This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pictures Of Your Gear

theres always brit commandos, they were like paras but pretty much wore a beret instead of a helmet

Comment

that sounds better as i have a royal marines beret well my dads old one haha but ye any idea what gun i should have with it its between the thompson ir the sten and tbh i thort id be safer goin with a tompson??

Comment

Originally posted by spetsnazdave87 View Post
        Aww withard do you not let her wear the multicam :p
        lol =) Its the ACU now haha
        Rik Jones - South Wales Airsoft

Comment

thompson barrels snap, alot.

the paras used the sten mkV or mk5 with the wooden stock ( shoot n scoot make one ) and it has an advantage of having more space for a battery!
          if you could save up i'd get a bren

or you could convert an m249 into a bren. im sure thers loads of videos and blogs on doing it

Comment

surely brens cost mucho money

Comment

Wombat why not look at doing an SOE loadout if you're on a budget?

Civvy clothes with a mix of german or british webbing/LBE, wide variety of allied or axis weapons... badass

Comment

didnt the commandos and maybe the paras use thompsons?

Comment

ye they did mate well the commandos did but they found it a pain to use in the dessert and cold conditions becuz of its jamming problems

Comment

They preferred the Sten didnt they?

Comment

didnt the sten jam like hell too?

Comment

I think a lot of em did but they were in much wider use by the airborne than the Thompson

Comment

stens wer on and off as they wer quick builds so each gun was different

Comment

Throught it was time to get a picture up of the Core members of the SZS

Comment

The Thompson (M1928) was the standard issue SMG for all arms until the introduction of the Sten in 1942. The Commandos continued to use the Thompson as they tended to dislike the Sten and had the option to keep them.
                              In North Western Europe the Sten was standard for all other British forces. In other theatres like Italy the Thompson remained in use to keep ammunition commonality with the American forces (ammunition was shipped straight from the US) . MkVs were only issued from 1944 and to airborne troops only so their use is limited.

So basically what gun you buy depends upon what kit, period and theatre you decide. The Sten MkII is probably the safest bet as a Brit but an M1928 (well the cyma look a like) is good for a commando or Africa/Italy impression.

Comment

Glad we're getting back to the pictures! hah

Seadog - Awesome team pic there!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shadowcaptain Something About Yourself... oh shit i dont think thats what it meant by "write something about yourself"basically i am alex rhodes, the one and only :Pi like to think of myself as just an average guy, with a good sense of humour, and some ace friendsim not big on myself so i will leave the judgements up to you...i just hope they are all goodso there you go...on the most basic of levels that is me___send us a message ____im allways about to answer them and will ALLWAYS REPLY unlike some peopleAlex Rhodes, (aka ShadowCaptain) x Find out more about shadowcaptain
                                Working...
                                X