LESHY VS Ghillie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LESHY VS Ghillie?

This is an interesting one guys, Mini may well become a Russian sniper judging by what ive seen and a sudden love of a SVD.

But this isnt about the rifle its about concealment

Russians as far as i know use LESHY suits a over suit with leaves on and everyone else Ghillie suits, now i did an experiment today got two pictures one of a LESHY and other a ghillie and timed how long it took me to spot the two suits.

Here are the two pictures

Ghillie this took me 3 minutes and 25 seconds not bad! more than enough time to pick that guy off

LESHY suit - this took me yes no joke 8 minutes 10 seconds

How! this is really intriguing and i am a keen absolute of sniping its ways, techniques, why, etc etc and my lecturer is a ex marine sniper i have also been talking to him about this and he is also baffled.

I may buy one of these, the real deal

Re: LESHY VS Ghillie?

it really depends on where you are to as how good your ghillie/leshy suit works, find the right environment/surroundings and it's a beast, personally i prefer a ghillie but i'll look more into a leshy suit
    Last edited by strettman; 12 February, 2009, 19:26.

Comment

Maybe because picture on is in the middle, in the open. Picture two in to the side and in the undergrowth? lol

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
        Maybe because picture on is in the middle, in the open. Picture two in to the side and in the undergrowth? lol
        and also theirs a branch right in the way that makes it harder to see him in pic 2

Comment

I'm sure I've taken longer on a where's Wally. Does that mean bright white and red stripy suits and silly hats are the best camo?
          sigpic
          Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
          I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

I think it's very possible you right mate, but...

I'm not sure about how effective your test was, as I think the Leshy is set up better than the Ghillie.

If it was my choice using the Ghillie I'd be set up further down the path on the left (out of the sun light), just inside the ferns/bushes. Being set up in front of the tree gives away his outline more so than than if he was where I suggested. The Leshy is set up in the perfect place in my opinion. He has a good look down the path, and isn't in the obvious place (in the dark shadow to the right of the tree on the left), and he is using the terrain as suited to his camouflage.

Just my opinion though...
            Trader Feedback:
            New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
            Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

Remember guys think of it as a whole, there meant to be there and it works.

jag i spotted the ghillie first because of the colour changes but i do see where you are coming from, i got a high quality photo that doesn't like to be uploaded that's how i could tell.

Dope on the rope dont want to give any relevant opinions dont even bother

Cheers MJ i could get the other photo up of him in a much better position but it wasn't much change to time a minute max and that's when he was in deep bush

Comment

It's all down to the surroundings really....

Leshy Fail:

Comment

That really is leshy fail lol i hope that's not ground zero woodland lol

Comment

I'm really growing to be an arse in my old age. But I had a point. Your test is flawed. Your conclusions ergo, are fallacious.
                    sigpic
                    Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                    I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

I wouldn't say the test is flawed i wasn't aiming for both of the suits to be used in the exact same place, i aimed for them to be where they should be to give a idea of why they should be there and if one is more effective than the other in their natural and best environment, of course having the 2 suits used in the same place is better! but however i cannot get the resources for that so yes and to the flawed.

Cheers

Comment

I like the leshy, in terms of practicality in wins hands down. I could wear that all day running round with the AEG. Against the woodland floor too, would work out well.

The ghille is really for snipers only. But can be a stand alone camo, you don't NEED to be blending in. You become a new bush!

Horses for courses!

Comment

Ghillie and LESHY are both used for the same thing but why did russia choose this, the only obvious advantages are of movability and heat.

so is LESHY not a sniper outfit really then?

Comment

isnt russia supposed to be cold haha why choose a lighter suit?
                            ive been recently interested in the marines idea off ponchos of old sacking and ripping them and adding bits off dpm and everything to them light and good camoflauge
                            ive just been out in the snow with a white sheet and it took my mate 15 minutes so find me :P i had multiple oppertunitys to shoot him

Comment

Yea desert ghillie i don't understand either just get a sheet of the same coloured crap as the floor and your sorted,

Exactly what i was thinking regarding the cold, strange why they have these leshy's anyway

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MiniSnipa Adam Purcell, 17, Student, Brockenhurst College Studying Uniformed public services Find out more about MiniSnipa
                              Working...
                              X