Collapse

Tan Ricas, which woodland to match!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tan Ricas, which woodland to match!?

Originally posted by Blackjack13 View Post
    If you're not built big, get the compact as it will likely be a far superior fit (unless you're wearing a PACA underneath).

The AK mags probably won't fit in the M4 pouches, they're tight enough with their intended as is. I'd recommend buying the set up you want AND the appropriate number of AK pouches, then selling off the M4 ones (they will sell, especially the double NSR ones (I ended up saving money by doing this with my 901)).

And as for camo - US woodland, CLAW SOCOM, CLAW Bushveldt, French, possibly Vegetata.
    Would they be a tight fit even if they were single AK mags in double M4 mag pouches?

I would get the AK pouches as well, but thats another £20 on top of the vest, and that would make it more expensive than the Full Ricas in 7.62 config, and as I have an M4 on the way this weekend, Ill probably keep the M4 pouches anyway! So if possible id like to try and get the set up that will take varying mags in the same pouches. Would this feasibly work?

Comment

I heard from EJTrent when he still 'softed (as I brought his OG M14 and was looking for pouches) that the M14 mags would fit in the DOUBLE M4 pouches, but not the single (and hence open top) ones. Going on that and assuming the AK mags are of a similar size I'm gonna say no to the singles, but yes to the doubles.

As for the new loadout - sounds good, CADPAT is meant to be awesome when the UK is green. Which manufacturer are you using for the CADPAT?

EDIT - Might make it more expensive but you'll have proper dedicated mag pouches... do it... you know you want too...

Comment

Haha. Yes Of course I want to, but having the conscience and money to fund it is the problem :D Ill probably buy it all over time, just perhaps not straight away.

Thats good news about the M14 mags, I was thinking they would fit as theyre a bit shorter than M4 mags anyway.

It does have the bags, so if the Ak mags dont fit they could just be bunged in a utility pouch for the moment!

At the moment im trying to find out whether they actually have any stock of the OD version. It says they do, but the staff misunderstood my query and they dont have any stock of the OD vest on its own!

Dunno if that means they wont be able to stock the set up either though

Comment

They should have the rig set-ups but not the base of the rigs seperately.

I recently ordered my 901 in OD - had every configuration in stock, but not the base platform on its own. I got it without a hitch. I assume that the set ups have to be sold as sets, and not just built up from available pieces.

Comment

Yeah they just emailed me saying they have it in stock. I imagine they dont want to be left with a bunch of pouches that should have been sold off with a vest.

So I will get that ordered tonight/tomorrow night!

Oh and I forgot to say that the Cadpat will be made by Claw Gear. I had seen it in tarnished fleck, but Id like to try and avoid using them again if possible!

Plus the claw gear colurs seemed a much nicer green really. It will be nice to have a matching camo/set loadout!

All this time ive been skirmishing in a black china vest, green hoody, and some primpat!

Which, I have to say, works rather well for what it is!

Comment

The claw gear stuff looks frickin sweet...

Comment

It does! They look like they make good coloured camos all round. They need to pull their finger out and make some surpat though!

Comment

I'm moving house this month, but by god, I'm going to try and get some of those MkII Stalker trousers...

Comment

what pattern? Cadpat?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                    Working...
                    X