Help with patch design please? Worth a view for my awful drawing! XD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Help with patch design please? Worth a view for my awful drawing! XD

you want me to put that world image under the shield instead of the OD green
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should......

Comment

if it works and is possible that would be pretty damn awesome and put things into perspective..

Comment

It looked pretty bad due to the world being flat but then I remember A level Geography and apparently its round so I tried this.......In black or white writing

....for some reason photobucket likes to screw around with my colours hence why the earth seems to be glowing

Comment

Hmm ... that atlas i showed was good as it was showing counties if you know what i mean..adds that business..world wide thing to it..

that looks obtrusive with the whole planet ...oh well nice try anyway

Comment

the problem with the atlas was that almost all of it was obstructed by the shield

Comment

Yeah i get what you mean..

edit

i keep looking at it thinking hmm it adds depth..it starting to look better..i dunno im undecided

Comment

I might be able to work it if you opt for a square patch but even then the shield will be very dominant and take up almost all the space

Comment

Shape isnt an issue to be honest mate, if you can dig up an image similar to that style of atlas with the countries then go for that, the img i showed was just a example.

dont wanna tax you though with this its all most 3am lol feel like im annoying you now.

Comment

looks kind of crappy and 2D plus the writing is not that clear. Not easy to create that 3D depth, also the shield looks like its just floating rather than having that weighted impact on the world that you wanted.......will have a think and see if I can come up with something better later.

Comment

Funky lol all right mate no worries appreciate the work so far bud even at this crazy hour
                      Last edited by LtPurcy; 30 January, 2011, 03:09.

Comment

Comment

Cheers Bezza thats the patch I wanted! .

Comment

Bezza interesting concept, atthough how would it made into a patch?

Comment

Just to chime in and echo Balbosa's advice re Patchwerx.

I got a swift reply when I mailed patch companies for quotes, sent paypal for 15 badges, then heard nothing. A week after they were due, I emailed. No reply. Waited a week and emailed again. No reply. Emailed 2 days later and said I would dispute the payment through paypal. 10 minutes later got a response to the tune of 'they were sent last week, don't know why you haven't got them. I''l do another batch & post out tomorrow'. Received patches. Can't help thinking if I'd mailed £60 worth of patches out, I wouldn't just run a load more off & send them straight off.... I suspect they hadn't been done. Even when I emailed to say thanks they had arrived & may need a repeat order, no reply.
                              Decent printed patch, wouldn't use her again for all the hassle.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Comment

they where decent where they? whenever i had that exact same problem with her she did some really shit ones the binding was pants and the prints where smudged on some and also once she said she ran out of velcro when she gets some more in she'll send em out....a month and a half down the line what do i get? normal patches with shop bought strips of velcro sown shoddily onto the back i could of done better myself for fudge sake GAH!!! haha

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NitroJoe I love lamp. Find out more about NitroJoe
                                Working...
                                X