This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pictures Of Your Gear

Like i said on my last post im interested in doing a milsim they look awesome and i feel i will learn abit more from doing one what sort of things do you need to know/have is there a strict dress code and if so cant you do it at all if you dont have the correct colour/loadout?

Ash
    Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

• I'd say it doesn't need to be 100% accurate, the kit requirements are flexible up to a point. Playing as OpFor means you can be really loose with what you wear as well. I'd certainly recommend milsim events to anyone, but be prepared to get by on little sleep, playing AS A TEAM and taking orders, and really learn to play with midcaps! As anything - you get out what you put in
      "Someone please get this muppet some skills!"

Comment

dont really want to play opfour as i would expect there is a little less tactics? i use mid caps and have used low caps i feel im fairly disciplined with the trigger and shoot when i know i can hit something don't have problem taking orders either sounds like my cup of tea then
        Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

• That's my experience playing as OpFor - it plays a bit 'looser'. Look at some of the pics from milsim events and I bet they'll give you a good idea of what kit you need to acquire
          "Someone please get this muppet some skills!"

Comment

Here's my SAS inspired loadout, very happy with it actually!

Comment

Just a question, shouldn't those dropleg panels be a lot higher? in this case you might get stuck when kneeling and getting up again, and your knee catching it.....just a little tip.

Comment

Probably having the same problem as i do with drop legs for that reason i hate them with a passion!

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch1 View Post
                  Just a question, shouldn't those dropleg panels be a lot higher? in this case you might get stuck when kneeling and getting up again, and your knee catching it.....just a little tip.
                  Yeah I hadn't adjusted all the straps to be honest and considering the hangover I had I started doing it, got distracted by running to the toilet so thought it best to just deal with it, lol.

Will get them all adjusted for the next game, though

Comment

Originally posted by original poster View Post
                    Yeah I hadn't adjusted all the straps to be honest and considering the hangover I had I started doing it, got distracted by running to the toilet so thought it best to just deal with it, lol.

Will get them all adjusted for the next game, though
                    That is why I said it, speaking from first hand experience.....did a real tactical neckbreaking manoeuvre by forgetting to adjust them.....dislocated kneecap, not from the dropleg, but from tripping on it and hitting a concrete step LOL

Comment

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350931724.969110.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Withard View Post
                        Had a look at that vid actually! caught my buddy medic'ing whoever owned the camera which was quite cool, was good playing with your team Rik.

As Sam said certainly the best milsim I've been to so far, pace of the game and level of realism were pretty much perfect, and I got my own fireteam :3

Pic from the same event, unfortunately not much kit in view but you get the idea :P shows me pointing my hand about authoritatively anyhow! -

enjoi.

Comment

Nice meeting people.

The subscription and person who filmed was dj2l8b
                          Rik Jones - South Wales Airsoft

Comment

Only pic of the front of my rig.

Comment

It's all been about Crye style trousers for my last couple of procurements. Custom built from scratch (not be me, I literally cannot even sew in a name label) AC/Gen II type Combats in MTP:

The kneepad pockets are reinforced by being constructed using 500D Multicam cordura, and the stretch panels aren't as stretchy as the Crye stuff but they're many many times more resilient. CP Gen 3 kneepads fit and velcro in perfectly. I've spent a lot of time looking in very closely at almost every single stitch and this guys' skills are just amazing, I'd probably say I prefer these overall to the Crye Precision originals I have in Ranger Green.

Check this guy out - http://www.facebook.com/flimmuurtactical

Also a couple of nice bits in AOR1 from OPS:

As skirmish practical combat trousers go, I honestly believe you'd struggle to beat this new '3D Battle' cut they recently released. I do love my Crye uniforms, but these cost less, they're much more readily available and they come in a far wider range of colours and camo patterns.
                              REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Some new additions

KWA LM4 || TM/Guarder G17

Gear freak, lover of helmets and TRMR's

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shadowcaptain Something About Yourself... oh shit i dont think thats what it meant by "write something about yourself"basically i am alex rhodes, the one and only :Pi like to think of myself as just an average guy, with a good sense of humour, and some ace friendsim not big on myself so i will leave the judgements up to you...i just hope they are all goodso there you go...on the most basic of levels that is me___send us a message ____im allways about to answer them and will ALLWAYS REPLY unlike some peopleAlex Rhodes, (aka ShadowCaptain) x Find out more about shadowcaptain
                                Working...
                                X