Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: under 18s

Originally posted by ARES View Post
    after reading a certain thread maybe there should be a under 18s section for buying and disscussion to stop them buying rifs and with only two tones.or is this not possible only because we should be able to keep people coming into airsoft what ever the age.

Your missing the point.

You have to be OVER 18 to buy either twotones or rifs.

Stupid thread.

Comment

yeh i know - im making other ideas
      sigpic

Comment

well I certainly think having the gear and kit and accessories section is a good start for under 18s. Theres no act to stop them buying that, and atm its block off anyway.

Comment

They should be allowed to buy kit I genuinely believe that, just no guns. The law don't state anything about tac gear, and I for one. Loved owning tactical kit when I was alot years younger as I thought I was well cool, and I still do haha.

But beat around it as much as you like lads, you'll never again legally buy a gun until your 18 and a registered skirmisher, sorry but rules are rules. Just like adults in a rush, we have to stop at red traffic lights and slow down infront of speed cameras, things like this is just a part of the annoying phase of growing up. Theres rules in place because other people can't be trusted with rifs, not saying it's under 18's. To be fair, if anyones going to stick a p226 in a pensioners face there likely to be betwen 18-25 years old!!!

But still, regardless of what's said or done, I for once in my life thoroughly give my full support to the mods in stopping every user I find underage from buying guns and i'm going to be alot more vigilant in who I sell to also and advise my friends to do the same.

Anthony.

Comment

Well if the majority of members accepted paypal which im sure do then usually if its an under 18 were to pay or a RIF whenever i see a bloke messeging me about a gun and there paypal turns up as a woman (eg. Fredrik von whissel wants to buy my M15A4 and sends me paypal under the name sally hawkins) I find its down to two things (disregarding the surnames i put as they were for my own sad amusement :] ) Either its a 16 year olds paypal who has just got his first debit card, OR someones parent in which case dependent on wether the gun is a RIF or IF ll ask for verification or if its an IF the money coming to ME is from the parent technically so surely reprocussions on from that would resolve on the buyers side no?

Sam
            Originally Posted by balaclava ben
            i like to fill those cracks with the good old white stuff
            sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately a 18+ ( thats what it would have to be) Guns sub forum has very similar issues as the scamers problem... proof. To have a section like this would mean every person over 18 and able to buy IF's, would have to prove that they are who they say they are, their age and possible even their address, and then prove it again if and when they have UKARA/Skirmish defence. Which on a free forum is pretty much impossible to implement ( no access to the information / Privacy Laws ).

They best tool we have for preventing sales to the under age and those without a defence, is you the Sellers. However as it has been seen there are sellers who will not bother to check or are willing to ignore the fact just to sell the item.

Comment

Originally posted by ARES View Post
                after reading a certain thread maybe there should be a under 18s section for buying and disscussion to stop them buying rifs and with only two tones.or is this not possible only because we should be able to keep people coming into airsoft what ever the age.
                You've been drinking again!! No one under the age of 18 can buy an airsoft weapon full stop. People over 18 have to prove they are regular skirmishers in order to have a gun that is black and not snot green.

Is there anyway to just stop under 18's seeing the guns for sale section but still allowing them to see the Spares, Accesories and Gear sections?

If they want to buy a gun in bits and assembly it themselves then they will whatever, just like someone with no defence would be able to do the same. As for grenade launchers I'm not sure if they are classified as a RIF or not (either way you would look a knob trying to hold up a Post Office with it) and 99% of the public wouldn't know what it was anyway.
                JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Originally posted by Sci Fi Steve View Post
                  However as it has been seen there are sellers who will not bother to check or are willing to ignore the fact just to sell the item.
                  Herein lies the real problem. It's down to the individual seller to ensure their sale is completely legal.

I had thought that giving IF's as a gift (ie from parent to child with no change of money) was technically legal? Unless that parent or older sibling were registered where they could give an RIF as a gift?

Comment

I don't think this is completely right as i'm under 18 and browse the forums for two tones or people willing to two tone and then leave it too my parents to purchase and gift it to me as its completely legal, This is in my opinion one of the better site's and locking the younger years away doesn't seem right. And on the point of guns if it can be verified that it is through parents to be gifted then there is no problem, alot of people complain about people showing up with cheap guns and/or cheap tac gear and when I've asked them it all came down to availability to them. Thats all just my opinion and i'm sure i'll get flamed/burn in hell for it.
                    Originally posted by Tiercel
                    I have a feeling this will be about as popular as a Magpul salesman at an AK convention.

Comment

Originally posted by Nadrian View Post
                      ... leave it too my parents to purchase and gift it to me as its completely legal...
                      But is it an actual gift? Or are you giving them money, or something in return? I find it hard to believe your parents buy you an endless string of weapons all year.

...alot of people complain about people showing up with cheap guns and/or cheap tac gear...
                      Never seen or heard anybody ever knock somebody for what kit they own or use.

Comment

I browse and arrange for either a birthday or christmas gift and no money is exchanged or items/services. And on your second point i forgot the brackets (Well in the case of my site) sorry for the confusion
                        I have a feeling this will be about as popular as a Magpul salesman at an AK convention.

Comment

Nadrian, that is STILL not legal. If you give any amount of money to your parents, or do chores for a week, or whatever it is, it's still a method of payment and therefore you can't do it.

Two toned weapons are NOT for people under 18. To be able to buy one you have to be 18+. Which is why I think they are a waste of time/money, if your old enough to buy one, why not wait 2 months longer and get something less sickly?

EDIT:
                          In that case it probably is legal, but I would prefer people getting their parents to do that for them to make their own account on the forum.

Comment

My parent's aren't into airsoft i do the research they purchase the guns i make sure and i check that it's legal, I might want to have my own guns but i don't want to cause any harm to the sport. Although i am getting my step dad to get ukara i know it would still have to be gifted but will no longer need fluorescent guns.

Comment

My parent's aren't into airsoft i do the research they purchase the guns i make sure and i check that it's legal, I might want to have my own guns but i don't want to cause any harm to the sport. Although i am getting my step dad to get ukara i know it would still have to be gifted but will no longer need fluorescent guns.
                              Wouldn't he need to be a regular skirmisher to get UKARA, because that's how i understand it...

Comment

Yes he would have to go to 3 games over 12 month's then i think its a game a year to renew it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ARES Find out more about ARES
                                Working...
                                X