Impression Guide: US Army Infantryman – Vietnam War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Impression Guide: US Army Infantryman – Vietnam War

I'm a newbie Namsofter and there's still a few bits and bobs I need to finish a good loadout. Any advice on where to get a mitchell pattern helmet cover? I have an M1 helmet but it came with the newer woodland pattern (which i've still been using anyway). Thanks.

Comment

You can get them off ebay mate, or moore militaria. Thats where I got mine.

Comment

great loadouts Tom will have mine up shortley

Comment

Tom and I at War & Peace last week in our Early War Adviser gear.

Tom's setup is for the Thompson, mine for the M2 Carbine

Looking forward to seeing your pics of this too Tom!

Comment

Early Advisor gear ALWAYS rocks.

Here's mine from several years ago
            Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint....

Comment

Originally posted by demoncase View Post
              Early Advisor gear ALWAYS rocks.

Here's mine from several years ago
              Where are you there mate? Looks like you've just plonked yourself down in a park in full gear!

Comment

Ha, no- I was on the berm watching tanks crush things at Beltring several years ago.

Though Wolverhampton's rough, you don't always need an M79 to go down the park
                Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint....

Comment

This year I was down at the War and Peace show from Sunday 17th to the following Monday 25th. I was there with my fiancee Joe and my good friend Neil and his girl, Sue. Each day that Neil was there he and I tried to do a different Vietnam impression going from early war to late war. Heres what we came up with...

Monday - Late 1950s/early 1960s MAAG Advisors in duckhunters

Tuesday - Early war 1st Cavalry Division troopers in 'colourful' sateen utilites

Wednesday - Mid war. Me in 2nd pattern jungle shirt as a Cavalry trooper and Neil as a Petty Officer with the Naval Advisory Group

Thursday - Mid to late war. Me as Cavalry LT and Neil as a Junk Force Advisor

Friday - Late war and 'Apocalypse Now Day'. Me as Major with the 173rd Airborne Brigade and Neil and Captain Willard (formerly of the 173rd!)

Friday evening - Dance night. Me as a Captain with the Cavalry and Joe dressed in purple. Neil as Lt Col Kilgore himself with Sue in lovely a floral number.

Saturday - Late war two USMC NCOs in ERDLS (Neil in lime green dominant and me in brown dominant)

Sunday - Late war. Me as USMC NCO in lime green ERDLs and Neil as a US Air Force REMF in short sleeved 3rd pattern junlge fatigues.

Cheers all,

Tom

Comment

Start of my 'Nam loadout. All original M56 Webbing, Original Flak Jacket, and original M1 helmet. Just need to get the correct uniform, but this is what I'm using for the time being. I put the 1911 mag pouch on the right shoulder strap for easier mag changes. Using a Classic Army M15A1 as my primary, want to get a full metal 1911 next tho.

sigpic

Comment

few pics of myself and my mates..

Comment

Very nice and great to see some early gear being rocked as well! Keep up the good stuff,

Tom

Comment

I got my early stuff from you Tom! getting good use out of it :D

Comment

Excellent stuff - glad to see it in the flesh (so to speak). You coming to In Country down at ****** ***** this coming weekend?

Cheers,

Tom

Comment

I'll hopefully be down at CS this weekend, first Namsoft skirmish, very excited. Anyone else down?
                              G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                              RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Some nice loadouts on display here I have to say.

Where is everyone sourcing their m56 webbing ? I used to see set's on ebay all the time but now that I'm after a set I'm having trouble finding any that don't cost a fortune...
                                > Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tomlegg Find out more about tomlegg
                                Working...
                                X