do they even use it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: do they even use it?

And they do fire under water as well, also shoots whilst being removed from water.
    Plenty of 'homegrown' videos on YouTube to prove it.
    As a tool, the glock is ok, it shoots.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Pretty sure group were using sig 228s or 229s in Northern Ireland decades ago. At the end of the day how many blokes in the green army have actually used a pistol in anger.

Most lads barely get any time to practice to even get confident letalone skilled with a pistol. Bets on a loggie to have the first ND with the new glock thing.

Comment

Scarily the navy uses pistols more!
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Pretty sure there is no L22A2, just the A1. Interesting use of the folding grip you seen on tactical AKs a lot. Never before seen one issued, look closely:

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
            Scarily the navy uses pistols more!
            I wouldnt trust them to shape a beret, handling any sort of weapon is indeed a scary thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
            Pretty sure there is no L22A2, just the A1. Interesting use of the folding grip you seen on tactical AKs a lot. Never before seen one issued, look closely:

Would definately be an a2 from when H&k sorted them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rifleman93 View Post
              I wouldnt trust them to shape a beret, handling any sort of weapon is indeed a scary thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Better still, most are a better shot than a good few of the combat lot! Go figure.
              Although, when an optag is on the cards, you do spend a few weeks with the bootys to make sure you are reasonably knowledgable, including flying a fair few 9mils down range.

Comment

Originally posted by Rifleman93 View Post

H&K made these to the same level as the L85A2, but the L22A1 designation was used as there was no un-upgraded model as such. These L22A1s were largely produced from converted L86A1 LSWs, and since there was no L22 type gun before, the converted guns were simply L22A1. In short, the L22A1 is the equivalent of the L85A2/L85A2 - the L22A1 is an entirely new weapon in terms of official designation having been re manufactured from L86A1 weapons by H&K - they were not upgraded, more manufactured for the first time.

There is lots of conflicting data about, but I have never seen one stamped L22A2, railed or not. It would appear than the confusion comes from the charging handles and RAS system. Some images show an L22 style gun, with A1 charging handle and single RIS type rail up front. These are wrongly labeled L22A1, and are in fact the never-adopted L85A1 SA80 carbines. This makes some people believe newer L22s with L85A2 charging handles and tei-rail systems are L22A2s - they are in fact standard L22A1s.

But, as I said, there is no definite answer it seems. I may be totally wrong!
                Last edited by Apurturesci; 26 January, 2013, 22:46.

Comment

Chinook pilots and apache crews use them, merlin crews use the standard A2 with Ris and Susat and we are now issued Glock, but never used them in theatre.

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                    H&K made these to the same level as the L85A2, but the L22A1 designation was used as there was no un-upgraded model as such. These L22A1s were largely produced from converted L86A1 LSWs, and since there was no L22 type gun before, the converted guns were simply L22A1. In short, the L22A1 is the equivalent of the L85A2/L85A2 - the L22A1 is an entirely new weapon in terms of official designation having been re manufactured from L86A1 weapons by H&K - they were not upgraded, more manufactured for the first time.

There is lots of conflicting data about, but I have never seen one stamped L22A2, railed or not. It would appear than the confusion comes from the charging handles and RAS system. Some images show an L22 style gun, with A1 charging handle and single RIS type rail up front. These are wrongly labeled L22A1, and are in fact the never-adopted L85A1 SA80 carbines. This makes some people believe newer L22s with L85A2 charging handles and tei-rail systems are L22A2s - they are in fact standard L22A1s.

But, as I said, there is no definite answer it seems. I may be totally wrong!
                    Almost everything you have said is wrong. They were not L86's converted, are designated L22A2's, original Enfield factory name was SA80K. All weapons upgraded by H&K are A2 designated

Comment

Also, the L86 didn't exist before HK got a hold of the SA80 platform.

Comment

I did say that I may be wrong, do you have any source? I couldn't find a definitive answer anywhere.

Comment

23 years repairing the damn things

Comment

Fair enough, I was mainly going by what people were saying on ARRSE - not a whole lot of knowledge on the SA80 family out there.

Comment

Yes it is. I have used it out on ops for driving.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

uKSpirit Find out more about uKSpirit
                              Working...
                              X