Upping prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upping prices?

I've recently seen a spate of people advertising their items at a certain price and then suddenly making new threads and upping the price, this has mainly happened with BFG's and I know it's one of those things which at the moment is very "up in the air" however I personally feel it's absolutely disgusting and the people that do it are an utter disgrace. You know who you are folks, anyway my point is this, would it be considered "Fair" for the people who had offered to buy the items at their initial value to leave negative feedback against the seller if they decided to raise the price? I'd say it would be perfectly reasonable, and quite frankly i'd love to see some of the people that have been doing it getting a ton of negative feedback so they'll either think about the price they want before advertising their items, or honour the price when someone wants to buy it, or even have the dignity to remove the item from sale for a reasonable period of time before re-advertising it.

/rant, sorry these people just wind me up even though i've not had to deal with them just seeing it happening enrages me.

Re: Upping prices?

no.

not unless the sale is agreed (and under law a contract therefore exists).

anyone's allowed to set thier prices as they want, the price of a BFG has risen sharply of late and thats something you have to deal with when you go to buy one.
    KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
    mix'n'match M4
    Maruzen P99

Comment

hows it unfair at all, say i was selling my kitted out gun for £150, because i thought it was worth that thread, someone says hey you could probably sell that for £300considering what you've done to it. What you fail to take into account is that the person is selling something for less than what its worth, and adjusting their price according to the market, i assume you have no experience in business then, as this is commonplace in firms, im sure you don't complain about people dropping their prices at all? don't see how you can find this disgusting whatsoever and seems a pretty immature approach to it.

Comment

Unfortunately people can sell something for whatever price they choose. It might not sell but if it does then they have made a lot of money.

Comment

Originally posted by cool-breeze87 View Post
          Unfortunately people can sell something for whatever price they choose. It might not sell but if it does then they have made a lot of money.
          if they agree to sell for a price,then change their minds and up the price then thats worthy of a neg.
          in nothings been agreed and they decide to change the price then thats the sellers call and does not warrant a neg feedback

i sold a gun on here and after agreeing a price with a buyer,i realised it was worth more,but id already agreed to somthing so i stuck to my word.
          if i had found out before anyone cantacted me that it was worth more then i may have upped the price.
          sigpic
          Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
          Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

Originally posted by magslap View Post
            if they agree to sell for a price,then change their minds and up the price then thats worthy of a neg.
            in nothings been agreed and they decide to change the price then thats the sellers call and does not warrant a neg feedback

i sold a gun on here and after agreeing a price with a buyer,i realised it was worth more,but id already agreed to somthing so i stuck to my word.
            if i had found out before anyone cantacted me that it was worth more then i may have upped the price.
            Yeah if a deal has been made upping the price then would be a totally disgusting thing to do. But upping a price before a deal has been done is something that you can do if you want, although it might hurt your chances of it selling.

Comment

exactly. once the deal is agreed, maybe I'm wrong, but you have the right to insist that it go ahead - offer & acceptance having taken place.

if the circumstance however is this:

I post up item
              I realise I could get more and repost item for 1.5 times the original price
              you offer original price

of course I'm within my rights to say no thanks, I'v recinded my offer and made a new one surely?
              KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
              mix'n'match M4
              Maruzen P99

Comment

You have the right but if you haven't changed the price on the original thread yet then it is a bit unfair.

Comment

It's not a case of "so and so told me it's worth more" it's a case of as one seller has put it "due to having 15 people pm me wanting to buy it i'm upping my price" not being funny but that's totally dishonourable... i'm unaffected by this as i find having a BFG and impact grenade is enough for me personally and haven't even attempted to buy any more, i just think in a game of honour and especially on a forum where you're not buying face to face or from a "reputable buyer" these aren't the type of people that i'd want around.

Comment

that sounds awefully like a capitalist economic system to me? supply and demand ...
                    KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
                    mix'n'match M4
                    Maruzen P99

Comment

I don't understand why so many are complaining about this. I haven't done it and I don't have a problem with it.

Its their property, they can sell it for the price they want. If you think its sky high for what it is walk by and source another like you would on the high street.

Apparently BFG's have been discontinued and there's still a demand for them, it's obvious the price is going to go up, just like any other item on this planet. If someone realizes they'd stopped being made after they put up there sale thread then why not take it down and put up a new one at a higher price.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiberoptikz View Post
                        It's not a case of "so and so told me it's worth more" it's a case of as one seller has put it "due to having 15 people pm me wanting to buy it i'm upping my price" not being funny but that's totally dishonourable... i'm unaffected by this as i find having a BFG and impact grenade is enough for me personally and haven't even attempted to buy any more, i just think in a game of honour and especially on a forum where you're not buying face to face or from a "reputable buyer" these aren't the type of people that i'd want around.
                        Yeah that's a totally different story and I agree with you on that, although I would have used harsher language. I made an offer and was ignored so anyone who doesn't reply to offers even if it's a no thanks are not the kinds of people I would be interested in dealing with.

Comment

Doubt you will be willing to take it this far, but really in most cases you are legally required to sell at the price stated if you have make a universal offer, and to the first person to accept at that!

Price rising also is essentially an auction, which is against forum rules.

Finally, if you are a seller you set the price. Do some research first maybe?! You'd be annoyed if you went Tesco, picked up all your items only to be told at the checkout its more than advertised because of popular demand.

Comment

sorry but this is a pointless thread.

Sellers can set the prices completely as they wish, they are not making a legal offer for that price at all.

It's the buyer who offers to buy at the price suggested. They are the ones making the offer, not the seller.

Argos was selling a scooter at 18.99 but soon changed to 89.99 because of an error.

As expected people winged and lost at court.

If circumstance changed then sure, why not up the price? I certainly would!

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                              Doubt you will be willing to take it this far, but really in most cases you are legally required to sell at the price stated if you have make a universal offer, and to the first person to accept at that!
                              When's a universal offer and invitation to treat and visa-versa?
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fiberoptikz Find out more about Fiberoptikz
                              Working...
                              X