private military contractor loadouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: private military contractor loadouts

well. is there ? I havent heard of any and it's not as easy as to slap bits to AK as it won't look right.

Comment

i love the plate carrier and jeans combo...that is my main loadout..its a cheap and simple laodout

Comment

I wore jeans to a skirmish once, was uncomfortable. I don't know why people wear them to a skirmish, cragghoppers are much nicer.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
          I wore jeans to a skirmish once, was uncomfortable. I don't know why people wear them to a skirmish, cragghoppers are much nicer.
          Jeans are a pain in the 4rse, literally, to wear for tactical ops. I had to spend a couple of days in jeans in Iraq and it was one of the most uncomfortable experiences I've ever had.

Guys when thinking about a PMC loadout there really isn't any rules. People say "oh PMC's don't wear this or that these days" but that's b0llocks really. When security company first starts ops on a new contract it doesn't always have the right gear in place for it's blokes. Only last year there was a company that started operating in Iraq that couldn't provide it's operators with body armour or clothing/uniform. The guys had to buy their own gear. The weapons they were given were rusty old AK's. 18 months later as the money starts rolling in and everyone is issued an OD RICAS with tan trousers and black polo t-shirts with M4's and Glocks. It's often the case, anywhere in the world because these contracts are quite often awarded very close to deployment date which doesn't leave the company much time to source everything. And with business being business plus the nature of the security industry not many new companies are willing, or even have the funds, to equip a few hundred blokes for a contract that might not happen!

Comment

Also, the 'no camo' thing came from a condition of working with the DoD in Iraq briefly... guys on other contracts wore camo all the time, there was a bunch of pics of a British/european outfit that favoured desert tigerstripe and tropentarn for a while.
            Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
            It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Originally posted by Nun-Chuck View Post
              Also, the 'no camo' thing came from a condition of working with the DoD in Iraq briefly... guys on other contracts wore camo all the time, there was a bunch of pics of a British/european outfit that favoured desert tigerstripe and tropentarn for a while.
              Also WELL publicised pics of US Paradigm PMC wearing Multicam.

Comment

under the CONDO regulations it's frowned on for contractors to wear camo. Very few contractors wear camo as they look like they are military when most of them are x military and don't want to look like military, if that makes sense.

weapons nowadays are usually dependent on the nationality. i.e. American's usually go for an m4 of some sort whereas the eastern european boys usually rock an AK.
                If I was to describe a typical PMC it would be as follows:

Beard
                baseball cap
                polo shirt
                5.11 trousers in all colours
                good boots usually breathable.
                glock pistol and holster with 2 extra mags on a drop down holster
                if they are vehicle borne they usually wear a shemag green/tan or colourful from the local markets

nowadays I'm seeing a lot of guys rock a battle belt. usually a couple of pistol mags, a few fastmag for their m4 and a medics pouch. Belts are 90% multicam
                Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

these are a couple of snaps of me playing at my local site MCG, very simple load out consisting of:

black polo shirt
                  Craghopers
                  Black molle plate carrier
                  and an M4 just needs a couple of bits adding onto it but once their on im done

1235526_10151844318195600_117226521_n.jpg

1237789_10151844412645600_2119834832_n.jpg
                  wanted selex ct1

Comment

Originally posted by mightyjebus View Post
                    under the CONDO regulations it's frowned on for contractors to wear camo. Very few contractors wear camo as they look like they are military when most of them are x military and don't want to look like military, if that makes sense.

weapons nowadays are usually dependent on the nationality. i.e. American's usually go for an m4 of some sort whereas the eastern european boys usually rock an AK.
                    If I was to describe a typical PMC it would be as follows:

Beard
                    baseball cap
                    polo shirt
                    5.11 trousers in all colours
                    good boots usually breathable.
                    glock pistol and holster with 2 extra mags on a drop down holster
                    if they are vehicle borne they usually wear a shemag green/tan or colourful from the local markets

nowadays I'm seeing a lot of guys rock a battle belt. usually a couple of pistol mags, a few fastmag for their m4 and a medics pouch. Belts are 90% multicam
                    Technically speaking the nationality of the company normally dictates the weapons used as apposed to individual operators. Of course budget plays a massive part in that too!

None of my colleagues where a shemagh these days inside vehicles. Most are airconned anyway and have call sign indicators on or are blatantly PMC's.

I notice you said you see a lot of guys rocking the battle belt. Are you working out in the pit?

Comment

Mike, agree with you there. The weapon depends on the contract. Usually cheap and cheerful, therefore AK or such variants. I doubt glocks though, again as a cost measure, they are very expensive. Most look at something like a CZ.
                      As for camo, it isn't "frowned on" it will be part of the contract agreement that the contractor has, usually with DoD that forbids camo and allows only single colour BDU's or equivalent eg 5.11.
                      A lot of the company's will insist on a corporate image as well, so they will want a uniformity of some sort. So where the rig you are comfortable with for example but you will wear their polo shirt and trousers. All about a professional image.
                      sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

I am 100% sure Jebus knows what he is talking about. I wouldn't brush his info aside

Comment

I am 100% sure Jebus knows what he is talking about. I wouldn't brush his info aside
                          I'm pretty sure I do to! But then my info is now a few years old!
                          sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

part of the problem with saying that the weapons are generic to a company isn't really true. The larger companies i.e. AEGIS, HART, etc will have a uniform, weapon package and other kit that they expect there guys to wear but the large companies actually only cover a small part of the overall PMC contracts and win and lose contracts on a yearly basis. By far the biggest percentage goes to the smaller companies who can do it cheaper. Part of the reason they do it cheaper is because they don't supply the weapon packages etc until they are established so you end up with small companies buying local purchase weapons and kit. If they get the contract again you usually find they start to look more professional (uniform/weapon/kit).

Another reason most of the companies look the same i.e. 5.11 trousers, TT plate carriers, Truespec or condor baseball caps, etc is because they only kit available in Afghan comes from the American or German PX's. They can order online or buy whilst at home but it's just easier to buy what is available and easily resupplied.

I probably see 40 or 50 vehicle moves a day and trust me that 95% of them wear shemaghs.
                            Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

No one was brushing is info aside?!

Comment

Originally posted by mightyjebus View Post
                                part of the problem with saying that the weapons are generic to a company isn't really true. The larger companies i.e. AEGIS, HART, etc will have a uniform, weapon package and other kit that they expect there guys to wear but the large companies actually only cover a small part of the overall PMC contracts and win and lose contracts on a yearly basis. By far the biggest percentage goes to the smaller companies who can do it cheaper. Part of the reason they do it cheaper is because they don't supply the weapon packages etc until they are established so you end up with small companies buying local purchase weapons and kit. If they get the contract again you usually find they start to look more professional (uniform/weapon/kit).

Another reason most of the companies look the same i.e. 5.11 trousers, TT plate carriers, Truespec or condor baseball caps, etc is because they only kit available in Afghan comes from the American or German PX's. They can order online or buy whilst at home but it's just easier to buy what is available and easily resupplied.

I probably see 40 or 50 vehicle moves a day and trust me that 95% of them wear shemaghs.
                                I'm surprised by that. I've never worn a shemagh inside a civvie vehicle and can't think of anything worse. Unless running a covert op of course, mind you, it's been a few years since I've been out there. Are you a security contractor out there or other?

I think Aegis, CRG, G4S have quite a strict dress code now of only issued kit?!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

phalcon Find out more about phalcon
                                Working...
                                X