Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: under 18s

Allow me to weigh in my ten cents here.
    I thought stuff like UGLs and 203s were RIFs because they're shooty bits.
    I know that's a very childish explanation for it, but hey.

I think having a seperate area for U18s for kit and the like is a good idea, however I know it would be difficult to enforce, on the basis that someone can easily lie about thier age, I know I did when I was under 18.
    Originally Posted by LtPurcy
    you dont just get handed it, you chase it for 30 miles around dartmoor.
    Originally Posted by spetsnazdave87
    It's like the golden snitch but for hard bastards

Comment

Originally posted by Corporal Carnage View Post
      I think having a seperate area for U18s for kit and the like is a good idea, however I know it would be difficult to enforce, on the basis that someone can easily lie about thier age, I know I did when I was under 18.
      But what's the point in having a seperate forum for kit?! Just block off the rest and leave the kit open to anyone? There's no need to make a sperate section for under 18's kit.

Comment

Originally posted by JMusa View Post
        Like communism!
        But still it may be of use to some people new to the game who need advise or help regarding laws involving 18- year olds

However, that advice is already there. It doesn't need to be in a sub forum. At the end of the day it is up to the seller to confirm legality and any doubt should mean that the sale doesn't go ahead. It is this point that is the failing of the system and not the other way round.

I have UKARA membership and can prove it, but having bought from the forum on a number of occasions I have only been asked for proof on a handful of occasions. The problem being, seeing many posts the seller "assumes" I am legal. Although I know I am, the seller does not. Having a sub forum for under 18's won't help this as it isn't under 18's who are the problem.

For once I find my self agreeing wholeheartedly with Sci Fi. It is us the sellers responsible for keeping it legal.
        Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

I'm struggling to remember, but when we first join this forum, do we get a friendly message saying:
          "Please read the forums rules and regulations before you do anything else"...

In my opinion this original message should be better posted. It should be a popup window that appears each time you log in, until you click close and opt to hide it forever, sorta thing.

I have seen time delays on web boxes too, where you can minimise or cancel but NOT ACCEPT web boxes until a certain time limit has been reached.

so you could have "I agree to all the terms and regulations of Zeroin Airsoft Community" with the "ACCEPT" button being unpressable until a certain time limit, i.e. 1-2, possibly 3 mins so gives the user time to actually read the forum rules (which makes up the main body of text) before clicking "I accept".

But I do think this isn't as easy to execute either. People can still ignore/simply wait for the timer to hit zero. But it may give an insentive to read.
          It's an idea...
          sigpic

Comment

an alternative

when you sign in pop up box saying do you accept the terms of agreement and forum rules.
            with links their .

they must click accept to use their account .

then their is no excuse
            sigpic

Comment

There would be no point in an u18 area of the forum, people would just lie about their age and anyway, it is the sellers responsibility to make sure the person they are selling their replica to is buying the gun legally.
              BOOM!

Comment

Have to agree with Buckerrz really.
                VK

Lightweight Assualt Boots for Sale
                Size 7 but fitted me till I was a size ten.
                http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...269#post610269

Comment

Couldn't believe this...

Saw Rampage's post on the other thread stating that Dave had been banned for creating multiple accounts... yada yada.

Well, I've just noticed his activity on UKAZ... New username, but the same guns as listed in his armoury... Here's what I wrote on his sales thread.

So as you're banned from another airsoft forum for attempting to get around the VCRA because you're under the age of 18, you've now moved onto this forum to illegally trade your way into getting new rifles...

Do you not remember what was said... ?

Q: The person I want to sell it to isn't a regular player, but they've offered to swap it for something. Is that OK?
                  A: No! As far as the law is concerned (and there is case law supporting this from many different laws, over decades of trials) swapping anything of value (or doing un-paid work that has some value) for something can be counted as purchasing.

You've also said that you've been asking for them to be two-toned (although holy cow my eyes - there's no mention of that in this thread)... Well guess what > you've got to be 18+ to purchase a 2 tone rifle (and as quoted above, swapping can constitute to a purchase).

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

... This ladies and gentlemen gives under 18s a bad name
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bukkerz View Post
                      It is the sellers responsibility to make sure the person they are selling their replica to is buying the gun legally.
                      More forum users like you please!
                      G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                      RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ARES Find out more about ARES
                      Working...
                      X