• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seals in Vietnam

http://www.gp-web.com/en/productspop.php?pid=2710

Comment

I've been a bit busy as of late and not been able to crack on with this, but I have now almost done. My light weight belt setup is complete - see pic. I also have an erdl jacket on the way that can be worn with jeans or my tiger stripe trouses. I have a brand new issued sling that will be used as the bandana Rock and Roll!
      The cantina carrier makes an awesome dump pouch...

Comment

Not enough mag pouches first aid pouch doesn't go on the belt..

Looks more like a normal army belt order need another canteen pouch
        sigpic
        Originally posted by Parky
        Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

SEAL's - Anything goes
          I cannot really fit additional mag pouches as I struggle to access pouches on my back. The med pouch holds a single hicap in case of ammo shortages in a fire fight.
          As these are the only pouches I need to carry the gear I need - is there a way you would re-arrange them?

Comment

Thing is I bet you put them all on with the belt flat ?

If you now put the belt on there's tons of room between the pouches..

Move em along as tight as you can = more room

And maybe seals anything goes , but I could garuntee that there setup would be completely different to that
            sigpic
            Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

You are most likely right and I did make the mistake of doing it flat first time around. I could fit another pouch on with a few alterations to the set up, but then it would just sit empty...I may move the mag pouches to the left hip but theres not a great deal I can do that will make much difference.

Comment

Basicly you want both ammo pouches at the front left and right,
                Move them as close to the ends as possible without them Interfering with the open and closing of the belt then have the pistol holster next (if your right handed on the right etc) then on the opposite side have the pistol mag pouch after the pistol holster have the canteen pouch, get a set of suspenders and get the first aid pouch on that, so there is more room also try and get a seals vest made from a local seamstress

If you want, I have a repro m67 butt pack I could sell ya
                sigpic

Comment

Im probably being over picky but that canteen cover isnt right im afraid.

Comment

I cannot get through windows if i move the pouches any further in :S They get in the way of my legs doh. I like your idea for the seals modded jacket. I will look into that. cheers

Comment

Agreed with Terry on the canteen, WTF
                      Is that ?and what belt is that? It looks like it's ment to be a Davis :s

Which means your belts too low :p
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SemperFi69 View Post
                        Agreed with Terry on the canteen, WTF
                        Is that ?and what belt is that? It looks like it's ment to be a Davis :s

Which means your belts too low :p

hadnt noticed the belt-looks Belgian or Dutch possibly.

Comment

The belt is a M1967 Davis Belt - stamps on reverse side. Luckily I do not go prone very often so it should'nt come undone.
                          Im unsure on the cantina carrier. It has US stamps on reverse but only 3 lines of vertical stiching... The rear text is to hard to read clearly. It still has the regular popper fastening flaps, but there tucked in for easy access.

Comment

From what i can see again sorry if being picky or for criticizing your kit but that aint no Davis buckle-not in a million years-also the belt isnt M1967-M1967 belts are Nylon like the later Alice belts.

Comment

in that case - I have no Idea lol.
                              Good job i only paid £15 inc p&p for the belt, pouches and cantina
                              It all does the job so im not worried. maybe the buckle was changed on the belt because it was the wrong way round when it arrived. plus the belt has a big US stamp on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by sniper34d View Post
                                in that case - I have no Idea lol.
                                Good job i only paid £15 inc p&p for the belt, pouches and cantina
                                It all does the job so im not worried. maybe the buckle was changed on the belt because it was the wrong way round when it arrived. plus the belt has a big US stamp on the back.
                                Not bad price wise then i guess.

The belt itself may be a US M56(U|S stamp should be on the front) but the buckles definately arent US or anything like any US pattern.Canteen cover also isnt US either but 2 ammo pouches,compass/ffd pouch and holster are US.

Did the holster come with the other bits for £15-if so result as the holster alone is worth £15:D:D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sniper34d Find out more about sniper34d
                                Working...
                                X