• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voodooTheMarshmallow
    replied
    Re: Skirmish Wear - How do you do it?

my heaviest is normally
    ciras , helmet , comms, m4+203 , 3+1 203 shells 6 lowcaps bdu's , miscellaneous items , smokes ect
    my lightest
    t shirt , trousers lbt 1964band a

Leave a comment:

• gibo
    replied

i do both light and simple and plate carrier with battle belt

Leave a comment:

• BALBOSA
    replied

Originally posted by Plasma View Post
    Voted 'other' as most of the time i go around with my Warrior ricas fully loaded with about 100 mags and 2 months worth of kit. but now and then i get bored, dump it all in the middle of the field and go off wit my weapon and a spare mag in my pocket.
    i do that too bit silly really as i dump shed loads of expensive kit in the mud and hope its there when i come back =/ shame theres no lockable boxes or something on the playing field. (i know thats asking allot)

Leave a comment:

• exploadingkitten
    replied

it all depends what your loadout is
    for my aeg i use a plate carrier with side arm
    if im using my sniper then i use a sniper belt with drop leg holster and possibly a back up rifle on my back maybe a gbbr with a few mags

Leave a comment:

• crasstoe
    replied

Everything I need to last 1 day out

Leave a comment:

• Patrolpointman
    replied

Jeans or 5.11 trousers and t-shirt/shirt.

Tactical Tailor MAV with X-Harness, 2 triple 5.55mm pouches, frag pouch, small utility pouch and radio pouch.

Fobus double pistol mag holder and a Serpa, both on paddles for my Glock 17.

Soon to be acquiring a holster that will fit my Glock and a streamlight TLR-1.

I find this set up is plenty enough for me but if I'm at a milsim, I'll chuck on a small cargo pack with my platypus in it to carry extra ammo and skittles.

Leave a comment:

• STLI_Daniel
    replied

If it's a regular Skirmish day: DPM camo, shirt / smock / assault jacket depending on the weather, DPM assault vest, job done.

Regular FilmSim: Full DPM, assault vest, camel-back plus PRC-349 and maybe a Mk6 helmet.

Cold War FilmSim: Full 58 pattern gear, webbing, Mk5 helmet and NBC gear if required.

All sets come with boost bars.

Leave a comment:

• tirabbi
    replied
    I wear a set of multicam acu's, or multicam acu pants with multicam ubacs shirt. Patrol cap & my old jump boots. My long on single point sling & my short in a custom thigh rig.
    Battle belt with 6 primary mags plus a drum mag for those protracted engagements. 4 secondary mags, first aid pouch for multi-tool, mars bar, batteries & speed loader. Water bottle carrier for my large compressible bottle of bb's, dump pouch & an accessory pouch for pyros & spare bag of bb's. Last but not least a hydration pack.
    Not too heavy, enough for a day, easy to move about in & all low profile so minimal snag on undergrowth or building debris!

Leave a comment:

• Kensai
    replied

I wear a cheap flecktarn BDU. For skirmishes no longer than a couple of hours I use a simple Begadi M16 rig like this:

I take five primary mags for my primary, one in the gun, four in my rig. I try to use only mid-caps as high caps piss me of no end with their jamming and rattling. I used to use a Begadi TYR but I found even that cumbersome.

For all day games I use a Russian Grad-2 assault vest and take nine mags with me (eight in the rig, one in the gun), again all mid-caps.

Leave a comment:

• Millzy
    replied

Originally posted by Utrinque Paratus View Post
    Hello, after I was wondering what kind of gear do you wear for a bog standard skirmish. I like to keep it light and simple, I cannot understand the point of running around in a 1 hour game, with 25 magazines, tac lights, helmets, 2 pistols, it confounds me (yes, I know that isn't proper english :p). Not saying it's wrong mind, just that I find it odd. If you run a look like this, would you mind explaining why to me?

Cheers! UP.

Edit: I am not saying this is the wrong way to do it!!! I'm just curious.
    You saw how I was kitted out at Norwich bud. As little clag as humanly possible!
    Low profile, snug assault vest carrying 6 mags, one assault rifle, on pistol in thigh rig, BOOM!

Leave a comment:

• tubzza
    replied
    Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
    Dpm cheese wire thong for the interested parties
    Do you do private shows?

Leave a comment:

• S3V3R
    replied

I have two kit set ups at the moment.

I have a full kit OD RICAS 7.62x51mm set up with assault pack.
    It has 4 7.62x51mm puches, radio pouch, admin pouch, assault pack, large zip pouch, small zip pouch, dump pouch and pistol holster
    This is mainly for your standard british day and for small games as the full kit is qutie heavy when loaded.

I also have a summer set up with is a PLB belt that holds the bare essentials. Has holster, dump pouch, radio pouch, large zip pouch and 2 7.62x51mm pouches.

I havent bothered buying two seperate load outs. the parts I need from one load onto the other as I wont need to wear a winter and summer set up similtaneously

Leave a comment:

• JOE90
    replied

Dpm cheese wire thong for the interested parties

Leave a comment:

• Wingmann
    replied

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
    THONG
    Colour?