X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bundeswehr/ Flecktarn Look

Originally posted by bulletman View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]54924[/ATTACH]

This Is my Tropentarn Bundeswehr layout , all the gear is in current use by Bundeswehr troops in Afghanistan
    Except the M249 MK46 hopefully a MG4 will be made .
    The NVG Mount is incorrect, the LUCIE Mounts are significantly more available than when I made my original post last year, you can now find them on German eBay for around 300EUR Brand new, search terms "LUCIE Helmhalterung" and you should get at least one up there now...

I've never seen the Claw Gear trousers worn by BW before in Afghan...

The Czech MilSim/Airsoft Team 3./Jägerbataillon 371 are having Airsoft MG4s built for them, I've spoken to the chap who's working on the project, he says that they plan to produce them for general sale, but at a hefty cost estimated at around £700 per piece...

All this being said though, I do like your setup, and it is clear that you've obviously done some good research to get that far... Fair play, I must say!

/Josh

This Tea is shite... Needs more Bag.

- Myself

Comment

Cheers Just go myself the IDZ Falke Vest I'll post some Photos later.The NVG mount I had from a serving BW last year how Just came back from Afghan...so I'm going off what he's told me ? seems they use a lot of off the market gear ,as for the Claw Gear its not issueed to them they buy it off there back's ,that mg4 sounds good if it is make I'll have one .

Comment

Been talking to my friend this morning who's a serving officer in the Bundesweswhr and a few other I work closely with,the nvg mount is in use as well as the LUCIE Mount they use night vision equipment supplied to them by the U.S. as well as there own.they also have been wearing multicam when working with other N.A.T.O unit in Afghan....they also wear British and American rank insignia as well as there own,as for the Claw gear he wears them as does a lot of men in his unit Tac Gear and Crye industries ,the issued Gear has a habit of splitting at the knees and crutch.They seem to swap and mix there equipement like myself ,so its going hard trying to keep up with them.

Comment

A few photo's of my new IDZ Falke Vest as issued and worn by Bundeswehr Troops.

Weapons
          G36K KSK ,HK416 HK MP7A1
          As used by the Bundeswehr also all the pouches are genuine issue IDZ orolder with Idz adaptors fitted .

Comment

The Falke was never issued, it was worn by troops, but by private purchase only... The Genuine IdZ Armour Vest would leave a 400-900 Euro Dent in your pocket.

The NVG mount is an iffy one, some of the International liaison soldiers (basically German guys that work closely, embedded with the American troops, often working as translators and the like) sometimes opt to wear the PVS14 mount, but the standard German issue NOD mount is the Ob70 LUCIE one.

Pretty much most of the vests, body armour and chest rigs worn by German troops are private purchase nowadays...

/Josh

- Myself

Comment

The Falke vest was purchased whilst I was in Germany it took 10 week to be made and delivered by that time I was back home. I ordered it the same time as a few friends in Germany ordered theirs who are serving soldiers "The genuine issued" one isn't issued anymore and hasn't be for a wile they receive and allowance to buy them, also even tho mine was a private purchase it has Bundeswehr size and issue marking so does that make it issued .As I said the gear I you is in use with the Bundeswehr issued or un-issued everything I use is from first hand knowledge told to me by the guys who wear it i.e serving soldiers .

Comment

Originally posted by bulletman View Post
                The Falke vest was purchased whilst I was in Germany it took 10 week to be made and delivered by that time I was back home. I ordered it the same time as a few friends in Germany ordered theirs who are serving soldiers "The genuine issued" one isn't issued anymore and hasn't be for a wile they receive and allowance to buy them, also even tho mine was a private purchase it has Bundeswehr size and issue marking so does that make it issued .As I said the gear I you is in use with the Bundeswehr issued or un-issued everything I use is from first hand knowledge told to me by the guys who wear it i.e serving soldiers .
                Since when has the Genuine issue IdZ Armour carrier stopped being issued?

Can you show me a photo of the issue marking, I talk to Bw. guys all the time and I've heard nothing of this...

The real IdZ is made by Mehler Vario System in Fulda, their website says they're still made and avail for military orders, so I don't know why they would go out and buy the Falke...

This being said, one of my friends who is a Fallschirmjäger brought himself one, but he said it was only by private purchase, I don't know whether he got it refunded by the Army or not, but that still doesn't make it and issued item.

/Josh

- Myself

Comment

When I get back to the U.K. I'll post some pic for you I'm in Germany at the moment sitting in a Army base so its a bit hard to send you so pic's for you to criticize about.Must be nice to talk to your friends in th BW I'm sitting having breakfast with a lot of BW and they're Paratroopers to, whats your friend name? I'can have a chat with him or you can tell him to find me he won't have to look for there's only a couple of us brits at the base .

Comment

I won't reveal his name in public, I'll let you know via PM

I've got no problem with being proved wrong, if anything I'd like the see the Falke vest being issued, it would make my life so much easier if I wanted to do a Bw. Regular kit :D

/Josh

- Myself

Comment

Is the falke vest worn by BW troops on operational duties home and abroad?...........and you'll find that the answer will be yes,so it is in use with the BW they may have to purchase themselves but its still in use so if you've read my post I said in current use Issued or UN-ISSUED doesn't matter ,if they wear in the field of operation who ever makes them then that good enough for me, and yes Mehler still make them never said they didn't and they are still taking orders individual orders that is a lot of troops buy the falke as its just as good as the Mehler quality wise and it more comfortable and a hell of a lot cheaper on the pocket as I've been reliably told,I work face to face with members of BW as well as other NATO troop I take what they say as true and have seen it in use myself,so I'll agree to disagree with you on a few things so not to make this a heated argument.Also in one of your thread you said that the Falke is a reproduction meaning its a copy, it is similar to the Mehler granted but not a copy of it. If you have seen the too which you more than likely have you'll know they are different .

Comment

Well you can use it as it is being used, I've seen them all the time being worn as well as the Mehler and to be honest with you I'm in Koln working with the Fallschirmjäger so my layout is based on their's so all my info has come from them I wont pm you as I said I'l agree to disagree but you input has been listen to and taken in if you ever do a BW layout I can get a lot of gear from Germany and I will be willing to some for you .

Comment

I have deleted your pm as you have given the name of a serving member of the BW

Comment

Okay, that's fine, but you did ask...

I'm fine with the proposition that the Falke is being issued, but I've just yet to see photographs of it, I'm like this with a lot of things, my usual attitude to claims to things I've heard nothing about is "Pics or it didn't happen"...

/Josh

- Myself

Comment

Yes I did ask and there should be pics of it in use somewhere have you tried google or the BW forums?

Comment

I'm putting together a 'pre-flectarn' 80s Bundeswehr impression and i'm *really* struggling to find original 'moleskin' combats in a 34 waist at a sensible price.

They used to be a about a fiver a pair but all i seem to find now is repro ones for about £25 upwards.

Does any one know of a UK supplier that still has original ones in. Also after an 80s Bw webbing yoke and drawing a blank there too..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

darksidedsam Find out more about darksidedsam
                                Working...
                                X