Yay with whiskey company , I heard they didnt har one death on their tour

Comment

Originally posted by odball View Post
      ross kemp was on herrick 6 mate, and they are radio anttennas mate
      He was on Herrick 8 and part of 9 too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Op Herrick 08 Afghanistan - Help me complete it please

Ok let's go back to main topic haha well i ordered a mich 2000 nvg mount , will it fit my mk6 helmet ?? and should I lose the rubber around the mk6 helmet and put on sniper tape or should I keep what I have got going ?

Comment

If your mount is the same as mine, which I think it is, you may find an issue with the rear clip interfering with the rear metal chinstrap loop. Might fit through though. I've never tried putting my strapping on my MK6. Mine's currently zip tied to the cover, as it's cosmetic only.

And I'd sub the rubber for sniper tape, looks more legit in my opinion.

Comment

Oh yeah I never though about te rear thing however I did. Not understand what you were talking about when you zip ties it I the cover do you possibly have any photos ?

Comment

I'd go for the tape

British troops have used both rubber an tape round the rim of the helmets on ops, the problem with rubber is that there is the possibility of it melting from the heat of an ied blast, so that was banned, around H10 I believe, despite my protests of " if I'm close enough to an ied blast that it can melt my rubber band round my helmet, my face having melted rubber on it is going to be the last of my worries"

Tape however has also been banned recently, some pish about it degrading the effectiveness of the MTP pattern, resulting in your head being a more visible target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Hill View Post
                Tape however has also been banned recently, some pish about it degrading the effectiveness of the MTP pattern, resulting in your head being a more visible target.
                because it creates a solid break through the camouflage therefore silhouetting your face against the straight line of the tape around the helmet because the eye notices straight lines as they are not in nature, something like that

Comment

YEah I heard about it on "ARRSE " however the troops at thy need the tape because the helmet covers don't fit

Comment

I read the thread title and thought the RAF had left you off the manifest.

Comment

left me ?? :P

Comment

The NVG mount for a US ACH helmet while it looks similar is a different shape to the British version so not sure how it will fit a Mk6 or 6A Im afraid.

Did you say you were after a 30lit Patrol Pack and antenna,if so might be able to help.

Comment

thanks but i just ordered everything but im seriously worred about the nvg mount

Comment

anyone used that one for their mk6 helmet?

Comment

found a way i can attach the rear attachment , all i have to do it tape it to the rear of the helmet :P

Comment

wait you said it would not fit however i found this on a belgium airsofting forum and they all seemed to have the same rear retention straps :/

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

curlyrocks Find out more about curlyrocks
                                Working...
                                X