Seals in Vietnam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seals in Vietnam

Ive seen a program before where it was mentioned that it was used, in very small numbers by special forces groups only IE green berets, seals, SOG teams, MACV etc
    Heres a few more they used, Smith and Western M76 smg, Car-15/XM177, M16A1 even an AK
    sigpic
    G&P M16A1, CA XM177, CYMA AKM AIMS, KJW CO2 1911, WELL MP5K GBB, M4 with M203

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
      STEN didn't see action in Nam but the Owen Gun did.
      I will try to dig it out(on another forum) but there is a pic of a guy-could even be US with a silenced Sten in Vietnam.

Comment

While no body can confirm is the pic is a Ranger,Seal or SF the Sten WAS used in Vietnam-allbeit i gues in small numbers.

Also see the pic of Marvin also using the Sten.

Comment

Hmmmm my bad, I hadn't seen any evidence of it. Maybe the Aussies brought them over as I think they would have been the only people to have them in their armoury.

I am annoyed that they don't do an AEG (or even AEP) M2 carbine as I would love one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Mcann View Post
            I will try to dig it out(on another forum) but there is a pic of a guy-could even be US with a silenced Sten in Vietnam.
            That wouldn't be a silencer more likely a barrel extension

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
            Hmmmm my bad, I hadn't seen any evidence of it. Maybe the Aussies brought them over as I think they would have been the only people to have them in their armoury.

I am annoyed that they don't do an AEG (or even AEP) M2 carbine as I would love one of them.
            I thought they did make one :/ that would be good though for an early war loadout, im more into mid to late war myself. what can i say i have a thing for sixties vietnam lol
            Feenix
            sigpic

Comment

You can even go barefoot if you wanted :P
              Rik Jones - South Wales Airsoft

Comment

Originally posted by Feenix View Post
                That wouldn't be a silencer more likely a barrel extension
                No it is a Mk1 Sten with a silencer. The extended barrel is on thr Mk4 IIRC and isn't nearly as long.

Comment

Please dont use jeans, it looks like no effort has been put into it!

Use either ERDL bdu or use plain green modded with the lower pockets in the short to the upper arms, and either dyed or slightly sparyed black, webbing used would be either 56 or 67 webbing with a chicom if wished ( have seen pictures of this) head wear would be a beret or a Cut down boonie, boots would be either the rare type jungle boots with the foot pattern on the sole, weapon either from the sten mk1 and the later model,Cut down m60 vn, sawn off m79 launcher, rpd,ak, xm177,m16, m14 etc
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by Parky
                  Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

The Sten looks like a MK2s but without the laced canvas handguard.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Bon View Post
                      [smilie=shock.gif] Whats Quantum Leap?!?!?! Im gunna go Krylon my dog in disgust at that question.
                      +1, it was probably the best sci fi series of the 90's!
                      But I digress. The sten would make sense - it cost pennies to make, was very simple, was effective, and was highly proven for, by then, over 20 years.
                      I read an article one that said the SEALs used Vietnam to test alot of new weaponry. Eugene Stoner had a bit of a field day with them!
                      Don't forget shotties as you are talking jungles. I think it was an Ithica that was very popular.
                      Also check out the later series of Tour of Duty, another early 90's tv show. The later series had them as SF in tiger stripe, though can't remember if they were down as Rangers, Delta, SEALs or some sort of strange tv amalgamation!
                      sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

I really fancy tiger stripe trouses with a erdl jacket... By biggest challenge seems to be finding the correct belt and 1911 holster.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowdrop View Post
                          +1, it was probably the best sci fi series of the 90's!
                          But I digress. The sten would make sense - it cost pennies to make, was very simple, was effective, and was highly proven for, by then, over 20 years.
                          I read an article one that said the SEALs used Vietnam to test alot of new weaponry. Eugene Stoner had a bit of a field day with them!
                          Don't forget shotties as you are talking jungles. I think it was an Ithica that was very popular.
                          Also check out the later series of Tour of Duty, another early 90's tv show. The later series had them as SF in tiger stripe, though can't remember if they were down as Rangers, Delta, SEALs or some sort of strange tv amalgamation!
                          I was born in 92! :p
                          but yws I love Tour of Duty, and I'm not sure I think it was MACV they were turned into or they were just made into an SF platoon :/
                          @sniper34d I suggest you talk to tomlegg or check Ebay. However Ive found an Old british army belt works just as fine As for holsters, youd be looking for the leather ones I know someone who had one, I could send him an E-mail if you wanted?
                          Hope that helps
                          Feenix
                          sigpic

Comment

It's a damn shame that they haven't brought out a Stoner 63 airsoft version as that would be perfect for a 'Nam SEALs loadout.

Comment

Originally posted by cool-breeze87 View Post
                              It's a damn shame that they haven't brought out a Stoner 63 airsoft version as that would be perfect for a 'Nam SEALs loadout.
                              oh but they have

Comment

Originally posted by murta369 View Post
                                oh but they have
                                It's a damn shame that they haven't brought out a Stoner 63 airsoft version that you don't need to sell a kidney for. (RWC)
                                i mean 2.6K come on! and it has the wrong front end
                                trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sniper34d Find out more about sniper34d
                                Working...
                                X