The Falklands 1982

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Falklands 1982

Just arrived and unpacked,over the moon but havent given it a good going over so hope everything is complete etc.

Took a gamble on this,pretty much bought unseen but couldnt be happier that it turned out to be what I hoped it was and even better the date on it!!!!

Apart from slightly rusty buckles due to storage in pretty much mint condition.

Comment

Excellent reference pics Rusty. Best I've seen!

Originally posted by SBS Rusty View Post
      SAS 'Pebble Island Raid' Impression

Comment

Were there any issue gaiters at the time or were all private purchase jobbies?

Thanks

Comment

I think they were largely private purchase ones but most i've seen in pics look pretty much the same as the old 90s issue OG ones.

The army have a habit of nicking the design of anything like that that becomes stupidly popular as private purchase and making issues ones... the bergan being a point in case.. cant rememeber the model its a rip off of but the issue bergan was pretty much stolen design wise.

Comment

Cheers Gadge.

Reason I asked is that for years now(packed away so cannot name them exactly)have had a pair of DPM and OG ones which were of identical construction etc but have recently picked up another pair of OG ones,this time quite different and labelled as-

GAITERS,SNOW,MKII and wasnt sure what era these were from.

- - - Updated - - -

Regarding the Bergen(have one somewhere) some were trialled/issued,made by Berghaus but apparently were too expensive to buy so the MOD nicked the best features of it and made their own which had 2-3 different evolutions before being adapted as the PLCE bergen first in OG then slightly modified again in DPM.

Comment

Fantastic Gear Guys!

Im Considering Doing a Falklands Impression myself, I would Do an RM one (dad was in Falklands) but can't afford An SLR so I might do an SBS as Ive Based my Latest Impression on SBS from Kabul in 2010, Good thing is for me that i have a Vast store of information, history and gear from my Old man (not sure why he still has most of it), any other info or pics would be great thanks!

-Phoenix-
              "God Is Airborne.....Because he failed his PRMC"

-Per Mare Per Terram- HM Royal Marines
              -By Strength And Guile- Special Boat Service

Comment

with the cost of Airsoft and Deactivated SLR's gone with this for my wall. Scale 1/1.
                IMG_0309.jpgIMG_0310.jpgIMG_0312.jpgIMG_0313.jpg

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Brandon 35 Years old been playing airsoft since i was 9- the days before AEGs were the norm. Find out more about Brandon
                Working...
                X