• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: private military contractor loadouts

Originally posted by MajorLag View Post
    Looks like a sig 552?
    This.
    Although it could be a 553, which is similar in most respects.
    Not actually a builder
    Not actually called Bob.

Comment

7.62 variant ak's are popular as they are a dime a dozen in that region of the world.
      some guys like to "tactical-lize" them others leave them plain jane.

m4's are also quite popular as is the 5.56 round

like mentioned above if you look around you will probably find pics of a few other less popular rifles, such as a g36, sig 553/552, south African version of the galil, fn fal, pkm's.
      hand gun wise, glocks, cz75's, hi powers,
      Head shot aka open minded

Comment

depends on what sort of era and what company you work for i know people that have used mp5's in iraq but then i know people that have used tactical ak47's but they have worked for different companies its easier just to have a good look round there is a close protection site on fb that has a few good people on there that have pics out in ghanners and iraq a few even in somalia (dont get me wrong you have to look for these guys but once youve found them you get some great snaps) take this guy for instance nothing to technical just nice simple molle plate carrier and a few pouches with a drop leg holster. all depends on what route you want to take with it.

article-1360216-0D575A6D000005DC-314_634x547.jpg
        wanted selex ct1

Comment

One of my favourite PMC photo's

Catch me on Instagram @Weaponhit_Robson

Comment

You can literally run anything for a PMC loadout. Guys I worked with in Iraq in 2003 just had AK's and a tactical waste coat. They wore whatever they could get their hands on, mainly jeans and T-Shirts. Then you have the covert era where the wore lightweight plate carriers under open shirts and baseball caps with tac trousers and used CQB carbines. Then you have after the ruling about PMC's having their callsigns printed on their vehicles and covert stuff was a no go then. So companies decided that if they have to announce they're there with callsigns on vehicles, they may as well kit their blokes out to the max. In came the jump suits and full on plate carries and helmets with western weapons that most use today. If course this is just in Iraq but you have other locations such as Africa, Kosovo, Bosnia, and obviously all over the Middle East where PMC's operate.

Comment

I think you need to consider where in the world you want your PMC to be based, as others have suggested. When most people put together a PMC loadout they base it on desert colours like tan because that's where we're used to seeing pictures of PMCs operating (obviously due to Iraq and Afghanistan). My airsoft loadout is essentially a PMC one (mainly due to comfort rather than me thinking 'I want to be a PMC') but it's all in blacks and ODs since I play in the UK in dark CQB environments or outdoors in green environments. I wear 'European Field of Operations PMC,' if you will, so I don't feel the need to copy the tan types we normally see in terms of colour (though admittedly I've just got the same gear as them but in OD). My general loadout is:

- Black Operator's Cap
              - Black Polo Shirt
              - OD Shemagh
              - OD Chest Rig or OD Plate Carrier or Black Chest Rig (depending on what I'm carrying or just how I feel)
              - Black Heavy Duty Belt
              - Black Drop Leg
              - OD Combats
              - Black Boots
              - M4

I'll try and do a picture next time I'm playing dress up!
              102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Here we go:

(sorry it's just in my garden and not on some impressive looking terrain!)
                102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

As longshot said it needs to work for where you play but I'd also add that to distinguish between generic skirmish wear and a pmc you need to try and achieve a particular look as opposed to just saying "this is a pmc loadout" simply because you're not wearing camo patterns.
                  I'd say body armor (paca or the likes) are a good way to go, and minimal magazine carrying if you can pull it off seeing as most PMC engagements would be short, swift and close range (they are most likely being ambushed seeing as they are probably protecting HVT's etc.

obviously I know nothing having not been/worked with any PMC guys but it's just my personal slant on the 'why' a pmc loadout would look a particular way
                  Catch me on Instagram @Weaponhit_Robson

Comment

As condescending as it sounds, the biggest part of pulling off any loadout is looking like a grown man and not a kid.

I see some cracking loadouts with lots of thought put into them, but it really does look like some kid with their Dads gear on. Im in no way having a go at younger players, just calling it how i see it.

Comment

Originally posted by EchoSevenNine View Post
                      As condescending as it sounds, the biggest part of pulling off any loadout is looking like a grown man and not a kid.

I see some cracking loadouts with lots of thought put into them, but it really does look like some kid with their Dads gear on. Im in no way having a go at younger players, just calling it how i see it.
                      Totally agree. Whilst I appreciate that anyone and everyone is free to play airsoft and wear whatever they like, I do think it sometimes looks pretty ridiculous if someone's trying to do a particular loadout/impression and the gear weighs about as much as the kid does.

Comment

Plus you can't pull off the beard as a kid

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by mightyjebus View Post
                          weird..reminds me of me.....
                          [/URL]
                          have you got more pics of that rifle??

Comment

nope don't think so. it's a VZ 58 with a RIS and an Aimpoint. The mags are just painted if I remember correctly.
                            I can't find the original but I've exploded one of the copies I have so you can see it better.
                            Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

thanx for explaining the gun , I knew what it was that's why I was asking about it. Cool little toy isn't it.

Comment

yeah and there is a custom airsoft version out there somewhere as well.
                                Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

phalcon Find out more about phalcon
                                Working...
                                X