X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stargate Atlantis or Stargate SG1 Look

Originally posted by Higson1989 View Post
    http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Stargate_S..._Micro_Carbine

The Carter Special. Made as P90 blanks were getting more expensive.
    Not quite. It was, as stated by someone else, due to the ongoing Middle East wars.
    IIRC, the P90 blanks were initially made using normal cartridge cases. These became short in supply due to the ongoing conflicts, so P90 use was reduced significantly in favour of NATO 5.56mm weapons, blanks for which were readily available.
    The P90s reappeared later in the series and Atlantis as "proper" blank rounds became more readily available.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
      The episode title was "Avenger 2.0"...
      http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Avenger_2.0
      Oh yeah I remember now the old avenger virus
      sigpic
      Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

GAH! How could I forget the G36! I haven't seen it in SG-1, but the G36E is used in Stargate Atlantis (the same weapon reappears in BSG, which was filmed in Vancouver also). In SGU, you see the UMP (9mm or the .45 version, can't tell which from the episodes) and the G36KE.
        In one of the episodes, the natives use M1 Garands and Ak47s, I think its when SGC units are attempting to rescue Daniel Jackson from some planet that's going into a world war after SG-1 shows up.
        The Carter Special remains in SG-1 from season 6 (where it is seen in Heroes Part 2) through to at least season 7, where it is again seen in Avenger 2.0.

Edit: One point I don't get from just about all of SGA, why didn't anyone with a brain cell work out that machine guns would run out of ammo eventually, and give the expedition at least a couple of Zat Guns, or even Staff Weapons? A staff blast would put any Wraith down, at least for a while. So why no posh shiny alien plasma weapons?
        Last edited by Dan SG-7; 6 July, 2011, 16:52.
        Failure is always an option.

Comment

I'm gonna do an sg loadout when the we gas p90 comes out!!

As for zats you have a point but I'm not convinced a staff weapon would put a wrath down in one!

Comment

They are resilient little gits aren't they?

Back OT, I have most of a SG-1 (the Off World one) sorted, including the patches. I just need to get the energy to sew them on.

#carried away by a Moonlight shadow...#

Comment

Originally posted by Im Dave Angel View Post
              Back OT, I have most of a SG-1 (the Off World one) sorted, including the patches. I just need to get the energy to sew them on.
              You mean sew the velcro on, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                You mean sew the velcro on, of course.
                Naturally

#carried away by a Moonlight shadow...#

Comment

This website might be a bit of help for people http://www.mcp-concepts.com/works/wo...te-costume.htm

Comment

Does anyone know if the USMC teams in Stargate (SG-3, SG-5) use plate carriers and molle vests or just simple assault vests and the more common Blackhawk Medic Vest? I'm thinking of doing a SG-1 Seasons 1 to 5 USMC SG team loadout.

Comment

• Re: Stargate Atlantis or Stargate SG1 Look

you could have everything with them, in seasons 1 to 5 the were in US woodland, 6 to 8 they were in the same set up as SG1 in OD and blackhawk medic vest, and in 9, 10 and Ark of Truth they were in digital woodland with a mix of molle vest and simple assault vest in season 9 but in 10 and AofT they all seem to have a digital woodland flake vest, but if you look in a SGU ep from season 2 you see a SG5 member in black with a tactical vest like SG1 in 9, 10 and AofT.........chirst that's sad i know that
                      Santa *creepy kiss* xXx

Comment

Thanks Santa (wait, it isn't Christmas yet?), I was going to guess that the marine teams would be using woodland camouflage with the standard assault vests, seeing that the marine teams typically use MP-5s, M4s and M16s rather than the P90s.

Comment

Sometimes the Air Force SG teams (such as SG-1) wore woodland camo with the standard black vests, etc.
                          As to weapons that's a production expense issue - the P90s were too expensive for everyone to have them.

Comment

Looking to trade my MP5 if anyone is interested, I am going to try for a more generic marine with my SG loadout
                            Selling MP5 & M4 Parts & Other Bits :
                            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...414#post958414

Comment

i am in the process on making a one off custom jaffa airsoft staff. i would love to see what offer i could get for it.

details

the staff is made from light high grade aliminuim
                              semi automatic-400fps
                              long spring bb mag, 600bb cap
                              flashy blue light, guess u could call it a flash.
                              its having a moddified svd dragunov gear box and piston, all upgraded,
                              preasure switch trigger.

for lolz make offers pm me

also i have a predator shoulder mounted cannon project in the works,

Comment

I`d think a 5 or 7 shot shotgun would be more like a staff blast ?
                                sigpic
                                Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

L/CPL-GAUCH Airsoft at Ambush Adventures (Chobham) and Ambush Wargames (Eversley) Find out more about L/CPL-GAUCH
                                Working...
                                X