LESHY VS Ghillie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LESHY VS Ghillie?

You do have to remember a lot of snipers are also fairly mobile. Especially on the attacking side. Not just sitting up in the church bell tower for days on end.

Comment

Now its the question whether which is more suited to ground zero woodland,

you can get the suit in two colours
      Tiger

Dont not know

Comment

well i must agree that the test is flawed - surely it would be best to test the two suits in the same environment to see which offers the best concealment.

personally i would go for a ghillie suit.

mac
        Originally posted by Coz
        Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

covered that already macka but cheers

Comment

i aware you covered it - was just saying.

im still inclined to say that a ghillie suit is the better of the two at concealment. the shape of your body is broken up a lot better where as the leshy just seems to give you a fuzzy outline.
            im sure a leshy suit is quite good in practice.
            is it authenticity you are after?
            mac
            Originally posted by Coz
            Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

A mix of both, but also curiosity got to me as to why they use these instead of ghillie

Comment

Looking at the LESHY. Why are all troops not issues that over normal DPM's?

Comment

Confusing this aint it hmm

I suppose if you really want to be Russian then get a SVD and a LESHY but for purposes of ground zero and looking at its plant life Ghillie will be best

Comment

Leshys not supposed to do the exact same thing as a Ghillie- a ghillie suit lends itself a lot more to cautious slow moving/static use, while the Leshy is designed with much more manouvrebility and speed in mind. You would almost never wear a Ghillie if you werent a sniper as its just too damn cumbersome, while many special Russian units in woodland areas would wear the Leshy for standard kit, where it will obviously offer greater concealment than regular camouflage.

The Ghillie will almost always have the edge in this country for concealment if its done well as it uses local flora, fauna and colours, where Leshy is mass produced in Russian for Europe/Eastern European use. However if you dont want to be carrying round a ton of hessian, hemp and foliage but you want to be able to have some extra concealment when jumping into a bush, the Leshy would be for you.

For me its academic as Im mildly colour blind and I have problems discerning people in camo/concealment anyway, but the photos are pretty useless at comparing the two. The Leshy is in deep shadow and well concealed, and if you swapped the two round the leshy would be spottable in a second where the ghillie is, whereas the ghillie would take MUCH longer. Its a testament to how decent the Ghillie actually is that that picture is taken of the ghillie in the middle of the path and it took you that long to find it.

Edit: Jagillham, its very simple why troops arent issued Leshy instead of DPM: Its Russian

Comment

if i may include my thoughts
                      i have had 10+ ghillie suits and atleast three leshshy suits but i woudl say it depends!
                      i know it is silly to say but leshy suits work very well in leafy areas as it is difficult to get the right affect from burlap while in summer a ghillie will no doubt be a good option in most cases but i would say 7 times out of 10 a ghillie suit is the better concealment tool but if i was to move around alot and at some speed i would use a leshy as it still breaks up the users outline at a glance which in an assult is always useful.
                      and i used to wear the leshies for my russian look which i though was great but horse for courses as said
                      and now i only use a ghillie but thats me
                      thats my little thoguth any way

edit: just seen the post above and completely agree as i supect my post suggest's
                      Last edited by gmister; 13 February, 2009, 19:11. Reason: seen the post above!

Comment

So overall a light ghillie suit will be better than a leshy at ground zero anyway, to be honest before i decide i really do need pictures of ground zero and see what the ground is like

Comment

i cant comment on ground zero as i dont play there but if you want a decent concealment garment then i would suggest a leshy unless you are willing to put the work in to making the ghillie good other wise it will just stick out like a sore thumb

Comment

Looking at GZW photos now dated april 2008, the plant lfe is green the ground is a sand colour, interesting.

Judging by photos both leshy and ghillie will work great dependant on position.

At the moment im gearing more towards ghillie because the LESHY is an oversuit and wearing my sniper belt and hydration pack may be abit of trouble with the LESHY

Comment

Leshys designed to be worn with full webbing, its full of little vents and flaps that allow you to access your belt kit

Comment

Ah, now that i didnt know. thanks spetz!

Really dont know what to go for due to the vast colour ranges that GZW posses, and the suit can be in two different colour sets

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MiniSnipa Adam Purcell, 17, Student, Brockenhurst College Studying Uniformed public services Find out more about MiniSnipa
                                Working...
                                X