Impression Guide: US Army Infantryman – Vietnam War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Impression Guide: US Army Infantryman – Vietnam War

Mine did, picked it up at W&P, £100 for belt, suspenders, Butt pack, 2 ammo pouches, canteen pouch and canteen and 3 Cell Thompson pouch
    G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
    RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

I've gotten most of my M56 gear either from eBay or from a couple of sellers in the US. Vietnam gear is getting much more popular and so the prices are going up and up. With eBay the key thing is patience. Keep searching under different things like, Vietnam pouch, US Army pouch, M56, M-1956, US Webbing and so on and so on. Also check out the WWII items from time to time as people mis-label M56 gear as WWII every now and then.

Hope this helps a bit guys,

Tom

Comment

What about SOF?

Comment

I had toyed with SOF but what is their postage and overall reliability like ?
          > Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

Well my SOF gear seems pretty decent in quality, bought mine face to face at War and Peace, but you do hear the horror stories about kit falling apart. Right now though, I'd recommend them, as you'll struggle to find a range like theirs in the UK. They are very keen to sell you as much as possible thought
            G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C

Comment

I've always liked SoF gear but if I'm 100% honest, I'd rather get the real deal stuff where possible. Having said that as Aeviv has said, where else in the UK can you currently get a full M56 set (repro or not) in stock and with multiple sets.

I particularly like SoF for things like the repro black leather holsters and other little touches that can really add something to a look or impression.

Comment

i got my complete webbing set you see in my picture for £100 at this years war and peace show. All original. Was going to buy the repro stuff for £65. but eh

Got the original flak vest on ebay for a steal at £30

Most stuff on ebay can be expensive. so id suggest going to places like the War and Peace.
                sigpic

Comment

I would but it would be quite a swim ;D

I'm going for an authentic SEAL loadout and have a genuine issued ERDL shirt and some 501's etc for it so I'm really just lacking the webbing at the minute but it looks like I'm probably just going to have to bite the bullet and fork out that bit extra for a genuine set.

Would like a few 5.56 inert Bullet belts as well but most places are having a laugh with what they're charging for small quantity of empty brass...
                  > Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

I'm in the process of building an M16A1 from G&P external parts, but then I need everything else, so I was thinking of at least the ODs and webbing from SOF.

Comment

i may have repo webbing parts soon swapping them out for the real deal because im joining a reenacting group ! but ideal for airsoft pm me if interested

http://www.ukaircav.com

Comment

Taken at InCountry 9 "the Iron triangle" at ****** ***** Woodland

All three of us in repro trousers. 1 original shirt 2 repro. All of us have original M1956 pouches, canvas H-Straps ,canvas bottle holders and buttsack.
                        CA M14 and M16A1s +WE1911A1s Original M1 mich covers with repro Death cards and Marlboro/camel cig packets (ratpack 4s not 10s )

Comment

Excellent photo Nick! You guys all rocked at IC9. Can't wait for the next one

Comment

Originally posted by tomlegg View Post
                            Excellent photo Nick! You guys all rocked at IC9. Can't wait for the next one
                            I second that LT. Nick, your lads were a pleasure to play alongside. Can't wait for the next IC or the next Nam event.

Comment

my gear, havn't been airsofting in a year now, but im rocking that at GZ!

Comment

Originally posted by 101stairborne-506 View Post
                                my gear, havn't been airsofting in a year now, but im rocking that at GZ!
                                I will be using my nam Kit at GZ too, anyone else? there also state which team too! I will be with my team (they will not be in nam kit ) Will post up a picture of my early war kit soon. I am on the others
                                sigpic

Никто, кроме нас
                                Nobody, but us

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tomlegg Find out more about tomlegg
                                Working...
                                X