Op Herrick 08 Afghanistan - Help me complete it please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Op Herrick 08 Afghanistan - Help me complete it please

Ok so i have decided to complete my afghanistan loadout once and for all.

This was my first attempt at it.

looks more like tHE Gulf War right? haha

so i bought mtp....

bought to get a whole loadout in MTP requires a ton of money so ill wait for that. plus they hardly use the l86 any more,

lately i aquired a SUSAT and MK,6 helmet (thanks to sickly pilot ofc)
    but first heres my old mich 2000 helmet

it has cateyes on it , with an old inner tube held together with duct tape , DDPM helmet cover and scrim ,

now heres my mk6

and susat

so heres my plan ........

im goingto get the following things to finish it once and for all

Helmet nvg mount

NI Patrol Pack 30l

Osprey mk,2

and whip antenna but i have no idea where to get it :/

im basing it around the bloke on the right firing his GPMG

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

Are you going for specifically OH 8? Because MTP wasn't used then, and I know my unit didn't the the L86 either. Oh and the helmet used during that your was the Mk 6a, not that it that noticeable from just looking at you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Op Herrick 08 Afghanistan - Help me complete it please

woops i know i still basing it on DDPM and i have a MK6A

Comment

Anyone got anymore advice

Comment

Loose the RM patch!! Grumble, grumble!!!
          sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Check out the British forces thread on miltiaryphotos.net for some good source photos. Lose the PMag for a STANAG one for that era, or if going for alittle later, an EMag. PLCE webbing and MK3 osprey seem to have been used in tandem judging by a few photos, and DPM shirts/smocks were also mixed with ddpm gear to break up the outline. I tend to favour the later setups, when brit forces got all the cool toys, but that's what springs to mind for me.

Edit: You'd have to double check the times, but I think US Choc chip camo netting on helmets might have been in vogue around then too. A kneepad and ZAP/bloodgroup markered in places might be good too. Also seen pictures of the DDPM and black leather gloves from before Oakleys became the order of the day.

Comment

Here are some phots for reference from Op Herrick 9 with Lima Company, 42 Commando from September 08 - April 09

if you have any questions on anything then feel free to ask

Comment

thanks for that guys , im not using the MTP shirt anyway, im going to wait until MTP become alot cheaper ^^ however i had pmags because i thought i was going to do a mtp loadout but i fell back in love with DPM .

As for the NVG mount will it fit?? because i really aint keen on psagt helmet nvg mounts ......

Im going sort of what the royal anglians wore in Ross Kemp in Afghanistan,

and will it really matter not getting a bowman headset , since i dont even have a radio .... and would it matter not getting a whip antenna ?

Comment

Originally posted by curlyrocks View Post
                  thanks for that guys , im not using the MTP shirt anyway, im going to wait until MTP become alot cheaper ^^ however i had pmags because i thought i was going to do a mtp loadout but i fell back in love with DPM .

As for the NVG mount will it fit?? because i really aint keen on psagt helmet nvg mounts ......

Im going sort of what the royal anglians wore in Ross Kemp in Afghanistan,

and will it really matter not getting a bowman headset , since i dont even have a radio .... and would it matter not getting a whip antenna ?

Aren't the antenna for ECM anyway?
                  Buy my stuff!

Comment

sorry but ECM , i know im a newbie

Comment

ECM - headset and sub in a couple of breeze blocks for the same weight!
                      sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Anyone happen to know at what point the L85A2 started being given Surefire flash hiders? I figure the DD RIS was late-2008 based on the sort of dates you see on them and when they started cropping up in pictures - know there was a B&T one around before them though.

Partly out of simple curiousity, partly to try and date some pictures I have on my PC, although I can't remember where I saved them from.

Comment

ross kemp was on herrick 6 mate, and they are radio anttennas mate
                          boobies make me smile

Comment

woops my bad haha i really am a newbie but he said it was op herrick 8 so my bad.

Comment

I believe kemp also did some of op herrick 9 with 45 Commando up at Kajaki dam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

curlyrocks Find out more about curlyrocks
                              Working...
                              X