SAS - Black/Blue Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SAS - Black/Blue Kit

There is a panel that is a safariland mount. They pop up a lot more often than any other ISPL bits from what I have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
      There is a panel that is a safariland mount. They pop up a lot more often than any other ISPL bits from what I have seen.
      I know there is but I cannot find one anywhere, have you got any sources for ISPL kit? if so could you PM me?

Comment

The ones I have seen have all been on the Bay of E.

Comment

Yeah I looked at one on there a few months back and thought to myself 'hey that would be quite good' but I didn't have an ISPL vest at the time so left it, now ISPL stuff hardly turns up on there, I'm just lucky I have someone that can get me some stuff from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by bravotwozero View Post
            Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.
            you mean your not SAS.....

I thought SAS used what was based in country/ region they are in but totally depends on the op they are doing.
            M4,G36,AK anything goes really who knows what they prefer.

why is everyone so worried about what SAS wear, the SBS harder as you have to pass SAS training before they even look at you.

by the way only going off what I have read from biography of official recognise ex members of the special forces.
            http://www.amazon.co.uk/First-Into-A.../dp/0751531650
            I will find the other (one I found interesting)

Comment

Originally posted by Bunkeredsphinx View Post
              you mean your not SAS.....

I thought SAS used what was based in country/ region they are in but totally depends on the op they are doing.
              M4,G36,AK anything goes really who knows what they prefer.

why is everyone so worried about what SAS wear, the SBS harder as you have to pass SAS training before they even look at you.

by the way only going off what I have read from biography of official recognise ex members of the special forces.
              What?

Comment

hey guys
                do you know where to get an anson tactical nomex hood for s10 from?

Comment

why is everyone so worried about what SAS wear, the SBS harder as you have to pass SAS training before they even look at you
                  Wrong...

Comment

From the Book Description in the link you gave:

"FIRST INTO ACTION is the first Special Boat Services memoir written from the inside. It tells how Duncan Falconer trained with the Royal Marines in Deal before being recruited into the SBS at Poole in Dorset."

No mention of SAS training before being recruited
                    "Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle." Psalm 144:1

Comment

I work about 100m from the Poole base - noisy sods shooting all day and helicopters in and out all the time.

Pretty sure SAS are recruited from the Army regiments and SBS from Marines / Navy. Willing to be corrected as certainly no expert.
                      JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Originally posted by N_Scooby View Post

Pretty sure SAS are recruited from the Army regiments and SBS from Marines / Navy. Willing to be corrected as certainly no expert.
                        Both cadres are "all arms" which means any man from any of the three forces can apply and be selected for both.

Obviously the vast majority of Army applicants will 'choose' Hereford and the same for the Marines and the guys in Poole. There is nothing to stop a Soldoer going to the SBS and a Marine SAS if that's what they want however.

In answer to the above, there is now a single UKSF selection course for SBS and SAS. (SRR, SFSG and SF Signals still run independent courses) after the SERE phase both cadres will split, SAS will go onto further specific training and SBS the same (swimmer canoeist I believe)

Non of this is gospel and is obviously subject to change at the whim off more important people than I!

Comment

What's the best way to sort a respirator so you aren't completely bollocksed breathing through it or replacing them.every 30 seconds.

Secondly not to get into the weapons debate again but it IS possible for a serving soldier to own an ordinarily verboten handgun stored at home (other than the 7.3 cannot be fired ever historical collector permit) for the purpose.of self.defence with permission to carry it in public for the same.purpose.

You have to show cause, not just 'well I carry lots of cash as a bookie' but documented serious threats on your life bass on your identity and your role. For example I have a friend who is ex irish armed forces lives in N.I who due to his forces experiences postings and certain other issues (combo of where he grew up plus family connections etc etc etc) who has one due to the potential for an attack from sectarian groups.

As for guns used I would assume allot would depend on what role they were playing. Also I.have heard that for allot of.the official training they are in issue kit for the most part.

One.thing I have always wondered is do they have to take the same fam and handling.courses for each weapon system? I know they are pistol specific in 'green army' (I.E If i have passed the familiarisation, handling and live fire course for the Browning 9mm but haven't attended a course for the glock, if on deployment there were no hi powers in stores I couldn't draw a glock without first taking the course)

As for calibre debates in kill house style shooting you would be suprised actually how much of a problem 9mm.and other pistol rounds can be compared to 5.56. Check out the box of truth's testing of drywall penetration and be amazed.

Comment

Originally posted by jediknight129 View Post

Secondly not to get into the weapons debate again but it IS possible for a serving soldier to own an ordinarily verboten handgun stored at home (other than the 7.3 cannot be fired ever historical collector permit) for the purpose.of self.defence with permission to carry it in public for the same.purpose.

You have to show cause, not just 'well I carry lots of cash as a bookie' but documented serious threats on your life bass on your identity and your role. For example I have a friend who is ex irish armed forces lives in N.I who due to his forces experiences postings and certain other issues (combo of where he grew up plus family connections etc etc etc) who has one due to the potential for an attack from sectarian groups.
                            This is something very very rare, highly irregular and something people try very hard to keep out of the public domain. For reasons easily imagined but better left unsaid.

Originally posted by jediknight129 View Post
                            One.thing I have always wondered is do they have to take the same fam and handling.courses for each weapon system? I know they are pistol specific in 'green army' (I.E If i have passed the familiarisation, handling and live fire course for the Browning 9mm but haven't attended a course for the glock, if on deployment there were no hi powers in stores I couldn't draw a glock without first taking the course)
                            I've never done a "course" per se for any pistol, even in the green army for either the Sig or Glock

Someone versed in the Sig took me through the functions and Normal Safety Precuations, and I fired a few rounds my camps 25m range.

The glock was issued in theatre after some dry familiarisation in our tent.

Bad drills probably, but unfortunately there isn't alwayd a "course"

Comment

NI has different firearm laws than the rest of the UK. I don't think they could get away with having a personal pistol over here. Happy to be proved wrong though.

Comment

Your right Hitman. Many serving and ex PSNI Members have licensed Personal Protection Weapons.

A quick google brings up a FOI Request from 2012 to PSNI Which stated that there were 2847 such licenses at the time accounting for 4.77% of all NIs firearm certificates.

On the mainland it is obviously a different matter, which is what I was pertaining to in my previous post. Almost unheard of.
                                Last edited by km2339; 22 September, 2014, 18:00.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

N_Scooby Find out more about N_Scooby
                                Working...
                                X