United States Special Forces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: United States Special Forces

as for them CAG pics, they may or may not be CAG ( first one is) but 2nd and 3rd arn't contractors.
    can't find any delta pics don't think i got any.. all seals and USMC :D

as for boots im sporting Harkila Mountain Hunt GTX Flex Safari Boots would recommend highly, very compy and clean-up nicely after a very muddy days skirmishing, also fit with any load-out. if its dry/cqb i would recommend magnum spiders as well.
    on the issue of the safari land, why may i ask are you going for a 6377? if my knowledge is correct thats a fobus style? a 6004 or 05 would be more sense as it is lockable?
    as for the CAT ( its just CAT i got my from a very populer internet auction site :P

crye.jpg
    Last edited by skullfacedinfidel; 20 April, 2012, 15:50.

Comment

Haha love the meme.
      Yeah the 6377 is a fobus holster but apparently its becoming more popular out in the field, I am yet to have evidence of this from the guy that was telling me about it so I'll hold back on it, I was initially looking into 6004s as I like the drop leg assembly and they're pretty damn common in photos with sidearms. At the moment I'm more inclined to go for a 6004 (apparently they're suede lined or something??). Those boots look pretty good, I'm trying without avail to source some decently priced Merrel Sawtooths but they so damned expensive!
      As for the CAT, yeah I know its a bit of a tautology but it feels natural now (its just so people don't get confused with felines )

Comment

A 6004 would be acceptable, as is the drop leg Serpa you're already running - although both these are seen less often now as a lot of people are moving to belt mounted holsters (not just within the Army SF and SOF communities either). The 6377 is a possibility, recent pics from CapEx 12 (posted below) showed a Safariland holster which looks a little like the 6377 (although I can't be 100% sure that it is). The thing to remember about Army SF is that each ODA has it's own individual pot of money to buy kit with, so it is not impossible for someone to purchase and use a 'non-standard' holster purchased either via the team fund or their own funds.

Comment

Yeah I used to run my SERPA on my belt but I hated it. They look like 6377s, regardless they're fobus holsters so I guess they're in use. Still will probably go for a 6004. Is the guy in your first pic wearing an SOHPC? Man I want to get one of those... Any justification haha

Comment

X03 is wearing a Paraclete Hard Plate Carrier with Cummerbund, and X20 is wearing an Eagle MBAV. A Paraclete SOHPC would be acceptable as well, as there is the odd picture which shows them in use - not as common though as other platforms.

Comment

Hmmm, may get one torn between a JPC and am SOHPC. I found a couple of ref pics of SF training in JPCs and MBAVs...

Comment

Crye JPC in MC is fine - being worn by the gent at the top at the top of the laddaer, and also the one holding the ladder I believe; MBAVs being worn by the other two:

5th Group demo during their anniversary celebrations

Comment

Am i missing something here?

The "MBAV" looks like the Eagle plate carrier (EPC) :S
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by Parky
                  Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

<AT> Atomicaardvark: those were the set of reference pics I was referring to. JPCs are almost like the Green Beret's version of the 6094A (or B I can never remember) slicks haha.
                    <AT> Teufelhunden: MBAVs are EPCs w/cummerbunds but with sewn in soft armour they come a part of the MLCS/RLCS/SFLCS kits. Externally they look identical. Most of the time airsofters will be rocking EPCs over MBAVs as they're cheaper and I think owning body armour is illegal? Not too sure about the law...

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt_bob View Post
                      <AT> Atomicaardvark: those were the set of reference pics I was referring to. JPCs are almost like the Green Beret's version of the 6094A (or B I can never remember) slicks haha.
                      <AT> Teufelhunden: MBAVs are EPCs w/cummerbunds but with sewn in soft armour they come a part of the MLCS/RLCS/SFLCS kits. Externally they look identical. Most of the time airsofters will be rocking EPCs over MBAVs as they're cheaper and I think owning body armour is illegal? Not too sure about the law...
                      I don't know about the legality of body armour, but they're definitely not cheap and not the easiest bit of kit to buy haha.

Really need to get some photos of my current loadout as my AOR2 lookalike came in today. Going to have to wait until my next skirmish though haha. Might have some patches by then as well.
                      "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                      Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

MBAVs pop up for sale every so often on ebay, however they don't go for peanuts - I've picked up both of mine from there. They're more common to find than the RLCS version in Ranger Green, not sure whether that will continue to be the case with Rangers moving to the MJK version of the MBAV. A cheaper, and acceptable option is the civilian version (I ran one for a while until I sourced my first MBAV) with some home made soft armour (camping ground mat) with replica plates.

Comment

Sorry for late reply. as for 6004 yes it is lined. very comfy on the leg and works well, its also lockable so its jumpable, not that you'll be downing any para jumps soon but it sets the loadout off if you can find one i would go for a 6005 first but ive been looking for a while to either buy or mod my 6004.

Comment

• I tried Multicam and ACU last week, and it looked great. Would welcome opinions though! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336195357.468679.jpg
                            ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336195425.185048.jpg
                            View my classifieds feedback:
                            http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...ghlight=MrPink
                            http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34703

Comment

Been a while but this is my gear so far I still need to iron out the rest and swap a few things out but I hope its okay. Any points please say

Crye Precision G3 Combat Shirt
                              Crye Precision OPS Ultimate Direct Action Trousers
                              Scarpa Kailash GTX Boots
                              Mechanix Original Gloves
                              BHI Riggers Belt
                              BHI Safety Lanyard
                              Gentex ACH Helmet
                              Skydex Helmet Pads + Straps
                              MSA Sordin CC Supreme Pro IV
                              Petzl TacTikka XP
                              Replica Wilcox L4 NVG Mount (Mishmash)
                              Eagle Industries Military Version MBAV + Hydration Pouch
                              First Spear Pouches (Apart from black one)

Other odds and ends but I couldnt be assed now

Oh and TM Pro Line RECCE

Rik Jones - South Wales Airsoft

Comment

That ain't a G3 shirt mate, but other than that top notch!! How are you finding the Scarpas? I'm looking into them and a bunch of other boots to replace my ageing old school Scarpas. Also what are First Spear like over EI? I heard the designer from EI created FS or something...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

nice_guy_andy Find out more about nice_guy_andy
                                Working...
                                X