Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zeroin back up now?

good to see the theme returning

also all this talk about being attacked? is that really what you thinks going on? who would want to attack airsoft forums

Comment

Possibly all the disgruntled children who keep creating accounts that keep getting banned?
      There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

would disgruntled infants have the mental fortitude to calculate a "dos" attack?

for the record i have no idea what a dos attack is. but i have an idea

Comment

Probably mate, as some of the one's I personally have grassed up to the admin/mod team have the nouse to continually create numerous fake user accounts, as their desire to purchase COD's bestest gun is all-consuming!

These kids are more "Compu-savvy" than the majority of us, as it's all they spend their sad little lives doing. Playing computer games and hacking sites.
          There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

well bamf i cant disagree with you there.

what would be the motive though? seems needless

Comment

Their motive mate, is because they've been banned. As simple as that. It's the "I'll show you.." mentality of the feckless youth our society creates.

That's not to say all under 18's are like that...they aren't.

It's actually a very small minority, but as they're constantly playing games containing violence and computer hacking etc, they begin to see it as the norm. Their underdeveloped psychological state negates the rational train of thought the majority of us adhere to.

In a sport such as ours, it attracts a large volume of "CODsofters" as a good friend of mine recently called it. They Google the guns they see in their games and it leads them here. They try their darndest to purchase the object of their desires and get frustrated at continually meeting a brick wall when members ask for "Proof of age or defence".

That's why they do it.

Comment

you may indeed be onto something there. funnily enough talking about undeveloped socialization. im doing something similer for my dissertation this year.

on a new topic.... its good to see you guys again :D

Comment

If you want any input into the workings of the crminal mind mate, I've got some books here (if I can root them out) if you want them?

I can also give first-hand accounts if you'd like?

Also, glad to see you all!

Comment

Welcome back again Hope to not lose you guys again lol.

Comment

There should be an option somewhere to set the maximum number of connections a user can have to the server. If you haven't messed around with your registry on your computer it will have a small number for the maximum number of connections to a server. However there are many ways to increase this number. So setting a small number for maximum connections allowed could possibly help the server somewhat. If i can remember what needs to be done to do this i'll P.M Rampage or one of the other Admins.

Google came to the rescue. Have a quick browse over this and see if it helps http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/...resources.html

Comment

Thanks and good work to the guys involved in getting the forum back online. I know first hand how much work, effort, time and frustration goes into getting this kind of thing done, I appreciate it!

Comment

Hooray! I can regain the lack of respect from fellow members at my local site for my ridiculous post count!

Comment

Originally posted by fat_dog View Post
                            6.5gig
                            Not sure if the facility to create Views is in MySql (I'm a MSSQL man myself) but it may be something worth looking into to speed up recovery of non editable data?

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                            Hooray! I can regain the lack of respect from fellow members at my local site for my ridiculous post count!
                            We all know that it is like XBox Live Gamerscore, a virtual representation of the size of your penis!
                            King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                            www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cool-breeze87 Find out more about cool-breeze87
                            Working...
                            X