1980's US marine Loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1980's US marine Loadout

You can wear LBVs with alice webbing, they're actually designed to be worn that way

The LBV started to be issued in 1988 (the designation of one of the first models is actually the LBV88). Randy Shughard wore one with the pouches removed apparently in 1993.

Comment

Is ALICE stuff any different to LC2 (Don't know much about Yank gear...can you tell?)

Are there any on-line guides or such like?
      sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Comment

Alice IS LC2 (dont worry about it mate, theres so many bloody yank designations it gets stupid).

Standard LC2 webbing kit is two LC2 ammo pouches, buttpack, one or two canteen pouches, and FFD pouch. You also often get 2l canteen pouches, pistol pouches, holsters etc added as well.
        Last edited by spetsnazdave87; 7 July, 2010, 12:12.

Comment

Sweet...ur a legend Dave.
          sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Comment

No worries mate.

Comment

There is next to no difference between LC1 and LC2, the only thing I can tell is the belt (due to the fastening) but it is all compatible with each other.

Comment

Yep,the only difference between LC1,2 and 3 are the belt buckles-all the other items/pouches are identical or if any improvements have been done nothing really noticeable.

The US LBV is pretty cool but no good if you want to be accurate until mid 90s as didnt come into service(i believe) until 1993/4.

Comment

Regarding the LBV(forgot to add earlier) that there is the early STD LBV and a later ENHANCED LBV-anyone got any ideas whats different between them?

Comment

I believe from my research into my TOTS kit the difference is purely the manuacturer. There are about a dozen different makers out there, a few use 'enhanced' and others use LBV 88. As far as I can tell the only 'enhanced lbv' Ive seen thats any different from the originals is the blackhawk one, which doesnt have mesh and has different buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by spetsnazdave87 View Post
                      I believe from my research into my TOTS kit the difference is purely the manuacturer. There are about a dozen different makers out there, a few use 'enhanced' and others use LBV 88. As far as I can tell the only 'enhanced lbv' Ive seen thats any different from the originals is the blackhawk one, which doesnt have mesh and has different buttons.

Mine is an original dated 1994 made by SPECIALITY PLASTIC PRODUCTS INC and is designated as--

VEST,TACTICAL LOAD BEARING

Comment

snap, mines by specialty plastic products but labelled vest, enhanced, tactical load bearing.

Comment

snap, mines by specialty plastic products but labelled vest, enhanced, tactical load bearing.

Any ideas what date yours is please?

Comment

Mine hasnt got a date on it mate, but it does have both 88 and 91 at the end of two lines of numbers.

Comment

Mine hasnt got a date on it mate, but it does have both 88 and 91 at the end of two lines of numbers.

Should have a date in the line that goes SPO-00-??-C with the 2 numbers where the ?? are in my example being the date.

Comment

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hellfish Find out more about Hellfish
                                Working...
                                X