us marines load out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: us marines load out

From what I understand, the OTV is no longer issued to the USMC on the frontline, only used for training and by reserve units, logistics and support units etc.

The SPC is worn by Marines as a lightweight alternative to the bulky MTV vest, but the commander of the unit decides which vest is to be worn by his men, the SPC for low threat, and the MTV for full on frontline firefight...

All the marine SPCs I have seen are with the groin plate from the OTV/MTV, Pantac also make that - trust me, it has saved some grief and pain on more than one occasion...

Here is a kitlist I have compiled that you might take some inspiration from, I'd say that this represents the USMC grunt, not so much Force recon:

Lightweight Helmet - Reversible MARPAT Cover, USGI NVG mount, Helmet Band or ESS Goggles

Bowman Headset is becoming more common, plenty of replicas avail. Real ones are cheap too.

USMC Frog Shirt, the under body armour shirt in either woodie or dessie MARPAT
    USMC MARPAT MCCUU Combat Trousers

M4 Carbine is becoming more popular in photos and video footage:

G&P M4 or even a DBoy one if you can find it, slide a Systema or G&P gearbox in it and it'll do the trick, maybe with a little extra tinkering (Hopup, motor and inner barrel etc) you'll have a high grade gun in no time...

ACOG is on almost every gun. PEQ-2/15, Flashlights, KAC foregrips and especailly Grip-pods...

In Terms of vest, Pantac MTV or SPC is a good, only in Coyote Brown, assorted pouches, no real restrictions on that front...

Hydration packs, Camelbak Thermobak is the most popular standalone one I've seen, again, CB...

Hope this gives you some idea of what you're looking for... But it isn't hard go on Google images and type in USMC afghanistan, you'll get some real good pictures and some real good inspiration...

But if you want realism, stay as far away from CoD as you possibly can.

All the best,

/Josh

This Tea is shite... Needs more Bag.

- Myself

Comment

Originally posted by SirM4alot View Post
      Hydration packs, Camelbak Thermobak is the most popular standalone one I've seen, again, CB...

Hope this gives you some idea of what you're looking for... But it isn't hard go on Google images and type in USMC afghanistan, you'll get some real good pictures and some real good inspiration...

But if you want realism, stay as far away from CoD as you possibly can.

All the best,

/Josh
      usmc mainly use source hydration http://source-military.com/hydration...ctical-3l.html
      for hydration

Comment

Originally posted by Fizzy View Post
        problem is the LWH as if you want it accurate you're going to have to buy the real deal
        You can get Replica LWHs, whats wrong with them?

Comment

is that the rock?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Just wanted to add some old school to this modern-ish thread.

Its based on GenKill...so circa 2003/2004. Excuse the M727...couldn't be arsed to chop it before the game.

Ben
              "As the Great Warrior poet Ice Cube once said, when the day does not require an AK it is good"

Comment

AAAA.jpg

my Marine load-out... rather out of date..

new upgrades..

TAG plate carrier
                PACA under armour
                Eagle MAP
                + other goodies.. will get a new pic ASAP + kit-lits and where i got it..

Comment

Hey guys, I've spent alot of time and money refining my USMC impression over the last six months and I've gone through alot of reference material and source material in order to get the correct look. The definitive guide to anything Devil Dog is as follows:

HEAD GEAR:
                  2004 on wards is the Gentex Lightweight Helmet
                  - This looks very similar to the PASGT however there are minute details such as circumference and the raise of the lip which differ. However a good compromise is a PASGT with a replica LWH suspension kit.
                  - Furthermore, there is a USMC LWH replica available which is actually a cracking piece of kit
                  - One important note. THE MARINES DO NOT WEAR MICH HELMETS The only parts of the USMC that have been seen with MICH's are FR guys and MARSOC who are special operators and have completely different kit lists to what I am about to give out!

BATTLE DRESS:
                  2004 on wards the MCUU (Marine Corps Utility Uniform) was adopted in both woodland and arid variations. Images of Marines you see in the woodland variation are more often than not, pictures of training operations as it was not given the go in the current theatre of war until 2010 wherupon Marines were given the go-ahead to mix and match due to the difficulties faced by terrain that switched between vegetation and desert.
                  Boots are kept to issued ones, they can be distinguished with the Eagle, Globe and Anchor insignia stamped on the outer part of the heel, Danner and Bates both produce boots for the USMC.

ARMOUR:
                  2004 onwards there has been a plethora of vests worn ranging from the following
                  SDS Point Blank Outer Tactical Vest (OTV) in woodland pattern and coyote brown. Anything after 2004 would be Coyote Brown and among the following vests
                  -Eagle Industries CIRAS in CB
                  -Point Blank OTV in CB
                  -Tactical Applications Group (not to be mistaken with TAG) Spartan 1 in CB
                  -Tactical Applications Group Spartan 2
                  -Modular Tactical Vest in CB
                  -Improved Outer Tactical Vest
                  -Eagle Industries SPC

WEAPONS:
                  M16A4 MWS - always a strong choice. However in the past year, they have begun phasing out the M16 from service for the smaller and lighter M4
                  M4A1

There is alot of little bits and bobs I haven't added, however I do not have the time to do so ATM so if you wish for more information on how to correctly do a USMC impression feel free to PM me as I'm happy to share the info if it clears up ambiguities.
                  Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                  It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

for the cheap option as i have done its a mich 2000 ( picture is a 2001 and not my FR imrpress) but a few gentex LWH do pop-up on ebay now and again... be preapred to pay top dollar though

Comment

• Re: us marines load out

Originally posted by skullfacedinfidel View Post
                      for the cheap option as i have done its a mich 2000 ( picture is a 2001 and not my FR imrpress) but a few gentex LWH do pop-up on ebay now and again... be preapred to pay top dollar though
                      I'm afraid the MICH is completely incorrect. If you shift it I can point you in the right direction of a very affordable replica if you wish to PM me. There must be some good deals going out there?
                      Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                      It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Listen to borna about the USMC kit, he knows his stuff!

although you do see marines wearing a mich, this isnt FR or MARSOC but the following will explain

The united states marine corps are replacing the LWH helmet, for something like a mich, MARSOC and FR have been trialing this helmet for some time now.
                        also eagle are taking KDH to court over a contract to replace the the MTV and SPC with a new vest, the MTV is not being phased out at all, the reason the SPC is being used is because the marines are taking heat exhaustion casualties so needed a vest to provide as much protection as possible but giving more movement.

on another note, i have a USMC issue Spartan II (MTV) vest for sale so pm me if interested
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by Parky
                        Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

finally have an update/woodland marpat pic up.

M16 died in the morning hence the M4.

New bits
                          FLYYE SPC VEST
                          Issue London Bridge M4 Pouches
                          Issue Pads
                          Lost the face mask for ESS
                          Tac Modded 2012 PTW
                          C11 from Team Cobalt

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wedge75 airsofting 12 months june 9th 2010 Find out more about wedge75
                          Working...
                          X