends airsofting for me and I'm sure you felt the same. It didn't help that the games are weighted in the Ace's favour too, a lot of playing on the open 'paintball' areas where the advantage you have on being able to sneak up on them is destroyed. I also feel the same way about Recon as you , nice guys especially Phil if you know him (more into the WW2 stuff which is always good!). Sometimes the Aces seem alright but the number of complaints against them really is astounding.
    Ha we were on the same team, I came up with a small division of SWWGs crew. From what I have heard the guys with the land rovers (think he was called chris) are running it next year, funnily the smoking arses havent been invited.
    Its just strange how it goes from one extreme to the other, I had an absolutely amazing day today at SWWGs new CQB site (its a RMC style skillshouse), it had some amazing sportsmanship all day.

Leave a comment:

• GhostDivisionAirsoft
    replied

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
    My last weekender I did, not only was it all paint ball games but so heavily stacked against the away team (us) it was impossible to play for a win. However it gets even better.

THE SMOKING ACES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ill type that nice and bold for you, guys if you come across those guys, avoid, I wont go into details but these guys are the pinnical of 'elitest snob', the fact they ran very very hot systemas for some of the day, that was proved by someone else who had a ballistic shield on his land rover grill that was tested to 480fps at point blank, but at 40m 5 rounds got put through it and destroyed the radiator.
    I was rocking a CTW (with systema components) running at 350fps on .20s and couldnt touch these guys on range or sheer sting, I had bruises through a softshell jacket with a t-shirt and base layer underneath, this same jacket has sustained hits from 10 meters from a 500fps bolt action and I barely felt a thing.
    Funnily enough the SMOKING ACES also refused to take hits.

The flip side is Bristol Recon, fantastic guys, really friendly and very good airsofters. Im sure if one of those guys sees this they will vouch.
    I'd guess that was the UA weekender at Luslgate, I was there too, sadly on the side of the greens, outnumbered and outgunned all day by the Aces and co. One of the worst weekends airsofting for me and I'm sure you felt the same. It didn't help that the games are weighted in the Ace's favour too, a lot of playing on the open 'paintball' areas where the advantage you have on being able to sneak up on them is destroyed. I also feel the same way about Recon as you , nice guys especially Phil if you know him (more into the WW2 stuff which is always good!). Sometimes the Aces seem alright but the number of complaints against them really is astounding.

Leave a comment:

• Rimms
    replied

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
    THE SMOKING ACES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Im afraid i can back this up, they had Thornbury as their "homesite" and they are as bad if not worse then what Sean said (he was being polite)
    I refuse to play any game they are involved in and know many others who feel the same

Leave a comment:

• Balls13
    replied

You have the patience and willpower of a saint because my RIF would have been dirt bound and hand to nose combat would have taken place childish and immature as it sound that Fecker would have NO CHOICE but to take his hits! sorry if i offend anyone but a person can only take so much and i have no tolerence for twats even on Black ops. Thankfuly all my games have been nothing but enjoyable!

Leave a comment:

• seansamurai1
    replied

My last weekender I did, not only was it all paint ball games but so heavily stacked against the away team (us) it was impossible to play for a win. However it gets even better.

THE SMOKING ACES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ill type that nice and bold for you, guys if you come across those guys, avoid, I wont go into details but these guys are the pinnical of 'elitest snob', the fact they ran very very hot systemas for some of the day, that was proved by someone else who had a ballistic shield on his land rover grill that was tested to 480fps at point blank, but at 40m 5 rounds got put through it and destroyed the radiator.
    I was rocking a CTW (with systema components) running at 350fps on .20s and couldnt touch these guys on range or sheer sting, I had bruises through a softshell jacket with a t-shirt and base layer underneath, this same jacket has sustained hits from 10 meters from a 500fps bolt action and I barely felt a thing.
    Funnily enough the SMOKING ACES also refused to take hits.

The flip side is Bristol Recon, fantastic guys, really friendly and very good airsofters. Im sure if one of those guys sees this they will vouch.

Leave a comment:

• Hellfish
    replied

We all have to understand that Airsoft attracts a couple of different sort of person/player

Player 1) Is a mature(ish!), resonsible(ish!) adult (Or Young person) who has respect for his fellow human beings, and realizes that everyone has paid a sum of their hard earned cash to play at the site and just wants to have a good, honest days play....no cheating, no tale telling, no threats of violence just because they got pinged, and no overkill

Player 2) A childish (Some of them actually ARE children TBH!), snivelling jumped up arsehole who just because he has a RIF in his hands thinks he's the living embodiment of Ares: God of War, who takes great pleasure in inflicting pain and suffering on everyone he manages to shoot, and when people shoot him fairly or bollock him when they are on the wrong end of his overkilland then he either whines and moans or get overly aggressive and threatens to tear you a new A-hole.

Not had too many run ins with Player 2 in the 4 years I've been playing Airsoft but I think that I must be very very lucky...I generally play at sites run by the same company so the core players and pretty good, but still knowing that players like that are around is an annoyance.....

: D

Leave a comment:

• Tomm
    replied

can we have last stand on this map?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Grounded_Pilot View Post
    Mine is not the worst by any account, at least it means I have a generally good sportsmanship airsoft group.

Anyway. I was stalking a target with my boltie, which had limited range and low fps...
    just as I got a clear shot through the trees at this guy, he spun around and peppered my position for roughly 10 seconds.
    We have a "3 second burst" rule... so he clearly disobeyed that one! And after 10-12 seconds, the hi-cap hero FINALLY managed to land a hit on me... despite us both being able to hear the site owner shouting "3 SECONDS!!!".... "3 SECOND BURST!!" across the site.

And to really pi$$ me off, he shouted "Yeah! Die you little C---!!!" I had a right mind to use my wooden furniture and give my Dragunov the 'roughed up' look right there and then.

Oh well. that's been my only case of bad sportsmanship- needless to say he didn't return!
    ive gotta stop strokeing that troll on your sig i do it every bloody time. :')

Leave a comment:

• Grounded_Pilot
    replied

Mine is not the worst by any account, at least it means I have a generally good sportsmanship airsoft group.

Anyway. I was stalking a target with my boltie, which had limited range and low fps...
    just as I got a clear shot through the trees at this guy, he spun around and peppered my position for roughly 10 seconds.
    We have a "3 second burst" rule... so he clearly disobeyed that one! And after 10-12 seconds, the hi-cap hero FINALLY managed to land a hit on me... despite us both being able to hear the site owner shouting "3 SECONDS!!!".... "3 SECOND BURST!!" across the site.

And to really pi$$ me off, he shouted "Yeah! Die you little C---!!!" I had a right mind to use my wooden furniture and give my Dragunov the 'roughed up' look right there and then.

Oh well. that's been my only case of bad sportsmanship- needless to say he didn't return!

Leave a comment:

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
X