Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

1980s British Army rifle platoon (understrenght)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1980s British Army rifle platoon (understrenght)

hay ive seen most of your work in the airsoft action magazine cold war warriors, im intrested in where is a good place to look for that kind of original kit pattern 69 and what not, you wouldnt by any chance know any good places to start, cheers and keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by the_antihero_99 View Post
      hay ive seen most of your work in the airsoft action magazine cold war warriors, im intrested in where is a good place to look for that kind of original kit pattern 69 and what not, you wouldnt by any chance know any good places to start, cheers and keep up the good work
      Not sure what the rules are for mentioning other companies are on here, but I get most of my stuff from a big online auction site. '68 pattern jackets are fairly cheap, and you can pick up DMS boots and modern lightweight trouser from army surplus shops. Militaria shows are a good place to pick up '58 pattern webbing (due to the weight), as there's tons of it around. You should be able to pick up a full set in good order for under £20.

Comment

i dont know if this has been coverd before but what is the best airsoft l1a1 slr overall i know that star/ares/ and king arms made them, im just looking for the best possible choice cause there is little to no reviews at all on them

p.s does the ares have proprietary parts ?

cheers lads

Comment

back row, second from left. is that hendrix of grab graphics I spy?!
          The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Yep thats him, he's recently been 'commissioned' in the team to platoon commander

Comment

What kind of trousers are those that you are wearing guys?? i want some good trousers for my falklands para loadout.

Comment

Big mix.

The general team line is either 68 pattern dpm, pre 85 windrpoof DPM or lightweights. For private battle no one really minds if someone wears 85 or 90 pattern but for living history we try and keep it all circa 83/84.

The cheap option is OG lightweights but 68 pattern is still easy enough to find. We probably wouldnt have a massive issue with 85 pattern kit but its dire and i wouldnt wish it on my enemies....

Comment

Got some lightweights now for my trousers.

SMG wise for falklands i was thinking of an AGM MK2 Sten with the silencer kit from shoot n scoot?? apparently the SBS were using them down there at the time so could get away with it?

Comment

they would have been using the silenced sterling, both sides used them in the falklands. It looks *similar* from a distance and wont look awful but you really want a sterling... shame no one makes one yet. we've one in out group but its a custom build.

Quite different from the sten in a lot of ways, most notably the underfolding stock, more cylindrical body and the curved magazine (out of shot).

Comment

Yeah i know about the Sterling mate but i know they are not made! i had heard that apparently some members of the SBS has used silenced sten guns during the campaign!!

Its a shame they dont do a stirling SMG somewhere. Im guessing that there were no shotguns involved in the Falkands either, kinda want a CQB or shorter weapon to go on my back along with my gigantic FAL.

Comment

No, there were no silenced stens used on op corporate. Sorry.

Comment

I've not heard of any Stens in the Falklands, but I do know an old matelot who swears that he saw one of the SBS guys with a WW2 Welrod!

Comment

Yeah hes spot on with the Welrod. An SAS lad from a B Squadron patrol that intended to infiltrate Argentina ahead of 'Operation Mikado' to set up an OP watching Rio Grande Airbase carried one. So good at its job that even by the Gulf War one of the Bravo Two Zero lads (Vince Phillips IIRC) had wanted one to take along.

@ Rogerio. If you really fancy the idea of a suppressed smg for a Falklands impression consider the SAS brought along suppressed MP5s on the Pebble Island raid.
                            Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

Yeah your load out would be great with that.

Windproof smock, lightweights, balaclava or boonie with bits of scrm sewn to it, jungle boots and an mp5! That could be pretty cool.

Comment

I've seen pictures of SBS guys in the Falklands armed with XM177s too.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gadge Europa Find out more about Gadge Europa
                                Working...
                                X