Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SAS - Black/Blue Kit

Originally posted by km2339 View Post
    On the mainland it is obviously a different matter, which is what I was pertaining to in my previous post. Almost unheard of.
    At one time in recent history an ex-military officer carried a Browning, he was under a specific threat and his residence was located in an area where ARV a minimum of 35 bluerun away. ER apparently of course

Comment

Originally posted by jediknight129 View Post
      What's the best way to sort a respirator so you aren't completely bollocksed breathing through it or replacing them.every 30 seconds.
      You got an S6, S10 or GSR?

Easiest way is to drill the innards out! Get a beaver drill bit and carefully drill into the canister from the attachment point, tip all the charcoal out wash it out so you're not drawing a shed load of dust and bits into your grid when you wear it. Finally remove the non return valves from the mask itself. That should help but it will make the mask utterly useless for smoke and gas protection.

Or you could spend months and months of time training and get used to it, nothing beats the f**ked feeling of a section attack in full cat 4 Romeo..... or B!

Comment

Do you have any information or pictures of SAS close protection team ?

Comment

All personnel going SF do the SF prep course, they are then loaded on to selection courses. SBS and SAS do the same one. After the SERE phase SBS candidates are streamed onto the swimmer/ canoeist course (SC1). 18 Sigs Regt, SFSG and SRR do their own selection cadres, which is based on UKSF selection. As for the issue of personal protection weapons (PPW's) in NI it is quite common place, however on the UK mainland it is almost unheard of. At a guess the CT team may carry a pistol in case of rapid deployment, just a guess though. Currently all the Sig pistols that were bought as a UOR are now being sent to UKSF units and RMP CP teams, whilst the rest of the armed forces use the glock.

Comment

I have a question for those more in the know than I, would using a GSR be acceptable?
            Steel Cheese on Op-Tac forum
            listerofsmeg on Arnies

Comment

No as far as I am aware!

Comment

There are a couple of picture that came out of people in Black overalls, SG RAV's and MICH200's breaching a door with a shot gun wearing the new resi's. But they have kind of fizzled off into the ether.

Comment

I did find this earlier, may or may not be "them", probably not but either way I think it looks pretty good
                  Attached Files
                  listerofsmeg on Arnies

Comment

Seeing the swift clip attachments on the vest I would say its more likely a ARU or similar.

Comment

It looks like his respirator is connected to the other guy's headphones

Comment

He is testing his air supply. This is old bill imo looking at the vehicle behind and the vest and lid.

Comment

Have another question I'm hoping someone can help me with. I've got the abseil harness, but the leg loops keep moving down and get in the way even after I've adjusted it. Any suggestions? Are there different sizes of harness available, or is it just the one size?
                          listerofsmeg on Arnies

Comment

Not high enough on the hips. The harness should sit with the waist belt over your naval pretty much. Then you should have the leg loops pretty high into your crotch. It will certainly give you a bulge.

Comment

Some nice kit pics in the thread. The biggest give away for that latest pic not being army will be the sewn on klik fast radio mount which is universal for police.

Comment

hey guys,
                                do you know where i can find an ATLAS 5 Hole Respirator Cover for s10? i tried emailing Anson Tactical but they seemed out of business or shut down...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

N_Scooby Find out more about N_Scooby
                                Working...
                                X