X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pictures Of Your Gear

Originally posted by Another View Post
    Could someone explain the new fashion of having scissors on your person?
    It harks from the military dude, lots of soldiers carry them for quick access. They're EMT shears, used for cutting heavier duty clothing in a medical emergency. They are very heavy duty when compared to regular scissors and will cut most clothing without any issues. Also have a blunted lower end so they can be used against skin without any risk of puncturing or cutting the person.

Just another one of those ways to complete the authentic "look".
    If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out.

Comment

So unless people have purposely bought a pair of specially blunted heavy duty versions, we've now essentially got people running around with scissors?

Mother would not be happy.
      "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

So unless people have purposely bought a pair of specially blunted heavy duty versions, we've now essentially got people running around with scissors?

Some people just like to live on the edge man.

Comment

Me & the lads at Matlock Combat Games 09/02/13
          (i'm far right with Bizon)
          'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

Bizon looks wicked mate.

Comment

cheers, intended to stick a 407mm barrel in the pbs, but it really doesn't need it, fantastic out of the box. trying to avoid the whole 'most amazing range ever' cliche but its genuinely THAT good! apparently has a H nub as standard & you can tell. lifting .25's out to 50ish meters without even touching the hop.

if you get the chance to pick one up, DO IT!
              'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

Lol, do you tape your mags together for extra reliability too?

Need some knee pads though man, I hate getting wet knees like that. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Smithles View Post
                  Lol, do you tape your mags together for extra reliability too?
                  i would but my mag pouches aren't big enough

but na fortunately we have a marked range at matlock so we can see exactly what we're doing without any guesswork :P but i love it!

in the market for some knee pads, fortunately i wear so many layers my actual knees where bone dry :D

Comment

Originally posted by Smithles View Post
                    Just another one of those ways to complete the authentic "look".
                    Indeed. It seems a bit daft (to me, at least) for the regular airsoft GI Joe to be running around with Tuff Cut scissors on his kit, and no other first aid or medical supplies. I'd be questioning if his motives weren't a bit more nefarious or perverse....

I keep mine in my medic pouch, along with my Mr Men plasters for those ever-common scraped knees and finger boo-boos.
                    Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Skinner4 View Post

Few new bits turned up in the post over the last week so a pic off most of my gear. If you would like a break down of it give us a shout.

Only things you can't see on vest is hydro pouch on back with a small utility attached and a radio pouch.
                      Loving the mars bar

Comment

Plus 10 awesome points if you swapped it out for a Snickers though.

Comment

New loadout, ditched the ddpm and got me some DCUs, not meant to represent any unit just random gear I have been buying lol
                          Need a headset now, but Im not on a team so I dont know :S

I Have a foliage green(grey) softshell also when its cold
                          Please excuse the tired looking face lol

Comment

Originally posted by Skinner4 View Post

Few new bits turned up in the post over the last week so a pic off most of my gear. If you would like a break down of it give us a shout.

Only things you can't see on vest is hydro pouch on back with a small utility attached and a radio pouch.
                            sweet looking gear there man
                            hows the helmet working out??

Comment

Just you wait until the "bolt croppers" craze hits the UK...

Comment

http://contour.com/videos/watch/file0009--1017

Not really the place for it but shows all of our kit. it is also in us section

Vid is from Newts lid cam.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shadowcaptain Something About Yourself... oh shit i dont think thats what it meant by "write something about yourself"basically i am alex rhodes, the one and only :Pi like to think of myself as just an average guy, with a good sense of humour, and some ace friendsim not big on myself so i will leave the judgements up to you...i just hope they are all goodso there you go...on the most basic of levels that is me___send us a message ____im allways about to answer them and will ALLWAYS REPLY unlike some peopleAlex Rhodes, (aka ShadowCaptain) x Find out more about shadowcaptain
                                Working...
                                X