Impression Guide: US Army Infantryman – Vietnam War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Impression Guide: US Army Infantryman – Vietnam War

I know this thread is old but I thought I'd ask my question here rather than start a whole new thread about it.

I'm looking at getting some new suspenders for my open day kit and while it's not specifically 'Nam themed I've always used an m56 belt to attach my kit to so I was wondering how good the m56 suspenders were. Does the kit move around a lot when you're running? specifically does it move up and down very much?

I've seen two styles of suspenders, the one piece style and the two piece style.

Anyone got experience with both and can give me some advice on which is better and why? The one piece look like they'd be more comfortable on the shoulders with the wider straps but the two piece has two hooks on the front of each strap rather than one to get a better attachment or some such.

Thanks for any help
    Voted sexiest man on the airsoft field - every damn time

Comment

Hello mate,

The set of suspenders on the left are the M56 style while those on the left are the M61 style used by the USMC during the earlier years of the Vietnam war. Having used both, I'd say that by far the more comfortable is the M56 pair. They have a small amount of inbuild cushioning (the M61 set have a remove pad available seperately) and are, as you can see, attached. The M61 set are designed to be worn in a X (cross) and I use a grenade ring to hold then together a bit better. With regards to moving up and down, since I used Vietnam era gear I can't compare them to modern webbing but I cerrtainly have no complaints.

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers,

Tom

Comment

Hey Tom

Thanks for your advice, it was exactly what I wanted and the answer was what I'd expected but I thought I'd check with people that had experiance.

Cheers
        Voted sexiest man on the airsoft field - every damn time

Comment

You're very welcome matey.

Cheers,

Tom

Comment

this threads getting me wet.

postman needs to hurry up!
            'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tomlegg Find out more about tomlegg
            Working...
            X