Clear All

Re: WW2 101st Airborne Kit

Just some more images from recent weeks

"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

Comment

Originally posted by watsit20 View Post
      Just some more images from recent weeks

By the way your holding the M1 your right handed, with that in mind the shoulder holster should be sitting on your left chest, this way you an actually draw your pistol with your right hand.

Comment

Aright, as a re-enactor ima bit of a nit-picker when it comes to ww2 load-outs.
        so 101st Abn didn't wear the flag on their arm.
        you'd want to fill that bandolier with something otherwise it just looks naff.
        swap the shoulder holster round so its on your left.
        use a Garand belt instead of a pistol with mag pouches if your gonna use a Garand.
        and dirty up your kit, it's to clean!
        :D

Comment

Originally posted by SurvivorAlex191 View Post
          Aright, as a re-enactor ima bit of a nit-picker when it comes to ww2 load-outs.
          so 101st Abn didn't wear the flag on their arm.
          you'd want to fill that bandolier with something otherwise it just looks naff.
          swap the shoulder holster round so its on your left.
          use a Garand belt instead of a pistol with mag pouches if your gonna use a Garand.
          and dirty up your kit, it's to clean!
          :D
          Also being a reenactor, i agree with all you points apart from the first!
          Theres very little evidence of 101st wearing flags during the Normandy invasion, so your right there. However, later in the war, particularily through Holland, alot of the 101st did start to wear the flag patch!

edit -
          Ive also just noticed that he is wearing a 101st Pathfinders badge (white tongue screaming eagle). There IS photographic evidence of the pathfinders wearing the flag during the early stages of the invasion

All other points still stand though! go roll in the mud :D
          Last edited by skapunkninja; 1 December, 2011, 22:08.

Comment

I'm trying to buy some en-bloc clips for my M1 but all the places I find are all out of stock :/

I use my thompson normally, i was just posing with my garand in the safe zone :D

I do agree, it does need to be a bit dirtier, but i'll work on that after christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by skapunkninja View Post
              Also being a reenactor, i agree with all you points apart from the first!
              Theres very little evidence of 101st wearing flags during the Normandy invasion, so your right there. However, later in the war, particularily through Holland, alot of the 101st did start to wear the flag patch!
              By which stage they would be wearing M43 uniforms, rather than M42.

And while i'm no expert on US kit, I believe I read somewhere the pathfinders displaying flags were drawn from the 82nd, who as a division, wore the stars & stripes into Normandy (and had previously in Italy, etc). Unlike the 101st who did so later for Market Garden.

Comment

Recently got some 8mm mags for my M1 so now, i can fill my bandolier with something. Also purchased a sling for both my Thompson and Garand

Comment

Really considering putting together a 101st Airborne loadout.

Maybe my next project
                  sigpic

Comment

if your considering buying 101st load out check out here http://goo.gl/VE253 and here http://goo.gl/yOfX7 and here http://goo.gl/JxsFM i got all this thinking of doing ww2 but never even got to try it on as i am going to uni D:

Comment

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

watsit20 Find out more about watsit20
                      Working...
                      X