Wanting a Budget British loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wanting a Budget British loadout

With regards to the webbing, i'm loathe to link you to anywhere as people get overly zealous about links but. If you look on the army rumor services own version of wikipedia there are plenty of (quite amusing) guides to setting up webbing properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Gadge Europa View Post
      With regards to the webbing, i'm loathe to link you to anywhere as people get overly zealous about links but. If you look on the army rumor services own version of wikipedia there are plenty of (quite amusing) guides to setting up webbing properly.
      Cheers i shall look..And i tried all my gear on today and had a little mess around and i found something out i didn't consider before..I cannot aim with the S10 on because when i like try to look down my ACOG the mask bumps the gun so i cant get low enough..Ideas or am i just going to have to wear those airsoft glasses things? :s Also need some electrical tape for my webbing belt thing as there seems to be no-way to adjust and its way too big..Apart from that all is well (Apart from the webbing also still being a mess)
      A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him

Comment

Belts come in three sizes, you have the wrong size belt in this case.

When we had to shoot with SUSAT and a respirator we used to pull the rubber eye cup off the susat to be able to get a good sight picture. I don't know if you can do that with an acog.

The *really* simple fix (and one i guaranteee you will adopt after your first game in an S10) is to use shooting glasses

At the risk of breaking some arcane rule and being told off by an overzealous mod on a powertrip... here you go

http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/The_Basics

Comment

Belts come in three sizes, you have the wrong size belt in this case.

When we had to shoot with SUSAT and a respirator we used to pull the rubber eye cup off the susat to be able to get a good sight picture. I don't know if you can do that with an acog.

The *really* simple fix (and one i guaranteee you will adopt after your first game in an S10) is to use shooting glasses

At the risk of breaking some arcane rule and being told off by an overzealous mod on a powertrip... here you go

http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/The_Basics
          Alright i shall try to find out what belt mine is and find a size down..And i cannot do that with the ACOG :/ I tried moving it forward on my rail but still no use so shooting glasses it'll have to be

EDIT: Reading the link you sent and i thank you so much..Needed a laugh :P Also its useful which is a plus
          A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him

Comment

ARRSE is very funny, about twenty times more so if you've served any time in green and get the obscure jokes. However, never, ever, ever, ever , ever (etc etc) be tempted to post on there. Not even for a bet, not for a laugh... it will end badly.

Comment

...Turns out according to the link my webbing is in the correct order o: Got 2 ammo pouches on the far right which fit all the mags i need (4 midcaps, my field allows 600 bbs max a time and that + the one in the gun add upto 600 exactly) then i have a utility pouch for the canteen (Okay so the pouches aren't the correct style but shh) The middle i have a bag of spare ammo + speed loader then i don't know what to put in last one on far left..Ideas?

Comment

Far left? At work, so I can't look at the link right now, but my ammo pouches were on the left hip... I think! Going back some years though...

Aiming in an S10 is the devil with iron sights, not as bad with SUSAT. I was one point away from my marksmanship badge because I dropped a few shots in the NBC shoot. Hate'em! Airsoft googles all the way sir!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post
                  Far left? At work, so I can't look at the link right now, but my ammo pouches were on the left hip... I think! Going back some years though...

Aiming in an S10 is the devil with iron sights, not as bad with SUSAT. I was one point away from my marksmanship badge because I dropped a few shots in the NBC shoot. Hate'em! Airsoft googles all the way sir!

I only have 1 ammo pouch (Well its like 2 that merge into one) And they hold my ammo easily on my right hip (I don't need another for left because as i said above my site only allows 600 bbs at a time) Then i have my Canteen in the next pouch inwards and then a pouch with a speedloader and a bag of bbs for mid-game reloads.. But i still have one pouch left after that so should i just take it off or is there anything else i would need?

Comment

Generally, as with an ops vest, you want your ammo on your left hip so you can get to it with your off hand easily and keep your right on the weapon/aeg.

The right pouch IIRC (forgive me its like 15 years since i wore PLCE) would be for section ammo for the LSW, bandoliered ammo and grenades.

Like I say, last time i packed a set of PLCE was about 2001.

Comment

My PLCE '95 pouches held three mags each. Get yaself three midcaps with 100 in each. No rattle when you get your Linfords on 😁

Comment

If you dont *need* any extra pouches and you're not going for an accurate loadout then dont put one on for the sake of it, you'll only fill it with toss you dont need.

- - - Updated - - -

I think my ops vest held six mags on the left. The right was larger pouches that could hold more stuff. I can barely remember if the right PLCE ammo pouch was divided like the left or not. Every pic of me I have 'back in the day' I've either got my webbing in a pile on the floor, you can barely make it out or its hanging up on the wagon.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have a spare pouch put a goretex jacket in it. That way if it pisses it down mid game you dont end up sitting all shivery in the safe zone...

Comment

[QUOTE=Gadge Europa;1296889]If you dont *need* any extra pouches and you're not going for an accurate loadout then dont put one on for the sake of it, you'll only fill it with toss you dont need.

Alright i will do that then..Also instead of ditching the S10 for glasses/goggles (Would really like to keep a full face mask..If the S10 does become too much i have a regular airsoft full face mask) Would a 20mm Raiser mount work? Something like the: ASG Airsoft M4/M16 Riser Rail.. (Cant link due to Forum rules but you can google)

Comment

Like you can *barely* see out webbing here:

and this is me with my webbing behind me a *long* time ago and as you can see it's really hard to make it out in this pic too. In those days no one had digital cameras or good camera phones and you were just too busy to be taking snaps and you didnt have room for a big film camera in your kit.

No idea if any of that mount stuff will work. I tend to use very 'old' style AEGs (pre 90s) with military optics as appropriate. Hence having no idea if the acog could have the rubber eyecup removed.

Comment

Like you can *barely* see out webbing here:

and this is me with my webbing behind me a *long* time ago and as you can see it's really hard to make it out in this pic too. In those days no one had digital cameras or good camera phones and you were just too busy to be taking snaps and you didnt have room for a big film camera in your kit.

No idea if any of that mount stuff will work. I tend to use very 'old' style AEGs (pre 90s) with military optics as appropriate. Hence having no idea if the acog could have the rubber eyecup removed.

Cheers for the Info..And i would love a Susat for my L85 but all out of stock of the Ares style one (The post type Susat not the like crosshair) And i found a L85 Acog rail raiser which looks like itll do the job perfectly

Comment

A riser rail would probably work okay, but keep looking for a SUSAT, anything else is just... wrong.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DatJames Find out more about DatJames
                                Working...
                                X