Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

1980s British Army rifle platoon (understrenght)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1980s British Army rifle platoon (understrenght)

famous pic of Hugh McManners the FOO using one too and some of the SAS guys on pebble island.

weirdly the marines found them less useful than the SLR. At Top Malo house they found the gimpy and slr were 'putting down' enemies but the high velocity m16s were just punching through people and not doing enough damage.

Comment

It wasn't the XM177s, McManners & some of the SBS used the M653 (aka M16A1 Carbine) during the Falklands.
      Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

Ah right nice one guys thanks for the information, i am looking for a second weapon to go with my FN FAL. Ideally id love an SLR but i dont think i have seen one for aaaaages! apaprently they are tough to get hold of but i do love my FAL so i will stick with that for now. Yeah a CAR-15 or cut down m16/m4 looks like the way to go for me if i did get a secondary as i really am not a fan of the mp5 for some reason just never have really liked it much.

Is the Welrod an enfield by any chance??

Comment

Here's stuff on the Welrod

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg/bri...-silent-e.html

welrod.jpg
          Originally posted by palmer234
          Swerve talks sense. I like him.
          Originally posted by Robin-Hood
          Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

The 'enfield' you've probably got in mind is the L42 sniper rifle used up to the mid 80s. Thats pretty much an accurised and lightened No4

Comment

Any idea where i can get the mkv helmet chaps? I have had a look online but i cant seem to find any!

Using my 80s loadout this sunday for the first time. Old dpm para reg parka, lightweights, type 58 webbing, fn fal and browning hi power. Gonna just have to go with black wooly hat for now. Id love to get a pistol holster for my 58 webbing but they seem rare. Any other alternative i could use??

Comment

Originally posted by Rogerio134 View Post
                Any idea where i can get the mkv helmet chaps? I have had a look online but i cant seem to find any!
                MkIV is the same shape, just a different liner, if you find one of those. There are quite a few on a popular auction website at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselmonkey View Post
                  MkIV is the same shape, just a different liner, if you find one of those. There are quite a few on a popular auction website at the moment.
                  Thankyou, i have also seen a 58 webbing holster on a popular auction site which will go very nicely on my belt and go a way to completing my loadout.

Comment

Thankyou, i have also seen a 58 webbing holster on a popular auction site which will go very nicely on my belt and go a way to completing my loadout.
                    Far as I'm aware, the only noticeable difference is the rivet position on the sides, but if you're doing 80's Brit, it should have a net on, and be covered in loads of scrim all over it, so you won't see that when it's done.

Comment

Dont put a pistol holster on your webbing, it will look rubbish.

Pistols were really only ever worn on a belt alone for either vehicle check points or senior officers. If your 58 pattern webbing is set up properly you simply wont have room for it.

I appreciate you may need one for MED range shooting but keep it on a lanyard in a smock inner pocket if you can.

If you're going for a historical impression you'll wreck it putting a pistol holster on your CEFO

- - - Updated - - -

Note the initial pic, evo and I wear 58 holsters but we dont wear *anything* else on our webbing as we were company HQ at that event.

Comment

Originally posted by Gadge Europa View Post
                        Dont put a pistol holster on your webbing, it will look rubbish.

Pistols were really only ever worn on a belt alone for either vehicle check points or senior officers. If your 58 pattern webbing is set up properly you simply wont have room for it.

I appreciate you may need one for MED range shooting but keep it on a lanyard in a smock inner pocket if you can.

If you're going for a historical impression you'll wreck it putting a pistol holster on your CEFO

- - - Updated - - -

Note the initial pic, evo and I wear 58 holsters but we dont wear *anything* else on our webbing as we were company HQ at that event.
                        Fair enough mate, i am getting the webbing out tonight to have a good look at it and sort it all out for the weekend anyways as i havent really had the chance to sort it all out yet, might have a look to see if it will fit in one of the large pouches on the webbing as i dont really carry much gear with me just my rifle and about 6 mags (3 hi cap 3 mid)

Comment

Having mulled it over for the two years I've been playing, I've gone for a 1980's Brit load out, and between this and the Falklands thread, I've got loads more inspiration!
                          What's the chances of grabbing a cap badge from you guys, I could start a Midlands platoon :-D

Comment

We've actually got a massive shortage of cap badges at the moment, we're waiting for a new load to be cast up.

About five of us in RUR are in the midlands, Blaine, Evo and I are in Nottingham

Come and join us in April for 'operation cut throat' at tuddenham... always do with new riflemen.

Comment

I would quite like to join as well actually if you dont mind me having a FAL

Comment

I would quite like to join as well actually if you dont mind me having a FAL
                                Not in the slightest, we appreciate L1A1's are expensive and rare! a FAL's about the next best thing.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gadge Europa Find out more about Gadge Europa
                                Working...
                                X