Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Upping prices?

Originally posted by Fiberoptikz View Post
    If you're not going to dictate to people if they can or can't do it then why bother to dictate to people if they need to put a price or not, would you still allow it if say a user put up his item which he feels is worth £200 for "starting price £90 and we'll see what the demand is like, i'll update it every 3 days with the highest bid" because by allowing this to go on you're basically saying you would condone that kind of post.
    i think people would just avoid it.by doing that you would cut down the amount of potential buyers.
    sigpic
    Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
    Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

Originally posted by cool-breeze87 View Post
      It's the equivilent of Tescos saying "right we're going to put the price of milk up to £10 a bottle because a lot of people buy that product."
      Your milk is being sold at the HIGHEST POSSIBLE price they can charge without the people saying to their self "lets go to the other store" or "I suppose I can do without"... or just low enough for you to think "I rather go to Tesco to buy it than to the other store" even thou the other store might be nicer/nearer.

If Tesco was the only store selling milk, their prices would be a lot more expensive, or if there was a milk shortage for that sake.

An objects value is how much someone is only how much it is worth to the buyer. If you have 10 people wanting to buy the same litre of milk, the buyers are competing to please the seller so the price goes up.
      If you got 10 different people selling milk and 1 person wanting to buy, now it is the sellers competing to please their costumers, the price goes down.
      Then of course the house have a personal value to the seller "If I don't get at least this price, I rather keep the milk".

Simple.
      my toygun is better than your toygun

wtb: kwa atp auto, kwa atp ptp

Comment

when i sell stuff, it goes up at a price, then once someone gets back to me ill sell itto the buyer. first come first served, i dont con people, srewing people on a deal will just backfire.

Comment

Originally posted by two_zero View Post
          Your milk is being sold at the HIGHEST POSSIBLE price they can charge without the people saying to their self "lets go to the other store" or "I suppose I can do without"... or just low enough for you to think "I rather go to Tesco to buy it than to the other store" even thou the other store might be nicer/nearer.

If Tesco was the only store selling milk, their prices would be a lot more expensive, or if there was a milk shortage for that sake.

An objects value is how much someone is only how much it is worth to the buyer. If you have 10 people wanting to buy the same litre of milk, the buyers are competing to please the seller so the price goes up.
          If you got 10 different people selling milk and 1 person wanting to buy, now it is the sellers competing to please their costumers, the price goes down.
          Then of course the house have a personal value to the seller "If I don't get at least this price, I rather keep the milk".

Simple.
          Exactly.

I lived less than a mile from the oil refinery which supplies Tesco petrol stations in this area. One day I followed a Tesco tanker from the refinery a Tesco store where they stopped to make a delivery. To get there, they travelled about 10 miles and had to cross a toll bridge.

The garage they delivered to is consistently 3-5p per litre cheaper than the one less than 2 miles from the refinery and on the same side as the bridge.

Why? Simple, there's only one superstore selling fuel in this town but over the bridge there's two.

It's very simple supply and demand.

Putting the price up when people realise that there's lots of demand is exactly what shops do. There's an equation for working out just how high you can push a price and you're taught it as one of the first lessons in economics.

The problem here is that people think a seller on a forum should obey some unwritten rule to do it the way they would if it was their item. The seller can do whatever they want within the forum rules and that means they can end the thread and put a new one up at a higher price if they realise they've under-priced. Do people expect someone to sell something they've made an error in pricing at too low a figure?

Is it legal? - Yes.
          Is it within the forum rules? - Yes.
          Is it fair? - That's the questionable one.
          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fiberoptikz Find out more about Fiberoptikz
          Working...
          X