Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A pay to remove ads would work, works on apps on windows mobile. Hit everyone for a quid rather than a fiver and you'll keep the members you want to keep, charge a fiver and you will have no users left.
    Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express
    King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
    https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Re: Now this is just ridiculous

I dont have any problems with the advertising

But is it necessary to have that big box come up on people post to remind them that zero one repair guns (like the one in crasstoe's post) At the expense of squashing everyone's post over to the left,ballsing up paragraphs

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
        Why does what I do for a job have ANYTHING to do with it?
        Because your singing the praises of the forum/shop as it is, reason being you would do because the mag you work for is also gaining advertising from it, whilst it completely goes against what we as users arent allowed to do on the forum in regards to mentioning retailers and stuff.

My point being mainly that if it wereny for the users that contribute such as ourselves, this forum wouldnt be half of what it is, and full of "what am bestest gun" threads and adverts. Maybe listening to the users is the best step to take and actually if the majority dont like something, then scale it down or loose it.

I would pay a fee for one, not extortionate but i would, but only in return for freedom on the forum we make what it is.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew March View Post
          if you really are pissed about the ads there are ways around adverts.
          Just don't post them, or they'll get deleted and you'll receive a PM!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
            Because your singing the praises of the forum/shop as it is, reason being you would do because the mag you work for is also gaining advertising from it, whilst it completely goes against what we as users arent allowed to do on the forum in regards to mentioning retailers and stuff.

My point being mainly that if it wereny for the users that contribute such as ourselves, this forum wouldnt be half of what it is, and full of "what am bestest gun" threads and adverts. Maybe listening to the users is the best step to take and actually if the majority dont like something, then scale it down or loose it.

I would pay a fee for one, not extortionate but i would, but only in return for freedom on the forum we make what it is.
            I'm not telling anyone where else to buy Ai at all, I'm not mentioning any of the huge amount of other stores that sell Ai. When I'm not posting from the perspective of a user, just like you, I'm providing a customer service first and foremost, a bit like if there was a representative on here from TM or G&P.

It makes sense for me to be here in that respect, because if questions do come up, you can go straight to the source which in my eyes improves the forum.

It still stands, and nobody acknowledges it, that it would be utterly outrageous of Zero-In to create a forum that promotes competitors MORE than themselves. I don't understand why it's so difficult to comprehend, it'd be like selling Audi advertising space in a BMW showroom...

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
              It still stands, and nobody acknowledges it, that it would be utterly outrageous of Zero-In to create a forum that promotes competitors MORE than themselves. I don't understand why it's so difficult to comprehend, it'd be like selling Audi advertising space in a BMW showroom...
              Thank you, thank you, thank you! The ZI Bashing in general has to stop and a bit of clarity is needed in some of the members on here that fail to understand the above.

Comment

No it wouldnt, because any good businessman welcomes competition and fights it off, zero one pretend its not there, and act like they spend thousands of pounds on a server for us to enjoy, when in fact its hardly anything at all. I respect their rules so i abide by them but this advert thing is abit much in my eyes. BEN this isnt a personal thing but it makes me laugh how theu just contradict theirselves all the time and the AI mags sect has proven this further, advertising intended or not. The same way when we mention other retailers, were are not intentionally advertising them as per say, but mentioning their names does so. Saneway in what your mag section does.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
                  No it wouldnt, because any good businessman welcomes competition and fights it off,
                  Say what?? If BMW, Burger King, Coca Cola had no competition they could charge what they like at any price and any way they want, what actual business man wouldnt want that???

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GrammarNazi75 Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Find out more about GrammarNazi75
                  Working...
                  X