Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

41 Royal Marine Commando, korea early war.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 41 Royal Marine Commando, korea early war.

I used to feel the same way, but there are re-enactors in the Airsoft scene, and detail seems to count in the impressions. I would like someone, just once, to be an ACC cook, circa, say, 1976 for a change as opposed to para/RM/SAS/SBS/SASR/PFPL.
    Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

The whole beret thing is an issue of which is thought by two aspects 'honor & respect' and 'personal opinion' i myself call myself not a royal marine commando, but a respectful male in a group of which remeber's our forgotten boy's. I just cant stand beings of which wear a beret in a dis-respectful mannor.
      Now thats my two pence ;-D
      AK74/47 Parts always wanted!

Comment

Heres my two pence if we are going down that road!!!

SHAPE YOUR BERET and all will be forgotten

Put the cap badge between your left eye and left temple and that will look like you are a bit more knowledged rather than a nod straight out of CTC.

Comment

Honor? Just because 41 worked with the Americans, don't start spelling like one! It's "HONOUR"
          Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawke View Post
            Honor? Just because 41 worked with the Americans, don't start spelling like one! It's "HONOUR"
            I just cried :')
            AK74/47 Parts always wanted!

Comment

Black out the cap badge brightly brightly is a no no

Comment

Originally posted by Hawke View Post
                I used to feel the same way, but there are re-enactors in the Airsoft scene, and detail seems to count in the impressions. I would like someone, just once, to be an ACC cook, circa, say, 1976 for a change as opposed to para/RM/SAS/SBS/SASR/PFPL.

We do WWII TA infantry and RE bomb disposal if thats any good

Korea is odd kit wise.

Early on its mainly 49 pattern BD, windproof suits and the like, later as Rusty says US kit was issues and its hard to tell a Royal Marine and Green Beret apart.

If i'm brutally honest i'd say its a great loadout and to me screams 'congo merc' or 'biafran war' but i don't think it's very 'Korea' if you're going for detail.

Little things like the lightweight trousers blur it a litttle bit, they are very very 70s/80s BAOR in look. Similarly you want ammo or DMS type boots with anklets or puttees.

My Korea impression (and i've not photogrpahed it yet) is a WWII brit windproof suit over 49 pattern BD, cap comforter, 44 pattern webbing, lee enfield MKIV and a MKIII helmet... based on a photo of the gloucesters in Korea.

Like i say brilliant loadout, nice to see something different from the m4 and MC hordes but with a little attention to detail would polish up nicely.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Special bus View Post

Put the cap badge between your left eye and left temple and that will look like you are a bit more knowledged rather than a nod straight out of CTC.

Not if you want to look 1950s and British, its a french fashion thats become more and more prevalent since the 1970s... it's something you'd be pulled apart by the RSM for in the 50s.

Put it this way in the 90s we got bollocked if the badge wasnt over the left eye a long time after we left catterick.. some regiments are more lax about it than others but post WWII it was *very* ususual to see it in a British unit. The only guys with odd cap badge placement were cav and tankies who were allowed to wear theirs in the centre and shape both sides so that headphones fitted better.

Comment

Holy Necropost batman! :0

Gadge, ignore special Bus anyway. Hes a confirmed walting child.
                  section 24 of the 1968 Act
                  Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                  1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                  2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Oh yeah, sorry, i only noticed the post before mine.. the fact the main thread was two years old escaped me!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

roshyroovajihi a guy generally interested in anything Find out more about roshyroovajihi
                    Working...
                    X