Wanting a Budget British loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wanting a Budget British loadout

If you're thinking of wearing An S10, (or any gas mask) make sure it's been converted to resist BB's, as for a mask, just go for a lower mesh with, if you think it neccessary, a bandana or shemagh around it. Also, have to say it's great to see new guys setting up Brit loadouts, and not yank ones, after all, we've got the best soldiers and always have had, so lets emulate, them!....good luck with the airsofting, it's great..
    "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by steve grey View Post
      If you're thinking of wearing An S10, (or any gas mask) make sure it's been converted to resist BB's, as for a mask, just go for a lower mesh with, if you think it neccessary, a bandana or shemagh around it. Also, have to say it's great to see new guys setting up Brit loadouts, and not yank ones, after all, we've got the best soldiers and always have had, so lets emulate, them!....good luck with the airsofting, it's great..
      Yeah i have put some 2mm airsoft lenses in (Stopped my 550fps M24 from point blank) and then just going to have a bandana or something to cover my neck unless someone else has suggestions?
      A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him

Comment

Its a straw in the front, you also need one of the old osprey bottles , the black eggs with the right hole in top OR you can just dunk the straw in a drink :p

Found a fairly simple vid on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuAJhmwQPC0

Its got appalling music, but hey, cant have everything , and it's easier than trying to type it out.
        Last edited by Muppetdaze; 19 March, 2014, 17:37. Reason: Additional
        sigpic.
        Never underestimate the power of human stupidity......................................... ..
        Especially mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Muppetdaze View Post
          Its a straw in the front, you also need one of the old osprey bottles , the black eggs with the right hole in top OR you can just dunk the straw in a drink :p

Found a fairly simple vid on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuAJhmwQPC0

Its got appalling music, but hey, cant have everything , and it's easier than trying to type it out.
          Alright i shall look ina bit Here's a picture of the current loadout...NL Black gloves on the way and a ACOG.. (Which has been 3 weeks.) >.> 2014-03-20 17-01-36.348.jpg 2014-03-20 17-01-16.317.jpg

Camera on the helmet is a cheapish (Yet alright quality) SJ1000
          Last edited by Fizzy; 20 March, 2014, 17:39. Reason: Retailer removed
          A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him

Comment

Originally posted by DatJames View Post
            Yeah i have put some 2mm airsoft lenses in (Stopped my 550fps M24 from point blank) and then just going to have a bandana or something to cover my neck unless someone else has suggestions?
            Depends what yur loadout is, if it's black kit you could use an S10 Flash Hood.
            The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

I just checked my mask and i realized it has a like plug in it..How do i get this out? DSC00152.jpg

EDIT: Used a thumbtac..Pushed it into the rubber and lodged it out and now the pipe works fine..No idea why the rubber was in there in the first place but eh..
              Last edited by DatJames; 20 March, 2014, 21:04.

Comment

No idea why the rubber was in there in the first place but eh..
                It's to stop any nasty stuff getting into your drinking straw, and then you......
                sigpic.
                Never underestimate the power of human stupidity......................................... ..
                Especially mine.

Comment

I just checked my mask and i realized it has a like plug in it..How do i get this out? [ATTACH=CONFIG]113035[/ATTACH]

EDIT: Used a thumbtac..Pushed it into the rubber and lodged it out and now the pipe works fine..No idea why the rubber was in there in the first place but eh..
                  Probably to stop gas going up there and ending up in your mouth, thus rendering a gasmask pretty useless.
                  JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Originally posted by N_Scooby View Post
                    Probably to stop gas going up there and ending up in your mouth, thus rendering a gasmask pretty useless.
                    Hm..Makes sense.. >.> Ah well lol

Comment

It's also always a good idea when you have an s10 to make sure it's the right size for you. They come in three standard sizes.. 1, 2, & 3. I think 3 is the smallest, dunno long time since i needed to know

Comment

Originally posted by Gadge Europa View Post
                        It's also always a good idea when you have an s10 to make sure it's the right size for you. They come in three standard sizes.. 1, 2, & 3. I think 3 is the smallest, dunno long time since i needed to know
                        I think you are correct :P I have no idea what size mine is but with a little adjusting it fits fine

Comment

Yeah i have put some 2mm airsoft lenses in
                          I gotta ask, Where did you get the lenses? afaik the standard S6 and S10 lenses were as tough as hell anyway, but it'd be nice to know more
                          Especially as I missed NBC sharpshooter qualification by one shot, and the hadn't actually issued me with my respirator specs at the time ( available from D&H btw, fits right in, and can be lensed with almost anything ( reactolites)

only problem with them is that they're heavy and even with a 'tampered with ' cannister' they're not too free to breathe but I gotta admit they look great as part of costume, ( or load-out as it seems to be called here )
                          sigpic.
                          Especially mine.

Comment

Already got two infractions from posting links here so rather not do that again..But if you Youtube "S10 lenses vs airsoft gun" and click the result 1 down from the top (Should be 1 minute 7 seconds long) There the same lenses i have fitted

EDIT: Before someone comments "Well they seem pointless! You're never going to get shot point blank by a L96" I am fully aware of this..But i tested my lenses with a 350 fps Ares L85 (As shown in my loadout pictures) and it left dents and marks on the standard lenses whereas nothing was left on the 2mm Lexan..Which is good because i like to see where i am going :P

Comment

when it comes to eye pro, i don't trust anything other than polycarbonate, i've even ripped out the mesh from my full face and replaced that with polycarbonate and as for the s10 lenses try ebay or take the lenses out and use them as a sample to make your own out of polycarbonate aka lexan, google is your friend there.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by LukeCDC View Post
                                when it comes to eye pro, i don't trust anything other than polycarbonate, i've even ripped out the mesh from my full face and replaced that with polycarbonate and as for the s10 lenses try ebay or take the lenses out and use them as a sample to make your own out of polycarbonate aka lexan, google is your friend there.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
                                ...I am using lexan...Did you read the above posts?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DatJames Find out more about DatJames
                                Working...
                                X