This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern royal marine loadout DPM

hi am thinking of doing a royal marine loadout i will have a sa80 tomorow and will probs get a vest of camo of somewhere cheap. but i still need help on the loadout.

thanks
    Niall

Re: Modern royal marine loadout DPM

If you are going for a modern load out say based on Afghan then good luck at getting some MTP as afaik all Marines are using MTP now? May have to settle for Multicam.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

What ere are you looking at? marine c. 2001 invasion of A'stan wore desert trousers Osprey and helmet and Green's smock/jacket.

Comment

To me a modern marine is the latest gear IE now. If you haven't got the latest load out that's not modern? As Abbadon says depends on what era you deem "modern"

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Me 90's onwards, since the L85 and PLCE became standard issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
            What ere are you looking at? marine c. 2001 invasion of A'stan wore desert trousers Osprey and helmet and Green's smock/jacket.
            sorry mate but they didnt have osprey during the initial invasion, they were using the stnadard CBA (combat body armour)

Comment

from what hes mentioned to me it was a woodland loadout , so as i said , plce and/or assualt vest smock cs95s so on so on

Comment

To do a Royal Marine impression correctly, you would also need badges and insignia. That's a whole other can o' worms....

Comment

We are pretty much left to our own choice of load carrying equipment, some prefer the PLCE and some of us go for the plate carriers and assault vest so the choice is yours really. theres plenty for sale on this forum so theres plenty of choice for you. If you wanted authentic then ideally you want the Commando flashes on your shirt/jacket. and for the square patch, dagger patch for if you are serving in a Commando unit, and FPGRM (Fleet Protection Group Royal Marines) have the trident in place of the dagger

Hope thats helpfull for you

Comment

Above as RM Stu now im not a RM but im sure stu feels the same way, get your flashes etc for some realism but dont go as far as the green beret, theres something special about a RM beret, you dont just get handed it, you chase it for 30 miles around dartmoor.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
                      you dont just get handed it, you chase it for 30 miles around dartmoor.
                      It's like the golden snitch but for hard bastards

Comment

Originally posted by spetsnazdave87 View Post
                        It's like the golden snitch but for hard bastards
                        LOL thats all most sig worthy! and very true 'Ard mans golden snitch

Comment

why not go for sbs loadout the worlds your oyster then ?

sorry the shaky boat squadron as the sas call them

Comment

Probably because he's got an SA80 and wants to build a loadout around that...

Comment

An SBS impression is probably a lot harder to pull off accurately than a Royal Marine.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

policeyounggun Just got back into airsofting now i have got a lot older this account was from when i was 15 Find out more about policeyounggun
                              Working...
                              X