Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Malaya & Borneo Impressions... showing the world how jungle warfare is done properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Malaya & Borneo Impressions... showing the world how jungle warfare is done prop

I'll send Mick a message over the weekend, i wont send it tonight as he's not that sprighlty anymore and tends to go to bed early.

He's got some cracking photos, i'll ask him if he minds me copying them and uploading them here.

Fantastic guy, heart of gold but a real warrior. Thats why i think its a real shame that nobody does groups to remember the regular bods on 'claret' missions, i'm planning to go spend some time with him soon and tape all his stories.

Comment

Re: Malaya & Borneo Impressions... showing the world how jungle warfare is done prop

Cheers, that sounds great. I imagine there's a lot of knowledge and stories getting lost. I met a ex chopper pilot a few years ago who seemed amazed that I was interested about his time there. I got talking to him when he was looking at a old map of Sarawak in a cafe after finding it in a junk shop.

Does anyone happen to know anything about this type of ammo pouch by the way, I think it's 80's early 90's ish era, so off topic but didn't think anyone would mind seeing something a bit odd.

Have a label inside with manufactures details in H fine & son, address etc an Ref which is blank. Looking at there site it seems they make legit kit and stuff for foreign militaries, so could be from anywhere really. Seems to be made of 58 pattern material an fixings, an have a 58 ammo pouch type slanted c clip on the reverse.

Again sorry if the seller is around for stealing your auction pic. My cameras knackered, feel free to tell me to take it down and I will.

Comment

My friend said he's more than happy for me to share his pics.

So here we go. He's also happy to answer any questions if they bring up any enquiries.

Comment

And a few more.

Comment

I asked him about what the CTs wore. Direct copy of my answer from the facebook convo we were having so excuse any typos.

"they clothing was not unlike ours weapons were anything from SMGs to 762 rifles we see the SMG made by carl gustav if they got hold of them from the Dutch as undoubtley they did they could have box mags or 50 round drum mags
            Id on hat would depend on unit normaly but red star for commie as they were so you have just about hit the nail on the head ww11 and when they took on the dutch and stole kit"

Comment

Those photos are excellent, thank your friend for sharing them from me.

Am I imagining it or is the fellow far left in the last photo of the first set wearing a mac? Are those Wessex helicopters also does anyone know, I'm pretty sure the chap I met flew them. Sorry for all the questions I'm still a bit new to the era.

I love L4's, I spotted in a video a few weeks ago a slr with a Bren mag attached an got wishing someone would knock up a airsoft Bren.

Comment

Hi,

Fantastic photos Gadge.......many thanks for posting them.

I've posted a couple showing from Borneo era......

a) The regular Indonesian Army preparing for a cross border excursion.

b) Indonesian's practising jungle warfare...Note armed with British sten.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gadge Europa Find out more about Gadge Europa
                Working...
                X