X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "imitating" soldiers

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
    What about the likes of regiments that no longer exist as a part of a WW2 loadout?
    eg WW2 South Staffords.
    My information suggests that the South Staffords no longer exists as a separate regiment, having been amalgamated in the 1950s.

WRT Berets: WW2 S Staffs would have had maroon berets as they were airborne troops (gliders) - at that time, jump qualification was not a requirement.
    As i'm sure you're well aware, we also do 2nd South Staffords at public reenactment shows, and as ww2 vets of the unit don't have a problem with us, and neither does the regimental museum (who have been very helpful!), then i don't see it being an issue anywhere else. As you mention, they no longer exist as a regiment.

Comment

Old yes, forgotten never.
      The nomad only goes from point to point as a consequence and as a factual necessity: in principle, points for him are relays along a trajectory.” (Nomadology: The War Machine)

Comment

Originally posted by jfox61 View Post
        left in Nov 84 to get married bought myself out and was the biggest mistake i have ever made in my life
        thanks alot dad that fills me with soooooo much confidance to hear you say that i was one of the biggest mistakes in your life .... lol ... TW*T ... I`ll shoot you when you next come to THE MALL.

p.s .... born in 83 remember ..i.,
        Life is my Master, Death my only Mistress

Comment

Ok apart from my Son!! (I get into The Mall for free).
          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Ok apart from my Son!! (I get into The Mall for free).
            OAPs discount? :P
            Good evening... Infidelllll!

Comment

Somebodies going to get shot from 2ft range, now wheres me specs?
              Feedback link

Comment

Somebodies going to get shot from 2ft range, now wheres me specs?
                Ha! Bloody Engineers!

Can you see that far? eye sight depleats with age I heard.

Comment

You mean deplete (Engineers can spell) Ubique= everywhere, first in last out. And I have a big white walking stick to aid me
                  Feedback link

Comment

You mean deplete (Engineers can spell) Ubique= everywhere, first in last out. And I have a big white walking stick to aid me
                    HAHA! I'm gonna nick your white stick and eat your guide dog!

Engineers are just all over the place!

Comment

As the other vet here, eyesight may be lacking but that's why god gave us acogs and lazers. Watch your six, lol....
                      The nomad only goes from point to point as a consequence and as a factual necessity: in principle, points for him are relays along a trajectory.” (Nomadology: The War Machine)

Comment

Yeah he is certainly building up a hit squad against us pensioners lol
                        Feedback link

Comment

We is watching you!!

Comment

Ha! I can see it now... The younger generation squared off against the old gits (who have forgotten where their dentures and slippers are!

Mwahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Melchett View Post
                              Ha! I can see it now... The younger generation squared off against the old gits (who have forgotten where their dentures and slippers are!

Mwahaha!
                              Its ok, I've got to remind one person that he's having flashbacks and its not NI / Dhofar in the 70's, its even worse if he can borrow an SLR... now where is that ahh,,, here you go:

wealthy old lady decides to go on a photo safari in Africa, taking her faithful aged poodle named Cuddles, along for the company.

One day the poodle starts chasing butterflies and before long, Cuddles discovers that he's lost. Wandering about, he notices a leopard heading rapidly in his direction with the intention of having lunch.

The old poodle thinks, 'Oh, oh! I'm in deep doo-doo now!' Noticing some bones on the ground close by, he immediately settles down to chew on the bones with his back to the approaching cat. Just as the leopard is about to leap the old poodle exclaims loudly, 'Boy, that was one delicious leopard! I wonder if there are any more around here?'

Hearing this, the young leopard halts his attack in mid-strike, a look of terror comes over him and he slinks away into the trees. 'Whew!' says the leopard, 'That was close! That old poodle nearly had me!'

Meanwhile, a monkey who had been watching the whole scene from a nearby tree, figures he can put this knowledge to good use and trade it for protection from the leopard. So off he goes, but the old poodle sees him heading after the leopard with great speed, and figures that something must be up. The monkey soon catches up with the leopard, spills the beans and strikes a deal for himself with the leopard.

The young leopard is furious at being made a fool of and says, 'Here, monkey, hop on my back and see what's going to happen to that conniving canine!

Now, the old poodle sees the leopard coming with the monkey on his back and thinks, 'What am I going to do now?', but instead of running, the dog sits down with his back to his attackers, pretending he hasn't seen them yet, and just when they get close enough to hear, the old poodle says.

'Where's that damn monkey? I sent him off an hour ago to bring me another leopard!

Moral of this story....

Don't mess with old farts .. age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.
                              Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

and I am full of it lol
                                Feedback link

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sk8inmadkid Find out more about sk8inmadkid
                                Working...
                                X