private military contractor loadouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: private military contractor loadouts

I've spent the last 10 years in Iraq and Afghan teaching the locals to conga which is about as much as I will say about what I get up to :p

You are right about the larger companies having a dress code. Aegis look terrible in their tan flight suits. To put the weapon supply in perspective my mate worked for a small CP company in Iraq. He went down to Um Qsar port and from the local market/gun shop he picked different parts of the AK family and got the weapon made to his spec by the guys running the market (for info Rus AKM body, ROM coat hanger stock, Hungarian barrel and furniture). All the guys on his team had the same experience.
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyjebus View Post
      I've spent the last 10 years in Iraq and Afghan teaching the locals to conga which is about as much as I will say about what I get up to :p

You are right about the larger companies having a dress code. Aegis look terrible in their tan flight suits. To put the weapon supply in perspective my mate worked for a small CP company in Iraq. He went down to Um Qsar port and from the local market/gun shop he picked different parts of the AK family and got the weapon made to his spec by the guys running the market (for info Rus AKM body, ROM coat hanger stock, Hungarian barrel and furniture). All the guys on his team had the same experience.
      Ah, so you're the guy that's been teaching all those LEC'ies how to dance!!

I agree on the old jumpsuit's as well. Personally I don't get why they use them. From a professional point of view they can make even the fittest leanest warrior look like a fat sack of sh!t. Even hot women suddenly turn into cow 4rsed average joes!! And they don't have any real benefit over tac trousers and shirt!

Comment

Jebus? The conga, come on, everyone knows the Macarena is more effective!
        sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

I'll just leave this here...
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdggP7rw0mg&noredirect=1

Comment

Glock 17 is actually a really good bet if you are basing it on Iraq as the US lost 88,000 (approx) Glock 17s in Iraq (plus many more in Afghan) due to the fact they were giving them to the new iraqi forces who were selling them on. many of them actually ended up in the hands of Sunni extremists from the local markets as the US didn't think it prudent to record serial numbers etc and Iraqi soldiers were getting around $800 USD for each of their Glocks they "lost"

Comment

include the 2 or 3000 Mp5's that went walkabouts as well. Black market AK's started out at $60 in 2003/4 and climbed to 600-900 by 2009.

Makarov pistols started out at around $200 but rose rapidly to well over a grand. Some going for as high as $1250

An AK mag with 30 rounds started at $6 but crept up to the $60 mark by the time the British left. In Afghan right now the prices are similar but status weapons (Soviet AK74SUfor instance) can be a couple of thousand dollars. They is enough of a Market for status weapons that the Kyber pass gun shops knock out a Soviet copy of the AK74SU.

And to keep on topic for the true PMC look you need an armoured land cruiser

Comment

Anybody know what type of comms setup PMC's use? Radio etc.

Comment

This is my "hopefully getting back into aristoft loadout, and while I wasn't really going for the PMC look, it fits best with whats been discussed here i.e Mostly block colours, basic set-up

Primary: M4 - Basic Set up: Iron Sights only, with a FAB Defense AFG style foregrip.
                  Sidearm: ASG C60 Cougar

My patented "Miserable Tw*t" facial expression
                  Meindl Desert Fox boots
                  Helikon Tan Trousers
                  British Army Tan Shirt
                  Black "Hellfish" Branded Cap
                  VIPER Spec Ops Gloves in Tan
                  G1098 Sabre Chest Rig with CB Admin Panel, Cold Steel Training Knife in Vanguard DDPM MOLLE Sheath, x 2 CB FLYYE Utility Pouches, a DDPM Pointman Hyradtion Pouch on the rear. Carabiner with x 3 Speed Cuffs and Camera in Civvie Pouch.
                  Webtex DDPM Drop leg Holster with Tan Belt. FLYYE Double Pistol Mag pouch.

sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Comment

Originally posted by GhostWolf View Post
                    Anybody know what type of comms setup PMC's use? Radio etc.
                    Anything that works! I've seen PMC's using everything from just mobile phones for comms (rare but it happens) to cheap Wouxun's right through to top of the range Kenwood/Motorola's set up's or even military grade comm nets. All depends on the companies budget and what country they're working in.

Comment

Another popular item of clothing worn by Private Security Contractors, especially Blackwater, is the 5.11 Beige Tactical Pro Vest, endless amounts of pockets from pistol and M4 mags to radios. Designed to be worn over vest or can be worn alone on lightweight security details. If anybody out there is after one, I've a brand new with tags, size large
                      0blackwater-guards1.jpgwaist front.jpgwaist rear.jpgwaist inside.jpg

Comment

I love it when somebody necros a thread with some information that's probably already in the thread to try and sell something.

Comment

Like to think my setup is kinda PMC, I never play in camo

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi guys, if you're after the ideal PMC loadout then 5.11 gear is usually the best place to start. I used to be into BLACKWATER (yes they've had bad press, but they were excellent at their job and always kept their VIP alive) and modelled myself on their kit. I was sent an original, brand new, still has tags, TACTICAL PRO VEST, a beige waistcoat with endless amounts of pockets, including mags, radios and anything else you need. If you can get hold of them in this country, as they're very difficult to come by, especially new, they usually retail at around £80, I'm selling this one £40 all in, it's a bargain, never been worn. Also have a 5.11 Tactical Shirt, good condition, Black, rrp £50, I'm asking £20 all in (pm me for photos of shirt). Both size LARGE. Thanks, Lee

Comment

I think you're looking for the Classifieds, there's a Gear & Kit section for that...
                              Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                              big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

My rig
                                with a few different guns :P
                                trouser wise i go for mtp or atacs-au cant find a set of cb ones i like.

i like the ones i saw further up the thread with the 2 guys sitting on a rock, anyone know what they are?

rob pmc.jpgrob1.jpgrob2.jpg999442_10151810862687930_1204627678_n.jpg
                                Last edited by shakey787; 12 January, 2014, 00:01. Reason: lack of info

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

phalcon Find out more about phalcon
                                Working...
                                X