X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Modern royal marine loadout DPM

Originally posted by RM_Stu View Post
    rockinrobin i do believe it does say Royal Navy but some of us have got past this and had navy scratched out so it now just reads simply "Royal" :P
    PMSL

I have to admit that I first believed that Royal was used as a positive thing and not a term of abuse. That was until an all-arms qualified CPO put me right! I love the idea of "Navy" being removed from the cards:D
    sigpic

Comment

Dave - until the last film comes out we aren't beaten yet
      That's true at least you got to kill Dumbledore!

Comment

lol kill the grey bearded old looking person BIAS !!! kidding :p i want to see anotehr person die in the last film

Comment

who to reply to first lol

rockinrobin i do believe it does say Royal Navy but some of us have got past this and had navy scratched out so it now just reads simply "Royal" :P

Abbadon - i dont play any instruments i just stand at the back whistling, makes a nice tune

Dave - until the last film comes out we aren't beaten yet
          LOL love it you remind me so much of Jake Carney (RIP bud)

Comment

I know a couple of ex marines and they couldn't give two tosses about what people wear when skirmishing. There have been many discussions on this in the past and it sees that the most upset people are actually civvies and not us ex squaddies. All I would say is if you do do it, do it properly as that's what pisses squaddies off the most.
            Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

As long as you don't claim to have earned the Green Beret I don't see much of a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by jfox61 View Post
                I know a couple of ex marines and they couldn't give two tosses about what people wear when skirmishing. There have been many discussions on this in the past and it sees that the most upset people are actually civvies and not us ex squaddies. All I would say is if you do do it, do it properly as that's what pisses squaddies off the most.
                Couldn't agree more, if you are going to go for our look then do it properly. If you are going to go the full hog with flashes then look the part, clean uniform, tuck that shirt in, boots reasonably clean and not massively long hair and facial hair.

Seems anal i know but i wouldn't want other "civvies" mainly non-airsofters thinking you were Royal which would give a bad impression

Comment

Well I was Royal Engineers and bombed out fo 59 with abusted ankle. Lost my bottle about having to do it all again. But, nothing pisses me off more than seeing half cocked attempts at loadouts. Soldier 95 kit passing as Falklands ffs. Just do a little research and check what you wear was/is current for the loadout. And as Stu says if you wear the insignia wear it properly. And that is whether it is RM or any other forces branch.
                  Feedback link

Comment

PoliceYoungGun i don't want it to seem like im saying "don't you dare". simply saying if you go for it then do it right, out of respect for all of those that serve and have served

Cheers, Stuart

Comment

Strange load out request, surely apart from TRF's and other patches, the RM loadout is much the same as the army loadout, particularly if you are looking at circa 2001. No URO's, so it was PLCE, and webbing. I think, but I'm not sure, was it still the A1, not the A2.
                      sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Snowdrop, you serving/ex-monkeys?
                        sigpic

Comment

It was the A1 during the first year of A'stan. A2 was issued as of 2002. But the loadout would be very similar.

Comment

Yep Above with whats said ill give you a quote that i remember jake telling me about when i first started airsoft and wanted to replicate the Royals.

"If you want to replicate us then by all means do it, however as you know very well earning your green cap isnt buying one off cadet direct, do it properly or dont do it at all, and at least get muscles before hand"...and a :P too this is from MSN.

He went on saying about how other booties can get offended by green cap wearing airsofters but he said as long as they dont say they are, act like they are and actually have ambitions and reasons most dont care, most realise its a compliment a act of respect to replicate an elite force.

Anyone agree with that?

Comment

Agreed

Comment

+2.

This has been discussed at length before by "civvie" Airsofter us squaddies on here, old and new, and the general concensus was it didn't matter so long as everything was done correctly. It seemed to be the non squaddies who actually presumed we would get pissed off.

It is the Mitty's amongst us that draw most derision. So wear the loadout, but make it as accurate as possible, and dont pretend you were in. Do that and you won't get any problem from the squaddie element.
                                Feedback link

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

policeyounggun Just got back into airsofting now i have got a lot older this account was from when i was 15 Find out more about policeyounggun
                                Working...
                                X